Ten Million Won

Noona, I think I love you

Minhee’s pov:

The ringing sound of my doorbell throbbed in my head as I tried to pry open my eyes.

I was sleeping so comfortably I didn’t want to wake up, the sound of the doorbell grew louder and the person was starting to knock on the door as well.

I frowned as I forced open my eyes, the first thing I saw in front of me was Yoongi. He was lying beside me on the floor and we were facing each other, it took me a few seconds to realize I had my arm around him and was hugging him while I was asleep.

“Minhee ssi! Are you inside?? It’s me….Jin.” The voice from outside the door sounded.

My eyes widened as I realized that Jin was at the door and here I was sleeping on the floor of my living room with Yoongi.

“Minhee ssi??!” The knocking got louder.

“Uhhhh…Cccoming!!” I shouted as I sat up from the ground, looking around my house for a place to hide Yoongi.

I hadn’t slept together with Yoongi since 10 years old…..

This wasn’t right…

Plus I had a boyfriend now….and he was currently outside my door.

“Yoongi ah!! Wake up!!” I hissed, shaking him.

He had always been like this, a heavy sleeper. I bet he wouldn’t wake up even if an earthquake hit Seoul.

“Yoongi ah!! Ppali!!!” I continued, shaking him harder this time.

Yoongi furrowed his brow as he slowly opened his eyes.

“What…what’s wrong??” He mumbled sleepishly.

“Wake up!! Jin’s outside!!” I hissed.

“What? Jin?” Yoongi asked, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

“Yeah…Come on, hide in my room first!” I said, getting up and grabbing his hand.

“Noonaa..” Yoongi mumbled as I dragged him to my room and pushed him inside.

“Stay in here till I tell you to come out okay?” I told him, closing the door behind me.

I took a deep breath as I adjusted my hair and walked towards the door.

“Why was Jin here so early anyway?”

“Jin ssi..” I greeted, giving him a small smile.

“Minhee ssi.” Jin replied, widening his eyes at me.

“Why did you take so long to answer the door?”

“Is your leg injured?”

“How did you get injured?”

Jin bombarded me with questions as I led him towards the couch to sit down.

“I just woke up.” I replied him, placing a glass of orange juice on the table in front of him.

“The gangsters were below your apartment yesterday….if Yoongi wasn’t there I don’t know what would have happened to me.” I explained.

“Mian…I shouldn’t have left you alone.” Jin apologized, sighing.

“How’s your leg? Do you need me to bring you to the hospital?” He asked.

I could tell he didn’t really know how to show concern for me in a situation like this.

“It’s fine…Yoongi massaged it and bandaged my foot yesterday, it’s much better now.” I smiled.

“I’m glad to see you’re fine…I was so worried the whole of last night…why didn’t you answer any of my calls or messages?” Jin asked, knitting his brow.

I was about to reply when there was the sound of something falling onto the floor coming from my bedroom.

I gulped as Jin and I turned to look in the direction of my room.

“What’s that? Is someone else here?” Jin asked curiously.

“Aaaaniyo! It’s probably just the wind.” I stuttered, hoping he wouldn’t ask anymore.

“What was Yoongi doing making so much noise in there anyway?”

Jin nodded as he looked back at me.

“Why didn’t you answer any of my calls or messages?” He asked again.

“I was tired..” I replied.

“All right…why don’t you get changed and we can walk to school together?” Jin suggested.

“Jin ssi, why don’t you wait downstairs? I’ll get changed and meet you downstairs.” I said, bringing him to the front door.

“I can just wait here.” Jin said.

“Wait downstairs okay? I’ll be quick.” I told him.

If he stayed here Yoongi wouldn’t be able to leave my house.

Jin nodded as he left my house and I peeped through the peephole to make sure he had left before going to get Yoongi.

“He’s gone.” I said, opening the door and popping my head into the room.

Yoongi nodded as he came out of the room.

“What were you doing in there?? I heard the crash.” I asked.

“Mian…I accidentally knocked your bookshelf and some of the books fell off..” Yoongi grinned.

“Yoongi ah…hurry…you should get back home…if Jin finds out you stayed here overnight there’s probably going to be a misunderstanding.” I told him, pushing him towards the door.

“Arasso Noona…” Yoongi mumbled.

“Go get changed for school…I’ll be downstairs..we’ll walk together oh?” I told him.

Yoongi nodded as he put on his shoes.

I opened the door and the both of us stepped out, Yoongi took a step forward to walk towards his house when suddenly Jin stepped out from behind the wall and stood in front of us.

Yoongi and I widened our eyes as he stood there with a grim look on his face. Something told me it wasn’t going to be easy to get out of this situation.

“Jin ssi…” I mumbled, staring at him.

Yoongi said nothing as Jin stepped forward.

“I knew there was something going on between the both of you.” Jin said coldly.

“Jin ssi! It’s not what you think…it was late and I was afraid after the gangsters attacked me so I asked Yoongi to stay.” I tried to explain.

“If you were scared you could have asked me to come over….I’m you boyfriend…how do you think I would feel if another guy spent the night at your house?” Jin frowned.

“You were the one that left me alone….I Was angry at you for that…so I didn’t want to see you. Do you understand?” I said, getting a little irritated.

Jin sighed as he looked towards Yoongi who was speechless this whole time.

“I just knew it wasn’t just as simple as best friends between the both of you.” He said.

“Don’t change the subject!” I retorted, raising my voice now.

“Why are you making it seem like its my fault now? It’s clearly your fault.” He said calmly.

“Yoongi ah…why don’t you go home first..I’ll call you later.” I said, grabbing Yoongi’s arm.

Yoongi nodded as he went into his apartment quietly.

“We need to talk…lets go downstairs.” I told Jin.

Jin nodded as we entered the lift and the doors closed in front of us.

 

Suga’s pov:

I leaned against the door and took a deep breath, trying to fathom what had just happened just now.

Jin had just caught me coming out from his girlfriend’s place after spending the night.

Well technically we didn’t do anything but how infuriating it must seem from the point of view of her boyfriend. Plus I was the one who dragged him out of Minhee’s house the other time when he wanted to stay over.

“Ughhh…” I mumbled, running my finger through my hair.

“Yoongi ah, where have you been all night? Did you just get back?” My Mom demanded, seeing me standing in front of the door.

“Ummm…I was writing songs at Namjoon’s place. It got late so I crashed there.” I lied.

My Mom nodded without suspicion as she went into the kitchen.

“Go get changed or you’ll be late for school.” She said.

I nodded as I dragged my feet to my room to get changed.

Hopefully Jin wouldn’t take it so hard….I didn’t like him but Minhee did and I didn’t want her to be unhappy because they quarreled because of me.

I grabbed my uniform from my closet and was about to change when suddenly flashbacks from last night appeared it my head and I realized Minhee had hugged me to sleep last night….

My cheeks started to get hot as I quickly shook the fuzzy flashbacks from my head.

“I should have just gone home last night.”

I quickly finished changing and left my house.

I was walking across the basketball court when I spotted Minhee sitting alone on the bench, Jin was nowhere in sight.

“Noona..” I called, as I jogged over to her.

She had her head down and her hair was covering her face so I couldn’t really see if she was crying or not.

“Noona..” I called again, stopping in front of her.

Minhee lifted her head to look at me, she wasn’t crying but she looked upset.

“Yoongi ah..”

“Noona, are you okay? Where’s Jin?” I asked, looking around.

“He left…” She sighed.

“What? What do you mean he left?”

“We quarreled…well not really…before we could even start quarreling Jin just said he didn’t want to do this and left…”

“He said we both needed some time alone.” Minhee explained.

“And I JUST told him not to leave Minhee alone last night…here he is doing it again almost immediately.”

“Sorry.” I apologized, not really knowing what to say.

“Yoongi ah, why are you apologizing? It isn’t your fault.” Minhee said, smiling at me.

“Just…well…he’s angry at you because I stayed over at your place..if I would have just went home none of this would have happened and you wouldn’t be sad now.” I said.

“Yoongi ah…even if I could turn back time to last night…I would have still asked you to stay.” Minhee smiled at me.

I smiled back at her as she stood up from the bench.

“Let’s go to school.” She said.

I nodded as I propped my elbow out for her to hold on for support.

Minhee smiled as she grabbed my arm and we started walking.

“How’s your foot? Is it better?” I asked.

“Mmmmm..” Minhee nodded.

“At least I can walk now.” She grinned.

“Noona…we need to think of a way to get rid of those gangsters…I’m afraid they might bother you again.” I mentioned as we started walking.

“It isn’t safe.”

“I knowww…but it’s ten million won…you know Jin doesn’t have any money…neither do I.” Minhee said, heaving a sigh.

Just then, the rap competition Namjoon told me about flashed in my mind.

The prize money was exactly 10 million won.

“Well….there might be a way to get that money.” I said.

“Really? How??” Minhee asked curiously, raising her eyebrows at me.

“I’ll tell you at lunch.” I smiled at her as we approached the school.

“Noona, be careful with your leg.” I reminded her as I turned to walk towards my school.

“Oh! See you later Yoongi ah!” Minhee waved.

“Well…someone’s happy today.” Namjoon said as he saw me grinning to myself.

I quickly wiped the grin away from my face as Namjoon appeared beside me.

“So hyung, are you and Minhee Noona finally together?” He smirked.

“No…” I mumbled.

“Noona just had a quarrel with Jin that’s all.” I explained.

“Awww..that’s too bad then…I thought you finally told her you liked her.” Namjoon said.

“Will you stop?” I retorted as we walked inside the school together.

 

A few minutes before lunch, Namjoon and I rushed out of our classroom to the computer lab to check if the mixtapes we sent in for the competition got through to the next round.

I scanned the computer screen intensely as Namjoon tapped away at the keyboard, checking his email.

“There that one!” I exclaimed, poking my finger into the computer screen.

The title of the email said.

“Results for Noise Basement Rap Competition [Selection Round]”

Namjoon quickly clicked the email and the both of us stared hard at the screen waiting for the email to load.

“Dear Participant,

If you see your names stated in the list below we would like to invite you to enter the next round of the competition. Please reply this email with your full name and ID card number and we will email you back for the details of the next round, which will be held, at our club.

Yours Sincerely,

The Management (Club NB)”

Namjoon read the email.

“Hurry! Scroll down…” I hurried Namjoon, nudging his arm.

“All right all right..” Namjoon replied as he rolled the scroll button.

“K..k…k..k…” Namjoon mumbled, looking through all the last names starting with K for his name.

“Kim Kwanghee…Kim Minho…Kim Dongho..Kim Namjoon!!”

“Kim Namjoon!!! I’m in!!” Namjoon exclaimed excitedly, pointing at the screen.

“How about me??” I asked, grabbing the mouse and scrolling to the Ms.

“Min Yoongi…”

“Hyung!! You’re in too!” Namjoon exclaimed.

“Daebak!!” I said, as the both of us looked at each other with utter delight on our faces.

We fist bumped each other as we celebrated the moment of us passing round one of the rap competition.

Now I was getting closer to that ten million won!