Friend Zoned

Noona, I think I love you

“5…4….3….2…1!” I counted as the school bell rang right after I counted one.

I smiled to myself as I quickly grabbed my stationery and threw them into my pencil case, then I grabbed my chemistry textbook and was about to proceed out of the lab when I heard someone call me.

“Yoongi ah…”

I turned behind to face the disgusting slob who had become my lab partner because Kim Namjoon didn’t want to have anything to do with me anymore.

“Your pen..” He said, holding the pen he had borrowed from me out in front of him.

I grimaced as my eyes scanned the pen, it looked wet and greasy now. God knows what he did with my pen!!

“You can have it.” I replied as I quickly turned and left the lab.

I was walking quickly and kept turning my head to see if the slob was following me but he wasn’t.

I heaved a sigh of relief as I continued walking and then I bumped into someone and my stuff fell out of my hand.

“Sorry!” I mumbled as I raised my head and realized it was Namjoon.

“Watch it.” He scoffed, walking away.

I sighed as I picked up my books and threw them into the locker, watching Namjoon’s back as he walked away.

How long was he going to be angry at me anyway?

“Oh wells…I’ll feel better after I see Noona..”

I smiled, thinking about what happened yesterday.

I stood outside the gate of Minhee’s school as I watched the students pour out of the school building looking for Minhee.

It was weird because there were so many girls but all I was interested in was Minhee.

I was looking through the crowd when suddenly I spotted someone familiar.

It was a boy and he was standing at the opposite end of the gate from me, he looked like he was waiting for someone too.

I looked at his face and realized it was that guy from yesterday the one Minhee introduced to me at the sushi bar…Jin.

“What was HE doing here?” I thought as I walked over to him.

“Jeogiyo….Jin ssi?” I said, walking up to him.

Jin slowly turned his head to look at me.

“Oh! Minhee’s Dongsaeng!” He smiled, recognizing me.

“What are you doing here?” I questioned, looking at the crest on his school uniform to see what school he came from.

He looked stylish with his shirt neatly tucked into his pants and his schoolbag was those Japanese schoolbag kind that he slung over his shoulder.

“Oh, I came to pick Minhee up so we could go to work together.” He said.

“Are you waiting for your Noona too? Actually, she’ll be safe with me..you don’t have to worry.” He smiled, adjusting his hair.

“Jin ssi…actually…I’m not…” I was about to tell him I wasn’t Minhee’s blood related dongsaeng but Minhee had already arrived.

“Oh! Yoongi ah….Jin ssi…” She said, widening her eyes and looking at the both of us.

“Noona..”

“Minhee ssi.” Jin smiled at her.

“Jin ssi, how come you’re here?” Minhee asked, with a curious look on her face.

“Oh, I wanted to message you but I realized I didn’t get your number…” He said, pulling out his phone.

“I was thinking maybe we could go to work together.”

“Oh, you surprised me!” Minhee exclaimed.

Jin smiled as he handed Minhee his phone.

“So can I have your number?” He asked.

“Sure!” Minhee replied as they exchanged numbers.

I rolled my eyes as I watched them. It was happening again!! I was being treated like I was invisible yet again….

“Ahem!!” I pretended to clear my throat to let them know I was still here.

The both of them looked towards me.

“Yoongi ah, I think you can go now….Jin and I can walk to work together. I’ll call you after work oh?” Minhee said.

“Ouch!”

Did Noona just ask me to leave? Was she chasing me away now?

“Yeah…Yoongi ah, you can leave your Noona to me.” Jin winked.

I rolled my eyes as I looked away from Jin towards Minhee, giving her a look to remind her that she promised me to tell Jin that I wasn’t her younger brother today.

Minhee gave me a firm nod.

I sighed as I watched the two of them leave, whatever had happened yesterday had just all crashed into pieces right in front of me.

I didn’t want to go home so I decided to go to the recording room and maybe write some rap so I proceeded back to the school building.

I was walking through the assembly area when suddenly I spotted a few guys arguing at the corner behind the flagpole.

I turned my head to get a good look and realized there were a group of three guys arguing with Namjoon.

I stopped in my tracks as I watched them, I could hear their voices getting louder and louder but I couldn’t really hear what they were saying.

After what seemed like a heated argument, they then proceeded behind the school building and out of my sight.

My instincts told me that Namjoon was in trouble so I jogged across the assembly area and hurried to the back of the school building where I saw them disappear to.

I hid behind the wall and peeked out to see what they were doing and I realized that they were fighting.

The three guys were all lunging themselves at Namjoon and he was trying to fight them off. But he was getting beaten up pretty badly.

I had to help Namjoon so I threw my school bag aside and jumped out of my hiding place and into the fight.

I grabbed one of the guys who was hitting Namjoon from behind and locked his neck in an armlock.

He struggled as I threw him on the wall and kicked him in the stomach.

Namjoon and I made eye contact for a moment and he looked shock that I was here, then he gave me a nod and turned back to fighting off the other two guys.

One of them charged at my stomach sending me flying a few feet back onto the ground.

I started to cough as I grabbed my stomach, that blow had taken all the wind out of me.

He was charging at me again and I quickly stood up and punched him in the face but another guy grabbed me from behind and shoved me to the ground and then showering me with kicks and punched while I protected my head with my arms.

“What's going on here!?” I heard someone shout as the kicking stopped and I slowly lowered my arms from my face.

It was the headmaster and he was standing a few feet away with his hands on his hips and a face full of fury.

I quickly scrambled up on my feet and stood in attention along with the other boys as the headmaster stared at us one by one.

“What do you think you’re doing!? Fighting in school grounds!?” He demanded, putting his face close to mine and staring at me.

I blinked my eyes as I quickly looked down at the floor.

None of us wanted to say anything.

“All of you! In my office now!” He said, turning and walking off.

I stared at the three guys as they stared back at me and shuffled after the headmaster. Then I turned and looked at Namjoon who was standing beside me.

“Joon ah, what happened?” I asked as we started walking.

“You know, I didn’t need your help…you butting in didn’t make things any better.” Namjoon mumbled as he started to walk ahead of me.

I sighed as I touched the center of my nose with my fingers, the skin had split and I was bleeding. I was bleeding because I wanted to help Namjoon and not only did I not get any thanks…he said I wasn’t helping too.

Namjoon and I stood in front of the headmaster’s table as he sat back in his chair and stared at us.

“So, which one of you is going to tell me what happened?” He asked.

I looked at Namjoon through the side of my eyes but it didn’t look like he was going to say anything.

“Kim Namjoon…this isn’t your first time breaking the rules…I hear from the teachers that you’re always dozing off in class and don't do your homework. All your grades are falling too except for English!”

“You know I can expel you anytime I want….you being involved in a fight in school doesn’t help anything either.” The headmaster finished, placing a piece of paper with Namjoon’s grades on it on the table.

“If you refuse to say anything I’ll take it that you are okay with getting expelled from the school?” The headmaster said, weaving his fingers together and placing his elbows on the table in front of him.

“Kim Namjoon!” The headmaster bellowed.

This was it…I had to do something before Namjoon got expelled from school.

“It was me sir!” I shouted, taking a step forward.

Both Namjoon and the headmaster’s eyes fell on me.

“It was me! I was the one who had a disagreement with the other students and started the fight. Namjoon was just trying to help me.” I lied.

Namjoon looked towards me with his eyes wide open as I looked at him through the side of my eye and gave him a discreet nod.

“Min Yoongi gun….so are you saying you’re the one that started the fight?” The headmaster asked, also shocked.

“Yes sir!” I replied.

“What made you do this? You have always been a good student Yoongi gun.” The headmaster said.

“I’m disappointed in you.”

“Sir! I’m sorry…we got into a heated argument and I lost my mind for a moment. It won’t happen again sir!” I continued.

The headmaster sighed as he leaned back in his armchair again.

“Since this is your first offence, I’ll let you off with a warning Yoongi gun. But you’ll have to do corrective work as punishment…you’ll have to clean the toilets everyday after school for 5 weeks.”

“Fighting in school is a very serious offence…so the next time it happens there it won’t just be washing the toilets. Do you hear me!?” The headmaster demanded.

“Yes Sir!” Namjoon and I replied together.

We looked at each other and I gave him a smile as we left the headmaster’s office.

“Hyung…why’d you do that?” Namjoon asked as we walked out the school together.

“Your record is clean, now there’ll be a mark there saying that you fought….you didn’t have to do that for me.”

I smiled at him.

“Then what did you want me to do? Let my friend get expelled from school?”

“Hey, washing the toilets is much better than you getting expelled from school. If you want to thank me just make sure you clean the toilets properly so I won’t have to clean so much.” I said, patting Namjoon on his shoulder.

“Of course Hyung! You just sit back and relax, I’ll clean the toilets.” Namjoon grinned.

I smiled back at him, I was glad we were finally friends again.

“Hyung, are you hungry? Why don’t we go to the snack stall and get something to eat?” Namjoon suggest.

“All right!! I was just craving dduk bukki!” I nodded as we walked off together.

 

Minhee’s pov:

“You really surprised me! I didn’t think you’d come all the way to my school.” I said as Jin and I walked down the sidewalk.

“Well…I thought we could go together since we work at the same place…plus I kind of enjoy your company, it doesn’t hurt to make a new friend does it?” Jin smiled.

I smiled back at him shyly.

“Sorry about yesterday…we couldn’t talk more since Yoongi was around. But I couldn’t just leave him alone, he’s really important to me.” I told Jin.

“It’s good that you and your dongsaeng have a good relationship.” Jin replied.

“I wish I had a little sister I could talk to sometimes as well.” He sighed.

I bit my lip as Yoongi’s expression just now flashed in my head.

I had promised him I was going to tell Jin he wasn’t my real dongsaeng…this was my chance to do it.

“Jin ssi…” I started, looking at him nervously.

“What is it?” He asked, raising his eyebrows at me.

“Actually…the truth is…Yoongi isn’t my real dongsaeng…” I told him, scanning his face for a reaction.

“What do you mean?” Jin asked with a curious look on his face.

“He’s my friend actually….I’ve known him since we were kids so he’s like a dongsaeng to me…that’s why I said that yesterday.” I explained.

“Ahhh…” Jin replied as he nodded thoughtfully.

“No wonder he looked a little pissed just now.” He said.

“Hmmm?” I questioned, wondering what Jin was talking about.

“I guess…the both of you aren’t dating or anything?” He asked.

“Ooh…aniyo! He’s just a really good friend of mine….” I explained.

“Well, then I have nothing to worry about.” Jin grinned.

I blushed a little as he said that, it was still too early for me to be dating again but something made me want to know more about Jin.

He had that mysterious aura around him and he was cute.

“Minhee ssi, what do you say we have dinner tonight again? A proper one…without your friend…this time..I’ll choose the place!” He suggested.

“I would love to!” I smiled.

“Are you sure you didn’t make any plans that you forgot again?” Jin teased.

“Don’t worry…this time I didn’t.” I chuckled as the both of us walked into the restaurant.

 

Suga’s pov:

Namjoon and I went to the snack stall that we went to with Minhee the other time.

We sat down at the same place we sat at the other time and ordered our food, I looked across and spotted oour Polaroid hanging on the board opposite.

I smiled as I stared at the Polaroid, Minhee was right…it was a nice picture.

“Hyung, you didn’t send Minhee to work today?” Namjoon asked, calling me out of my thoughts.

“I wanted to….but another guy beat me to it.” I frowned, thinking of Jin and how Noona ditched me.

“Another guy!?” Namjoon exclaimed, raising his eyebrows at me.

“You mean the two of you aren't together?” He said.

“No…Joon ah! I already told you…there wasn’t anything going on between us. You just didn’t believe me.” I said, rolling my eyes at him.

“Sorry Hyung..” Namjoon smiled.

“I know I was an for suspecting you…I should have known you wouldn’t betray me.” Namjoon grinned, putting his arm around my shoulder.

“Oh…NOW…you realize.” I said sarcastically, taking a sip of my cider.

Namjoon laughed as the food came and we started eating.

“So…this guy….who is he?” Namjoon asked, looking up from his food.

“Someone Minhee met at work, he just transferred over to the restaurant that she’s working at.” I explained.

“So you think he might be Minhee’s next boyfriend?”

“Well…Noona seems to like him….”

“I’ve seen him…he’s tall and handsome and he’s probably rich since he goes to HanGwang High School.” I mumbled.

“What!? HanGwang!? That schools only for children of chaebols! He’s loaded!!” Namjoon exclaimed.

“I don’t really like him though….he seems like the sort that has a lot of things to hide.”

“Hyung! Are you jealous!?” Namjoon grinned.

“No!” I said, eating my noodles.

“Anyway who says he’s going to be Minhee’s next boyfriend? They don’t even know each other well yet!”

Namjoon laughed.

“Don’t worry hyung, this time..I’m on your side. Whatever you need to get rid of that guy….just let me know.” He smirked.

I glanced at Namjoon as I turned back to my dduk bukki and continued eating.

I had to find out more about this Jin guy.

 

A/n: Thank you all for your lovely comments!! I appreciate each and everyone of them kekeke ^^ Judging from the response I think I'll add another female OC in my fic!! But she'll appear later...so wait for it!

Also, I've updated the foreword! Jimin, J-Hope, Jungkook and V's profiles have now been added! I also edited Jin's profile a little....you can take a look!

P.S. Who's excited to see what secrets Jin has? Keep Reading! ♥