Bursting My Bubble

Noona, I think I love you

“Yoongi let me listen to his latest song, your voice is really cool…” I heard Minhee say as I hurried up beside her.

“Jjinja!? You think so?” Namjoon exclaimed excitedly.

“Mmm…I like how rough your voice sounds... it has that edgey-ness when you rap…it suited the song perfectly.” Minhee smiled.

“So…do you think it’s cooler than Yoongi hyung’s?” Namjoon grinned.

“Hmmmm…” Minhee said, turning to look at me.

“Well…Yoongi’s voice is different…his voice is unique…but your voice is cooler!” She said, smiling at Namjoon.

“Haha! Burn!” Namjoon laughed, pointing at me.

I gave him a death stare, I’m so gonna to deal with him later!

Minhee giggled as she grabbed my arm and pulled me closer.

“Yoongi ah…you’re not mad are you? Your voice is still my favorite.” She whispered and winked at me.

I melted as soon as she winked at me and told me those words.

“I know…” I grinned, giving her a big smile.

Soon, we reached the restaurant Minhee worked at. It was a high-class western restaurant that served steaks and wine and stuff chaebols ate.

“We’re here!” Minhee said cheerfully, turning around to face us.

“I’m lucky today to have two handsome young guys me to work like this.” She smiled at us.

“My pleasure!” Namjoon grinned.

Ughhhhh I so wanted to just punch him in the face right now. He was being such a cheeseball.

“Noona, I'll come pick you up after work all right?” I told Minhee.

“Me too!” Namjoon joined in.

“No! Not you! You’re not coming!” I said, shoving his shoulder.

“Why not!?” Namjoon insisted.

Minhee giggled at the two of us fighting.

“I’ll see you guys later..” She waved as she entered the restaurant.

The both of us waved and smiled at her as she entered the restaurant then as soon as the door closed behind her, I turned to Namjoon and grabbed his arm.

“You! Come here!” I said, pulling him to a corner.

“Wae!?” Namjoon protested, pushing my hands of his arm.

“What are you trying to do? Flirting with Minhee and all…are you trying to hook her up?” I asked.

“Hyung! What’s wrong with chatting up a girl…plus she’s pretty and cute…and most importantly she likes our rap music!”

“Both of us are of datable age anyway…I don’t see anything wrong.” Namjoon shrugged.

“Joon ah, you listen to me…don’t even think about dating her!” I warned, staring at him.

“Hyung! Waeee!?” Namjoon shouted, throwing his arms into the air.

“Wait…unless….”

“Hyung! Do you like her!?” Namjoon exclaimed.

“No! I just…she’s my best friend so…it’ll be..weird if you date her!” I blurted.

“Hyung! Come on, if you don’t like her then what’s the problem…don’t be selfish!” Namjoon said, pushing me.

I sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair.

I didn’t know what else to say, Joon was right….if I didn’t have the guts to confess to her and just want to remain friends…why I can’t I give someone else the chance then.

“So it’s settled then…” Namjoon said, putting his arm around my shoulder.

“I’m gonna chase her…”

Those words throbbed in my head so hard I thought I was going to have a headache.

“Hyung you’ll support me won’t you….the three of us can become inseparable…me as her boyfriend…and you as her best friend.”

“Just think of it hyung! It’s gonna be so cool!” Namjoon continued, raising his arm up.

I sighed as I grabbed his arm and pulled it off my shoulder.

“I have a headache…I’m going home…” I said, spinning my heels and walking off in the other direction.

“Hey wait! Hyung! I thought we’re supposed to complete the song today?” Namjoon asked, running after me.

“Tomorrow!” I mumbled, speeding up my footsteps.

I got home quickly and pulled open the door, Choco had already smelt me from far and was waiting behind the door for me.

“Arf arff arrf!!” Choco barked at me as I removed my shoes.

“Hey boy!” I smiled, patting him on his head.

His cuteness made me forget all about what was on my mind for a moment.

“Yoongi ah! You’re home!? Do you need some food?” My Mom called from the kitchen.

“Nah…I’m not hungry umma…” I replied, grabbing Choco and carrying him towards my room while he sloshed his wet tongue all over me.

After reaching the safety of my room, I put Choco onto the ground and then jumped onto my cozy bed face first.

“Arrrghhh!! I’m such a coward!!” I mumbled to myself, burying my face in my pillow.

“Min Yoongi! You’re a coward!” I said, rolling over on my back and pushing my fringe away from my face.

“Arff arff!!” I heard Choco bark as I turned to look down the side of my bed to see what he wanted.

He was sitting on the ground holding my notebook in his mouth and looking at me with his shiny puppy eyes.

I smiled as I grabbed the notebook from him and opened it up.

“Gomawo…” I told him as ruffled the fur on his head and then grabbed a pencil.

With all these feelings in my head right now….it was the best time to write some lyrics.

I grabbed Choco up from the ground and put him beside me on the bed, then I plugged my headphones into my iPod and started twirling my pencil around my index finger and middle finger and thinking of what to write.

 

Later, I woke up to Choco’s barking.

“Huh…” I mumbled to myself as I sat up in bed and rubbed my eyes.

I had probably fallen asleep while listening to music and writing the lyrics.

My eyes diverted to the clock and I realized it was already seven thirty….Minhee got off from her work at eight!

I quickly pulled off my headphones and hopped off the bed, grabbing my jeans from the chair and quickly pulling it on.

“Umma! I’m going out!” I shouted as I walked past the kitchen towards the front door.

“Oh…Yoongi ah…are you going to meet Minhee? Bring her back to our house for dinner..oh?” My Mom said.

“It’s okay umma…we'll go out to eat!” I told her as I bolted out the door.

I pushed up my sleeves as I glanced at my watch.

I had only 20 minutes left to get there!

“Bus!” I exclaimed as I saw the bus I was supposed to take pulling into the bus stop.

Quickly I took off running and managed to reach just as the door of the bus closed.

“Ahjusshi!!” I called, knocking on the bus door.

The bus screeched to a halt as the bus driver opened the doors for me.

“Sorry!” I mumbled as I bowed to the bus driver and hurried to get a seat.

Finally the bus reached the stop and I got off, running towards the direction of the restaurant.

I was about to go up the steps to the restaurant when I saw the door open and Minhee and Namjoon walked out of the restaurant together.

They were talking with each other happily and there were smiles on both their faces.

I blinked at the sight in front of me as my fingers automatically curled into a fist.

I don’t know why but something in my head just told me to walk away.

I sighed as I turned and walked away, being the coward that I was again.

Just as I was walking away, I heard Minhee call me.

“Oh! Yoongi ah!” Her voice rang in my ears.

My feet suddenly stopped walking like they were glued to the ground.

“Yoongi ah, is that you?” I heard her voice getting closer.

I took a deep breath as I plastered a smile on my face and turned around to face her.

“Oh..Noona!” I smiled.

“Hyung, you’re late!” Namjoon joined in, standing beside Minhee.

I stared at him.

“Yoongi ah…where were you going? Why were you walking away?” Minhee asked.

“Umm I…” I stuttered, not knowing what to say.

“Hyung just didn’t want to disrupt our conversation…right hyung?” Namjoon smiled, patting my shoulder.

I sighed, giving a resigned nod.

Minhee smiled as the three of us started walking.

“Noona, where do you want to have dinner?” I asked.

“Well…Namjoon ssi was just telling me of a snack stand which sells great samgyetang and deonjjang jigae! Why don’t we go there?” Minhee suggested.

“Yeah! We can also take a Polaroid and paste it on a wall there and write something.” Namjoon said excitedly.

“Yoongi ah, what do you say?” Minhee asked.

“Yeah….sure…” I said.

“Great! Let’s go then.” She said as the three of us proceeded to the snack stand.

We reached the place and took a seat at the counter and then ordered our food. Namjoon sat on Minhee’s left and I sat on her right.

Namjoon and Minhee were talking a lot, they seemed like they had a lot to talk about to each other and got along really well.

Was I jealous?

“So Minhee ssi….why don’t you tell me what Yoongi hyung was like when he was a kid?” Namjoon asked curiously.

I widened my eyes as Namjoon asked that question….Noona wasn’t going to say anything embarrassing was she?

“Yah! Don’t be such a busybody!” I hissed.

Minhee giggled.

“Well…I remember Yoongi was a really cute kid…chubby cheeks…small cute eyes…”

“and he’s really cute when he smiles…look! His smile is still cute even now!” Minhee grinned, touching my face and pulling my cheeks.

My eyes widened at her sudden movement as she and Namjoon started laughing.

“Noonaaa…” I complained, grabbing her hands and pulling it away from my face.

“Wae? It’s a compliment Yoongi ah!” She smiled, poking my nose with her finger.

“Hyung! I think you need to teach me some moves…I at being cute!” Namjoon said, stuffing some kimbap into his mouth.

“Namjoon ssi, I don’t think you need to be cute….you’ll probably suit being cool better…just like you are right now.” Minhee said, sipping her cider.

“Really? Shall I do a cool pose for you?” Namjoon joked, showing his cool gangsta poses to her.

Minhee laughed as I grabbed my cup of ice water and gulped it down.

“Do you guys wanna take a picture?” The shopkeeper asked, holding a polaroid camera in her hand.

“Yeah sure!” Minhee replied.

“You’ll have to go closer.” She said, pointing the camera at us.

I was staring sideways at Namjoon watching how close he was getting to Minhee when suddenly, she wrapped her arm around mine and pulled me closer to her.

I widened my eyes as I saw the camera flash in front of my eyes, blinding me temporarily.

“All right! Done!” The shopkeeper said, passing Minhee the Polaroid.

“It looks great!” Minhee smiled.

“Hyung! What’s with that face!” Namjoon said, pointing at my face in the picture.

The both of them started laughing as I looked at the picture. My face was like half shocked and half angry.

“Aish! Let's take another one!” I said, about to call the shopkeeper back when Minhee stopped me.

“Wait! Yoongi ah…I think it’s a nice picture. You look cute.” She said.

Cute…why was she always saying I was cute…

A guy should be handsome…or cool…

Not cute!

I watched as Minhee grabbed the marker and wrote on the bottom of the Polaroid.

“Nam Min Yoon” Which were the first words of our name, the she drew a heart at the back next to my name.

“Jja jjang!” She said, smiling at the picture and holding it up for us to see.

“Great! From now on the three of us will become good friends!” Namjoon said, holding up his glass.

“To friends!” He said.

“To friends…” Minhee and I said together as we clanked our glasses together.

I looked at our picture on the photo wall as I drank my glass of cider.

“Maybe having Namjoon join Minhee and I wouldn’t be so bad after all?” I thought.

“Well as long as he doesn’t become Minhee’s boyfriend!”

Then I choked on my cider.

“Yoongi ah! Are you okay?” Minhee asked, hitting my back lightly.

“I’m….cough cough….fine…cough..” I managed to say.

“Hyung! Be careful…” Namjoon said.

I covered my mouth as I looked up at Namjoon and all I could imagine after looking at him was him and Minhee holding hands…him and minhee…hugging….him and Minhee….KISSING!

I quickly shut my eyes as I took a deep breath.

“Shut up! Shut up!” I told my brain.

“Yoongi ah, are you sure you’re fine?” Minhee asked again, looking at me.

“Yeah…I…I need to go to the bathroom..” I stuttered, getting up from my seat and walking to the back of the stall.

Namjoon and Minhee better not become a couple….or else…

I’ll never be able to live my life the same away again!!!