Sushi

Noona, I think I love you

Minhee’s pov:

“This is where you get the cutlery….” I explained, pointing to the dark oak wood cupboard where the cutlery was neatly placed according to their usage.

“We’ll usually set the tables before we open for the next serving but if the customer leaves we’ll have to replace it, or if they ask for extra cutelry.” I continued, giving him a small smile.

“Ne…I understand..” Jin replied, nodding.

“I’ll show you the kitchen and the locker room then.” I told him as I led the way.

I was trying hard not to keep grinning so I wouldn’t look like a total idiot. But it was hard…because he was just sooo good looking.

“Locker number 32 is yours.” I said, grabbing a key from the key hanger in the locker room.

Jin nodded as I handed the key to him and brought him to the locker.

Actually I had chose locker 32 because it was the one just next to mine!

“You can put your stuff in the locker when you come for work and get changed in the back room over there.” I said, pointing to a door at the end of the room.

“All right, thanks for your help Minhee ssi..” Jin smiled, shoving his bag into the locker.

“You remember my name.” I smiled, noticing his school blazer was sticking out of his bag when he placed it in the locker and the school logo was showing.

“HanGwang High School…” I thought, it was one of the more prestigious High Schools in Seoul that was popular with the Chaebols.

“He must come from a rich family then…”

“But then why is he working here?”

I began to get curious.

“You have a pretty name.” Jin replied.

“Gomawoyo….Seokjin ssi…or do you prefer..Jin ssi?” I said, blushing a little.

“Just Jin is fine.” He replied.

“So…you go to HanGwang High School?” I asked, trying to start a conversation.

“Yeah…how’d you know?” He asked, with a surprised look on his face.

“Omg now he thinks I’m a stalker.”

“Oh…I saw your school uniform when you put your bag in the locker.” I explained, smiling embarrassedly.

“Ah…yeah, you look like you’re a student too. Which school do you go to?” He asked.

“Keisung Girls High…it’s my last year at High School.” I replied.

“Ah, so we’re the same age then…I’m 18 too.” Jin smiled.

“Cool.” I replied as we proceeded to the front of the restaurant to get ready for the dinner sitting.

“Jin ssi…I’l be around if you need my help don’t hesitate to ask.” I told him.

“Ne..I will…thanks Minhee ssi.” Jin replied as we got to work.

 

Work went on as normal as the restaurant became busy with the dinner crowd and the orders piled in.

Then this group of guys came in, they were young probably around my age but they looked arrogant and were dressed in high end branded clothes. They looked like those rich sons of chaebols who don’t do but just spend their parents’ money.

“*Oseooseyo…” I bowed as they entered the restaurant.

“This way please..” I said, directing them to their seats.

I walked past Jin while going to take the menus and I realized he looked a little shifty. He was taking glances and the group of boys who just came in and there was a nervous look on his face.

“Please take a look at the menu..” I said, handing out the menu to them.

“Jin ssi, are you okay?” I asked, while waiting for the group to make a decision on their food.

“I’m..I’m fine.” Jin said quickly, shuffling a few feet away from the table.

“Jeogiyo…” One of the guys at the table called.

“Ne!” I replied as I proceeded to the table to take their order.

“What would you like sir?” I asked, but then I could see he was looking past me…behind me at Jin.

“Actually Miss, could you get the guy over there to serve us?” He said.

I raised my eyebrows at him, a little shocked that he actually requested for Jin to serve them.

“Ne…please wait a moment..” I replied, walking over to where Jin was.

“Jin ssi…do you know those guys over there?” I whispered.

Jin looked at me and then looked at them and back at me again.

“Aniyo…not really..” He replied.

“Well the guy over there requested that you serve their table…let me know if there’s anything wrong okay?” I told him.

Jin looked a little frazzled as he nodded at me and quickly proceeded to the table to take the orders.

He didn’t look too good and I was curious so I grabbed the water jug and pretended to fill up the water at the next table so I could listen in on their conversation.

 

Jin’s pov:

My eyes darted around as I neared the table and grabbed my order pad out of my pocket.

I’ve seen these guys around in school before, HanGwang High was full of chaebol kids. It was super embarassing for them to see me working here as a waiter.

I had noticed them come in and hoped that they wouldn’t recognize me but they must have recognized me now…because they got Minhee to ask me to serve their table.

“What can I get you?” I asked, grabbing my pen tightly.

“You…I recognize you..” One of them said.

“God…I just wanted to crawl into a corner and die right now…”

“Aren’t you from our class….Kim Seokjin…” He continued, frowning at me.

The other guys at the table whispered to each other and nodded in agreement.

They laughed at me as the guy who spoke first said.

“Well…your results at school aren’t really good…the food names are all in Italian…are you sure you’ll be able to take our order correctly.” He said proudly.

The others chuckled as they smirked at me.

I clenched my fist as I stared firmly at him, it was clear he wanted to embarrass me in front of everyone.

“I can read as good as anyone of you here.” I replied.

“I’ll have the Risotto con la lüganega..”

“Order as much as you want guys….the bill’s on me tonight.” He smirked.

Moscardini lessati alla genovese…”

Pesce Spada arrosto in salmoriglio…”

Tiella di riso, patate e cozze….”

They started to fire me with many of the food names and they ordered a lot too, intentionally trying to make my life harder.

I finished scribbling down the order and left to send it to the kitchen.

I waited till the food came out then I brought them towards the table, but then as I was carrying the food to the table one of the guys stuck out his leg on purpose and I tripped over it sending the food flying all over the place.

 

Minhee’s pov:

“Omo! Jin ssi! Are you okay?” I asked, running over to him.

He had fallen onto the ground and there was food all over the place, I had clearly saw that the boy sitting at the table had stuck his leg out to trip him.

Jin sighed as he got up from the ground.

“I’m sorry sir, let me get you another plate.” He said, taking a cloth and wiping the boy’s shirt.

“How could you be so careless! Do you know how much this shirt cost!?” He shouted, pushing Jin’s hand away.

“I want you to compensate me for this shirt!” He demanded.

I stared at him with my eyes wide open, I clearly saw him tripping Jin on purpose and now he wanted to make a scene.

“Is anything wrong Sir?” The manager asked, running over to the table.

“Yes! Your staff here just ruined my branded shirt!”

“He’s new here and may have made a mistake, we’ll get you a new plate of food sir.” The Manager tried to reason with him, but he didn’t look like he was going to let it pass.

“Not only did he ruin my shirt he also didn’t take the orders properly! This isn’t what we ordered!”

I couldn’t take it anymore this guy was just being unreasonable! Jin didn’t do anything wrong!

“You’re lying! I heard everything that you ordered, Jin didn’t take the wrong order…everything that you ordered is here!” I said, stepping up.

“You!” The guy said standing up and pointing at me.

“Is this how you train your staff!?” He demanded.

“Minhee ssi…” Jin hissed, grabbing my arm.

I gave him a reassuring nod as I continued.

“Bujangnim! I saw cleary just now Jin dropped the food because this guy over here put his leg out on purpose to trip him!” I said, staring at the guy.

He stared back at me, it almost looked like there was fire in his eyes.

“Are you saying I did something so childish!?” He demanded.

“You must have a grudge against Jin or else you wouldn’t have done that! I don’t know what that grudge is…but coming here and making life difficult for him…that’s totally not cool!” I said.

The guy was about to say something when the Manager cut in.

“Sir, I’m afraid if what she said is true I will have to ask you to leave.” He said.

“You better watch out! I’m going to tell everyone I know not to come to this restaurant…wait and see. Especially you!” He said, pointing at me.

Then he threw the napkin onto the floor and walked out the door and his friends followed after him.

“Jin ssi, clean up the mess here.” The manager told Jin as he walked away.

“Ne!” Jin stuttered grabbing some cloth and starting to pick up the pieces of broken porcelain on the floor.

“I’ll help you.” I said, bending down and clearing the food off the floor.

Jin looked at me and I smiled back at him, he still didn’t look too good after what had happened just now.

“Gomawo…Minhee ssi…” He mumbled.

“It was nothing….that guy was obviously bullying you! I had to help…” I replied.

Jin smiled at me as he reached out to pick up the fork that was lying on the floor, at that moment I also reached out for the fork and my hand accidentally brushed against his.

Both of us looked at each other and I blushed a little as Jin quickly blinked and took his hand away.

I quickly stood up from the ground and left for the kitchen, turning my head behind a little and stealing a glance at Jin wondering if he felt that spark too.

“Minhee ssi!” I heard Jin call as he ran into the kitchen where I was.

“Hmmmm?” I asked, turning to look at him.

“Do you have any plans after work?” He asked.

“I don’t think soo…” I replied, totally forgetting I was supposed to have dinner with Yoongi.

 

“Then let me treat you to dinner….to thank you for helping me out just now.” Jin smiled.

“Great!” I smiled back.

“Did he just ask me out for a date?”

“Soo…we’ll leave together after work then.” Jin said.

“Mmmm..” I nodded at him.

“I’ll…get back to work.” He said, smiling shyly and turning to walk out the kitchen.

I giggled to myself as I saw him leave.

He was cute.

 

After work, Jin and I changed and left the restaurant.

“Sooo…do you want to eat anything in particular?” He asked as we walked down the sidewalk.

“How bout sushi? I know a great sushi bar just nearby.” I suggested.

“Sounds great!” Jin replied as we walked towards the direction of the Sushi bar.

We reached the place and sat down at the table, Jin and I watched the conveyor belt as the plates of sushi rolled by wondering what to eat.

“So, Jin ssi…who were those guys just now? Do you know them?” I asked, grabbing a plate of ebi sushi from the conveyor belt.

“They’re from my school…” He said.

“I don’t really fit in with the rest of the students and I’m usually alone….they were probably just trying to make fun of me because it’s embarrassing for the son of a chaebol to be working as a waiter at a restaurant.” He finished, grabbing his tamago sushi with his chopsticks.

“That’s right…why are you working at the restaurant anyway? Your parents are probably rich aren’t they since you go to HanGwang High..” I said, catching his drift.

This was my opportunity to find out more about him.

Jin sighed as he lowered his chopsticks.

“It’s a long story…” He said.

“Since we work together…we’ll have lots of opportunities to see each other won’t we? Why don’t I tell you some other time?”

I nodded at him, what he said was true…we still had lots of opportunities to get to know each other better.

Slow and steady was the way to go.

“All right…” I replied.

“Here, you gotta try the Ikura Warship…it’s really good!” I said, pushing the plate to him.

Jin nodded as he put the Ikura warship into his mouth, he looked like a hamster with his cheeks full and chewing like that.

“Mmmmm…this is the best Ikura Warship I’ve eaten.” He said, widening his eyes.

I chuckled at his expression, I had a feeling the two of us could get along well.

Just then, I remembered I was supposed to meet Yoongi for dinner.

“Omo!!” I exclaimed.

“What is it?” Jin asked, raising his eyebrows at me.

“I’m supposed to meet Yoongi for dinner!! Aishhhh!! I totally forgot!!” I mumbled, scrambling through my bag for my phone.

I hadn’t turned it on since I left the restaurant, Yoongi must have been trying to call me the whole time.

“Yoongi?” Jin asked curiously.

“Your boyfriend?”

“Aaa..Aniyo! My…Dongsaeng…” I replied.

I didn’t know why I said Yoongi was my dongsaeng at that moment it just felt right.

Jin nodded thoughtfully as I dialed Yoongi’s number on my phone.

 

Suga’s pov:

I sighed as I stared at my phone.

“Noona…where are you?” I mumbled to myself.

I was starving already and she wasn’t here yet, her phone wasn’t even on.

I was about to put my phone away when suddenly it started ringing in my hand.

The picture of Noona and I appeared on the screen indicating that she was calling.

“Oh! Noona! Where are you!?” I asked, immediately placing the phone to my ear.

“Yoongi ah…mianhae….” She apologized.

“I forgot we were having dinner together….I’m with a friend now…” She said.

“A friend?” I asked, my mood dampening a little.

“Yeah…Yoongi ah..why don’t you come over? I’ll treat you to sushi..Oh?” Minhee said.

“I’m at the sushi bar near the restaurant…come over all right?”

“Oh…I’ll be right there.” I said as I hung up the phone.

I wondered which friend Minhee was talking about as I walked towards the sushi bar.

A guy? Or a Girl?

I reached the sushi bar and stood outside, adjusting my hair in the glass reflection to make sure I looked all right.

I had even worn my new shirt out since I was having a dinner date with Minhee but it turned out she had forgotten about me…fml.

I looked around and spotted Minhee sitting at a table near the conveyor belt, she was with a guy.

“Noona..” I said, looking towards the boy.

He looked around Minhee’s age and he was handsome, it made me feel kind of inferior to be near him. Especially since he was with Minhee.

“Oh Yoongi ah!” Minhee said as I sat down.

“Yoongi ah..this is Jin…he just transferred over to our restaurant today.” Minhee introduced.

“Annyeonghaseyo…” I mumbled, bowing my head a little.

“So you’re Minhee’s Dongsaeng?” He said.

“D…Dongsaeng???” I asked, raising my eyebrows.

Since when had I become related to Minhee by blood.

“Yoongi ah, I got you extra Ikura Warships since you like them.” Minhee said, changing the subject.

“Ooh…” I replied, still confused.

“I’m treating you today so eat more okay?” Minhee smiled.

I nodded as I ate the sushi, looking up at the boy named Jin and then at Minhee.

Now this was awkward…..I was beginning to regret coming here.

 

*A/n: It looks weird when I type it out in english but Oseooseyo (어서 오세요) means Welcome in korean.

P.S.: Also...I dunno Italian those names of food I just googled it and copied and paste so....haha~ >W<

P.P.S: Warship sushis are those with the seaweed wrapped around and stuff on top like this & here's more Jin for you~