Unreasonable

Noona, I think I love you

I sighed as I dragged my feet along the sidewalk, still angry at Namjoon for using that tone on me. He was like this whole other person after he started dating Minhee.

Who was he to order me around? He didn’t own me!

I continued walking and then suddenly my stomach began to rumble. I frowned as I grabbed at my T-shirt….my stomach was being a . First it went all queasy and then made me puke…now it wanted food.

“Ahjumma! One bowl of Bibimyeon please…” I ordered as I sat down at one of the tables at a roadside stall.

“Ne…” The ahjumma nodded as she prepared the noodles and brought it to my table.

I grabbed the chopsticks and started wolfing down the noodles. My eyes widened as I continued chewing on the noodles, my stomach felt all warm and nice again.

“Haksaeng…you must be hungry….eat slowly..” The ahjumma said as she watched me eat.

“Mmmm…the noodles are delicious!” I complimented, looking up from my bowl.

The ahjumma smiled as she approached my table carrying a tray with a bowl on it.

“Here…since you like the food so much, I’ll give you this beef bone soup on the house.” She said as she placed the bowl onto my table.

“Oohhh..Kamsahamnida ahjumma...” I bowed my head, surprised at her friendly-ness.

“Eat more…” She smiled as she returned to her work.

I finished up my food and was about to leave when my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket and realized it was Minhee.

I held my phone in my hand for a while thinking if I should pick up the call.

There wasn’t any reason not to answer Minhee’s calls, Namjoon was the one I was angry with…not Noona.

“Noona..” I answered.

“Oh! Yoongi ah! Where are you? Are you at home??” Minhee exclaimed as soon as she heard my voice.

“Aniyo….I’m…outside..” I replied, looking around the shop.

“Where are you? I’m worried about you…you just left like that just now…” Minhee said.

“Noona…mianhae…”

“Is Joon there?” I asked, wanting to know if he was eavesdropping on our conversation or anything.

“Aniyo…we left right after finishing our food…he sent me home already.” She replied.

“What happened? Did Namjoon say anything mean?” She asked.

“No…it was nothing…” I said, brushing it off.

“Yoongi ah, I thought you promised you won’t keep anything from me?”

“Noona…it’s really nothing..”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah…if there’s anything you should know…I’ll tell you all right?”

“Mmmm..” Minhee nodded.

“You guys didn’t have a fight or anything right?” I was worried Namjoon might have gotten angry and quarreled with Minhee.

“No…but it was awkward after you left…he wouldn’t tell me anything about what happened in the bathroom.”

“Yoongi ah…are you going home? It’s late…”

“Yeah…I just ate…I’m on the way home now.”

“Let me know when you’re home okay?”

“Noona…don’t worry about me…sleep early okay?”

“Mmmm…” Minhee replied as we both hung up.

I smiled a little as I put my phone back in my pocket, I was glad Minhee still cared enough about me to call me to see if I was all right.

I reached my apartment building a while later and was about to cross the basketball court to get to the lifts when I saw Minhee sitting on one of the benches waiting.

I widened my eyes as I approached her, wondering why she was sitting there alone in the dark. It was late and it wasn’t safe for a girl like her to be out now.

“Noona!” I called, jogging towards the bench.

“Oh Yoongi ah! You’re back.” She smiled as she saw me approaching.

“Noona, how come you’re here by yourself…it’s late..it’s not safe.” I said.

“I was waiting for you..” She smiled.

“Now that you’re here in front of me…I can sleep in peace.” She said.

I smiled at her, I was feeling all better now that I knew she cared so much about me.

“Come on, we should go inside.” Minhee said cheerfully as she wrapped her arm around my elbow and pulled me inside the building.

 

The next day at school, I had left home earlier because I didn’t want to see Namjoon and he was picking Minhee up.

I sat in the classroom at my desk listening to my music when Namjoon walked in. We caught each other’s gaze as he walked towards his seat, which was beside me.

He said nothing as he pulled his desk a few inches away from mine, there was a loud screeching sound as the legs of the table scratched the ground.

Namjoon gave me a stare as he plopped himself down on his seat.

As the day continued on, Namjoon and I said nothing to each other. Both of us still angry, both of us still wanting to keep out pride rather than apologize to the other.

Lunchtime came and Namjoon left his seat quicker than lightning, not waiting for me of course.

I sighed as I got up from my seat and proceeded to the computer lab. I wanted to check my email to see if there was anything important.

I sat on the chair and scrolled through my email, then I saw it! The email I was looking for.

My eyes widened and a smile of delight spread across my face as I clicked the new email.

“Acceptance for gig at club NB”

I had applied to a few clubs and sent in our mixtapes before asking them to let us perform our music there. But most had declined because we were under aged and weren’t allowed into clubs.

But finally! Noise Basement (NB) had replied and said that they like our music and were willing to host a no-alcohol night for us to perform and our fans to come. Noise basement was the most popular Hip Hop club in all of Hongdae and it was the BEST place for us to perform.

I was so happy I forgot the situation between me and Namjoon for a while. We had to be a team if we wanted to perform there…there was no choice…I had to apologize to him.

“Maybe apologizing wasn’t that bad after all….it will make things easier for Noona too…she wouldn’t get caught between the both of us..”

I thought as I walked around the school looking for Namjoon. I had printed out the email and was holding it in my hand so I could show Namjoon.

“Joon ah!” I called, spotting him over at the basketball court shooting some hoops.

He immediately stopped and turned towards me as he saw me approach.

Clearly not happy, he intentionally bounced the basketball in front of me so I had to get out of the way.

“Out of the way!” He said as he threw the ball into the hoop.

“Joon ah, listen to me…I have something to tell you.” I said sternly, grabbing his arm.

“What hyung? You wanna tell me what you did with my girlfriend yesterday when I wasn’t around?” He said, staring me down.

“What!?” I said in disbelief.

“Was he spying on us?”

“Come on Joon….I’m not here to argue with you..” I started.

Namjoon calmed down a little as he held his basketball below his arm and rolled his eyes to look away from me.

“Joon ah, I’m sorry about yesterday okay? Maybe I wasn’t thinking straight…maybe I said some things I shouldn’t have…but I was just angry at the tone you used on me…” I explained.

“I’m your hyung, you shouldn’t be ordering me around…besides…Minhee Noona and I have been friends for years….plus you know I wouldn’t do anything to betray you right Joon?” I asked, raising my eyebrows at him.

Namjoon softened his gaze as he sighed and turned to look at me.

“Hyung…I’m sorry too…it’s just…it’s the first time I’m having a girlfriend…and she’s someone that I like a lot…so I may have been a little controlling…”

“You understand….right hyung? I’m just afraid I might lose her.” He finished.

“I know..” I said, squeezing his shoulder and smiling at him.

“Brothers?” I said, lifting my palm up in front of me.

“Brothers!” Namjoon smiled as he smacked my palm with his.

“Now….for the good news…” I said, smirking and putting my arm over his shoulder as we walked back into the school building.

“Joon ah…are you ready? Because this is big news…..really really really big news!” I exclaimed, raising my eyebrows at him.

“Hyung what is it!” Namjoon insisted, getting impatient already.

“Jja jjang!!” I said, holding up the printed email in front of him.

Namjoon widened his eyes and he scanned the paper.

“We’ve been accepted to perform a gig at club NB!!!” I grinned, watching Namjoon’s face for a reaction.

“Mwo!? Club NB!? You mean…only like the coolest most happening Hip Hop club in Hongdae!??!” Namjoon shouted, causing all the students in the hallway to divert their attention to us.

“YES!” I hissed, grabbing his shoulders.

“Hyung!!!! We’re going to be famous!!!” Namjoon shrieked, wrapping his arms around me and hugging me so tightly I could even breathe.

“All right all right!!!” I choked, smacking Namjoon’s back so he would release me.

Two guys hugging in a hallway of an all boys school wasn’t the prettiest sight either.

Namjoon finally released me but his excitement didn’t die down. There was still a look of utter satisfaction on his face.

I smiled as I saw his expression.

This was the Kim Namjoon I was friends with….

This is the Kim Namjoon that I wanted to see…

He was back…well at least for now.

 

After school, Namjoon had went off to send Minhee to work and I was stuck alone in the dance room practicing my moves.

It wasn’t enough just standing there and rapping, we had to deliver a strong dance as well…only that would count as an epic performance.

Besides…if the two of us wanted to get spotted by any entertainment company…we had to both dance and rap well.

I practiced one of the more complicated moves for a while longer then I grabbed my towel and sat on the floor soaking up my sweat.

I looked towards the clock and realized it was already nearing 630.

“Maybe I should shower and go over to the restaurant to see how Minhee was doing..”

I thought as I grabbed my water bottle and gulped down the water.

 

Minhee’s pov:

“Namjoon ah, you can send me up to here…I can go in by myself.” I told Namjoon as I walked up the stairs.

“Noona…I want to see what your colleagues at work are like…that’s okay right?” Namjoon asked.

“Well…I guess…” I mumbled as Namjoon followed me into the restaurant.

Sometimes I found him too overbearing, it’s like he wanted to know everything I was doing at everytime of the day. Who I was with…Where I was going…are they guys or girls…

“Annyeonghaseyo..” I bowed as I saw my colleagues arranging the tables and chairs.

Some of them were students like me and others were older staff members…none of them that I really took interest in.

“Minhee ssi!” One of my female colleagues greeted as she came up to me.

“Oh…this is..?” She asked, looking towards Namjoon.

“I’m her boyfriend.” Namjoon said before I could say anything.

I looked towards him, he was even controlling what I wanted to say.

“Yeah…he wants to check the place out.” I told my colleague.

“Ahhh..I see…nice to meet you…I’m Chanmi.” She introduced herself.

“Namjoon…” Namjoon replied.

After a while, I took Namjoon aside.

“Namjoon ah, have you seen enough? There isn’t anyone here you need to be worried about you know…” I whispered.

“Noona…you’re very important to me so I just want to make sure you’re safe.” Namjoon said, grabbing my hand.

“I know…” I replied as I looked into his eyes.

“I’ll come pick you up after work okay? Call me if there’s anything.” He smiled as he left the rstaurant.

I know he cared a lot about me, but it was getting a little suffocating. He wasn’t giving me any personal space…everywhere I went..whatever I did…he wanted to do it with me. If I did it with someone else, he’ll get jealous.

 

There was just an hour left before I got off work and I was serving a customer at the table.

“May I take your order sir?” I asked, there were two men at the table seemingly rich businessmen from a prominent company.

This job was my only means of survival and I couldn’t risk making any mistakes or I could lose this job. So I was always careful at work, even though a customer was being unreasonable.

“Two wagyu steaks please, one medium rare and one rare…and could you recommend us the house wine to go with the steak?”

“Yes sir, I’ll return right away.” I said as I finished scribbling the order.

I chose two wines from the wine cupboard and returned to the table.

“Sir, for your steak I would recommend having red wine.”

“I have two here, one is a French Cabernet sauvignon and the other is an Italian red wine from Toscana..” I explained.

“You seem to know your wines very well…” The man smiled at me as he took one of the bottles from my hand.

As he did, he accidentally brushed his hand against mine.

“Your hand is very soft.” He said.

I smiled at him, thinking nothing of it…he probably just touched my hand by mistake.

“We’ll have the French wine.” He said, passing the menu back to me.

As he did his hand brushed against mine again.

“Sorry about that…” He apologized this time.

I bowed and was about to leave the table when suddenly someone charged towards the table and grabbed the man by his hand.

I widened my eyes as I turned to see who it was…it was Namjoon.

“What do you think you’re trying to do!?” Namjoon shouted, pulling the man up from his seat.

“Namjoon ah!” I exclaimed in shock.

“What is this!? Who are you!?” The Man demanded, staring at Namjoon.

“I saw everything, you pretended to brush your hand against the hand of this girl right here…but actually you wanted to touch her hand didn’t you!?” Namjoon demanded.

“Namjoon ah…it’s not what you think…stop this right now please…” I pleaded, grabbing his arm and pulling him away.

“I apologized! Didn’t you hear me apologize!?” The man said, looking towards me.

“Yes Sir…I’m sorry sir…I’ll take him away right now..” I said, trying my best to pull Namjoon away but he wouldn’t budge.

“Is this how this restaurant treats it’s customers!?” The man bellowed, everyone around the restaurant was looking towards us already.

“You touched my girlfriend! I won’t forgive you!” Namjoon continued shoving the man and causing him to fall against the table, which went crashing down.

There were shocked gasps around the room as the manager came.

“I’m going to sue this restaurant for damages!!” The man shouted, getting up from the ground.

“Namjoon ah!! Come out!” I said, dragging him towards the door.

“Come out!!” I screamed, pulling him outside.

I was angry now…he had totally went in there and messed everything up.

“What is wrong with you!?” I screamed, shoving him.

My eyes were almost in tears.

“Noona! What is wrong with ME!?” Namjoon shouted.

“That guy was clearly taking advantage of you! You should have let me at least punch his face!”

“Namjoon ah! It was an accident!! He apologized! I work here..how can you just barge into the restaurant and make a mess out of everything!?”

“Do you know I could get fired after this!? This is my job! It’s important to me…it’s my means of survival! Do you even understand that!?” I screamed, tears pouring out of my eyes.

“Forget it! I don’t want to talk you!” I screamed, running down the stairs with tears in my eyes.

“Noona! Where are you going!? You can’t just leave like that!” Namjoon said, grabbing my arm.

It hurt.

“Stop it! You’re hurting me!” I screamed, struggling out of his grip but he wouldn’t let go.

“No! I won’t let you leave like this!” He shouted.

It was raining heavily right now and we were getting soaked by the rain.

“I was trying to protect you! Don’t you understand!? I don’t like you working here, quit your job at the restaurant immediately!” He said, grabbing my shoulders and shaking me.

I stared at him in disbelief, he still didn’t know what he did wrong.

“No!” I screamed.

“Why can’t you do that for me!?” Namjoon shouted, in anger he pushed me a little to hard and I screamed falling onto the wet grass.

 

Suga’s pov:

I immediately dumped the umbrella I was holding as I heard Minhee scream and ran towards her.

I had seen everything from afar, the both of them quarreling and shouting and finally Namjoon pushing Minhee.

I didn't know the details and I had wanted to let them sort it out by themselves, after all it was normal for couples to quarrel. But Namjoon pushing Minhee was the last straw.

“Noona!” I shouted as I ran towards her.

“Noona, are you okay?” I asked.

She looked at me and I noticed that she was crying.

“You! What are you doing here!?” Namjoon shouted, grabbing my shirt and pulling me to face him.

“I told you not to hurt her!” I shouted, shoving him in the chest so he let go of my shirt.

“You were spying on us weren’t you!? You secretly like Minhee and you want to steal her away from me!! I knew it!!” Namjoon shouted at me.

I laughed at him, did he even know what he was saying. He was so full of bull right now.

“I can’t be bothered to talk to you!” I shouted back at him and I turned around and helped Minhee up from the ground.

“Noona, let’s go…” I said, giving Namjoon a side stare as I took her hand and led her away.

 

A/n: Don't know about you guys but I can't get enough of Yoongi ;~;

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ