Coming To Terms

Noona, I think I love you

So Namjoon was openly chasing Minhee now, it had been a few days already and I had decided to confront Minhee about it. At least, as her best friend I wanted to know how she felt about Namjoon.

Minhee was over at my house for breakfast and we had just finished and were getting ready to leave for school.

Choco was being a dog and kept running around Minhee and barking for attention, he liked her…he always went totally crazy whenever Minhee was around.

Well he was probably just because there wasn’t any female in my house other than my Mom..who always scolded him and told him he wouldn’t get fed. So of course he liked Minhee.

“Awww aren’t you a cute little boyyy..” Minhee grinned as she bent down and gave Choco a rub on his tummy.

“Arf! Arf!!” Choco barked happily as he lay on his back with his tongue out.

“He’s so cute isn’t he?” Minhee giggled, looking up at me.

I smiled at her.

“Noona, you better not pamper him too much or he won’t listen to me anymore.” I said.

“Choco up!” I said, clapping my hands together.

“Arf!” Choco barked as he immediately jumped up from the ground and sat at attention.

“Good boy!” I said, throwing a doggie treat at him and he jumped up and caught it.

“That’s my Choco!” I said, kneeling down and patting him on his head.

“Choco is a clever boy!” Minhee joined in too, rubbing his back.

“The two of you better leave now…you’re gonna be late.” My Mom reminded, popping her head out from the kitchen.

“Yeah umma…we’re going..” I said, getting up from the ground.

“Thanks for breakfast ahjumma!” Minhee bowed as we walked towards the door.

“Minhee ah, you can come by anytime you want…our house is always welcome for you.” My Mom said, she pitied Minhee for losing her family at such a young age and she was good friends with Minhee’s Mom too.

That’s why she treated Minhee like family.

“I will!” Minhee smiled as we left the house.

It was pretty quiet as we left the apartment building and walked towards the bus stop. I was thinking hard about what to say to Minhee.

“Noona..” I started, as we stood at the bus stop waiting for the bus.

“Hmmm?” Minhee raised her eyebrows, looking towards me.

“What is it Yoongi ah?”

“Well…it’s…it’s about Joon…” I replied, reading her face for an expression.

“Namjoon ssi?”

“Yeah you know how he’s chasing after you and all right now I was just wondering what you think about him…” I asked, blinking my eyes.

It was kind of a habit when I was nervous.

“Welll….” Minhee started.

“He’s nice and he treats me well…and we get along well, it’s like we can connect and he’s funny too so I don’t have to be afraid about it getting awkward when we’re together..”

“I think there might be some sparks too…what do you think Yoongi ah? Do you think he’ll make a good boyfriend?” Minhee asked.

“Noona….if you like him…and you feel that the two of you can get along well…I’m okay with the two of you being a couple…”

“But…”

“But what?” Minhee raised her eyebrows.

“But I know Namjoon and…from my point of view I don’t really think he’ll make a good boyfriend…he’s young…and reckless…sometimes he doesn’t think before he does things…”

“Noona, I’m just afraid you might get hurt….I don’t want you to get hurt…” I said, looking into her eyes.

“Yoongi ah…I haven’t been in a relationship before..I’ve always been too busy for that…but now I feel like I’m ready to try something new.”

“So if there’s someone out there who can make me happy and take care of me…and look out for me..I’m willing to give it a try..”

“Yoongi ah, you’ll support me won’t you? And besides…I know that if I have any problems..you’ll be there for me won't you?” Minhee smiled, wrapping her arm around mine.

“Of course I will Noona…” I said, returning her smile.

But deep inside I wasn’t feeling good at all, was I really ready for this? Was I really ready to watch Namjoon date Minhee?

Suddenly, there was this loud ringing sound of a bike and Minhee and I raised our heads to the sound.

“Minhee ssi” I looked up to see Namjoon on his bicycle, waving at Minhee.

He had stopped in front of the bus stop.

“Namjoon ssi! How come you’re here?” Minhee replied, immediately letting go of my arm.

“Surprise!” Namjoon grinned.

“Come on..get on my bike! I’ll give you a ride to school!” He offered.

“I’ve never rode on the backseat of a bike before.” Minhee said, standing up from the seat and walking over to Namjoon.

“Really? Then let me have the pleasure of taking you on your first ride.” Namjoon smiled.

“Hold tight!” Namjoon said as Minhee got on the bike and wrapped her arms around his stomach.

“Wait, what about Yoongi?” Minhee asked, looking towards me.

“Sorry Hyung! You’ll have to take the bus…my bike only has space for two..” Namjoon smirked as he pedaled away.

“See you at school!” He shouted.

I sighed as I watched the two of them get smaller and smaller, then I turned away and boarded the bus.

I kept telling myself I was going to accept it and not get in their way if Minhee really liked Namjoon…but why was my heart feeling this way?

I just wanted this stupid feeling to go away!

 

School passed on by normally and soon it was time for lunch. Minhee said the head prefect was on guard duty at the low wall so we couldn’t sneak over for lunch.

Namjoon and I was sitting at the cafeteria having our food.

“Yah…Hyung! Why didn’t you tell me about that secret passage! All the things we could have doneee…..” Namjoon said, referring to the passage that I used to sneak over to have lunch with Minhee.

“Joon ah…” I said, diverting the topic.

I wanted to talk about more serious stuff.

“What is it Hyung?” He asked, eating a spoonful of rice.

“Are you really serious about dating Minhee?”

“Hyung! Of course, I’ve never been more serious in my life!” Namjoon replied.

“All right then…but remember….if you EVER do anything to hurt Minhee…I swear on my life..I will never let you off!”

“Do you understand?” I warned, staring at Namjoon.

“Hyung…don’t worry..I’ll take good care of her..” Namjoon smiled, patting my shoulder.

All that’s left now…was to trust Joon….

 

After school, Joon and I were in the recording room recording the rest of our song.

I was messing around with the computer and editing some parts of the song so it would sound better.

“Joon ah, I think we need to record this part again…your voice doesn’t sound clear enough..” I told him, pointing at the screen.

“All right…but hyung…can I ask you something?” Namjoon changed the topic.

“What is it?” I asked.

“You’ve known Minhee Noona since you guys were kids right…so you must know what she likes and everything…can you tell me please?” Namjoon pleaded.

“You should find that out for yourself shouldn’t you?” I said, crossing my arms in front of me.

“Come on Hyung! Give me some hints!” Namjoon insisted, grabbing my shoulders.

“All righttt…” I sighed.

Namjoon quickly sat down on the chair and grabbed a notebook and pen, waiting for me to speak.

This was the first time I’ve ever seen him looking so studious.

“Noona’s favorite drink is Cider…however, she only drinks the DIET cider.”

“If you guys go to a café, her favorite drink is caramel latte with no whipped cream..not even a little…if there’s even a tiny trace of whipped cream in her drink she won’t drink it.”

“She leaves school at 230pm and leaves work at 8pm…always send her to work and send her back home…never be late.”

“She loves spicy food…the spicier..the better. She hates flowers because they die easily so never give her flowers..”

“If you ever want to get her a gift…she likes cute things like stuffed animals…and also cute accessories..”

“Lastly…she’s allergic to seafood, so make sure she doesn’t eat any. Also…she hates cucumbers…so none of that as well…That should be all…” I finished, watching Namjoon scribbling furiously on his notebook.

“Hyung, how bout hobbies? What does she like to do?” Namjoon asked, looking up from his notebook.

“Well…she likes ice skating…” I told him.

“Great! Thanks Hyung! You’re the best!” Namjoon said, closing his notebook and stuffing it into his bag.

“Looks like it’s time to send Minhee Noona to work…” Namjoon said, grabbing his bag.

“Hyung, you’re not coming?” He asked, looking at me.

“Nah…you go ahead…I’ll stay here and finish up the rest of the song..” I told him, turning back to face the computer.

I didn’t wanna be the third wheel again.

“All right! I’ll come back after sending Minhee to work.” Namjoon said as he left the room.

I sighed as I shook my head and hit my cheeks with my hands.

“Time to get back to work..” I mumbled to myself.

Immersing myself in my music would probably take my mind off things for a while.

 

Rap Monster pov:

I was reading what I wrote just now in my notebook as I walked towards bicycle park to get my bike.

This was probably the first time I was so serious about something. But I really liked Minhee….she was totally my ideal type. Wavy long hair, pretty, with a sweet and cute personality.

But most importantly, she liked rap music.

I couldn’t believe Yoongi Hyung was keeping such a treasure with him all this while and not sharing it with me.

“Minhee ssi!” I called as I ran over to her.

“Namjoon ssi…” She replied, then she looked around to see if anyone was behind me.

“Where’s Yoongi?” She asked.

“Oh…Hyung’s in the recording room..” I replied.

“He’s not coming?” Minhee sounded surprised.

“Minhee ssi! From now onwards….I’ll be the one sending you to work and picking you up!” I smiled.

Minhee smiled at me as she got on behind my bike and I rode off towards the restaurant.

When we reached, I realized that she had fallen asleep with her head lying on my back.

“Minhee ssi..we’re here..” I whispered, nudging her a little.

“Hmmm??” She mumbled, lifting her head slowly and rubbing her eyes.

“Ahhh..I can’t believe I fell asleep..” She said, getting up from my bike.

“You must be tired…studying and working part time at the same time..”

“I’m fine..” Minhee smiled.

Suddenly, I thought of something that might cheer her up.

“Wait here.” I told her as I rushed to the café nearby.

I ordered a caramel latte with no whipped cream and rushed back to where Minhee was.

“Here, this will probably cheer you up and give you more energy.” I smiled, handing her the cup.

Minhee raised her eyebrows as she took the cup from me.

“It’s Caramel Latte with no whipped cream….how did you know what I liked to drink?” She asked curiously.

“It was just a lucky guess…” I grinned, scratching my head.

A smile spread across Minhee’s face as she looked at me.

“Gomawo…” She thanked me as she drank from the cup.

“Ahhh…I feel better already..” She said, giving a satisfied sigh.

“You better go in before you’re late…I’ll come pick you up after work! We’ll have dinner together!” I waved as she went up the steps to the restaurant.

“See you!” Minhee smiled, entering the restaurant.

 

Suga’s Pov:

I sighed as I pulled the headphones off my ears and leaned back against the chair.

After constantly telling myself to accept it….and after finally thinking that I’ve come to terms with it….I still just couldn’t help but let my mind wander.

“What were the two of them doing now?”