Confused

Noona, I think I love you

Song: Waterfalls - Rap Monster & Jungkook

 

I ran the tap and stared at my chocolate smeared face in the mirror, what was this feeling anyway?

Did I like her?

Maybe it was because she was so direct in expressing her interest in me I just didn’t know how to react.

I closed my eyes as I splashed the cold water against my face, slowly washing the cream off my face.

Now that someone like Taeyoung appeared in my life, was my normal and uninteresting life going to change?

I dabbed my face with the face towel and took a last look at myself in the mirror, then I walked out of the bathroom with the towel hanging around my neck.

I stopped at the door of Namjoon’s room, Namjoon and Taehyung were playing Dance Central 3 on the xbox kinect and Taeyoung was sitting down on the floor watching them.

“Wah..wah..wah…Oppa! Namjoon Oppa is killing your score!” Taeyoung exclaimed.

“Yah! Will you stop making so much noise so I can concentrate!” Taehyung retorted, making a face at his sister.

Taeyoung stuck out her tongue at her brother.

Namjoon just laughed as he continued his streak; and this was hardcore mode.

“Choose a harder song..” I mumbled as I sat down on the floor next to Taeyoung.

“Oh, Yoongi Oppa…” She smiled at me.

I smiled back at her as we made eye contact, I was still kind of at a loss for words after what she did with the cake just now.

We watched Namjoon and Taehyung play a while, then later Taeyoung suggested that we go out for a walk.

“Yoongi Oppa, do you want to go for a walk?” Taeyoung asked.

“Do you want to buy anything?” I asked.

“Hmmmm…well…Namjoon Oppa and Oppa are busy playing anyway…why don’t we go out and get some fresh air?” Taeyoung grinned.

“Ummmm…I guess we can buy back dinner on the way back too.” I said, trying to reason with myself as to why Taeyoung suddenly wanted to go for a walk.

“Sounds good.” Taeyoung replied.

“Joon ah, Taehyung ah….what do you guys wanna have for dinner?” I asked, standing up from the ground.

“Are you going out?” Namjoon asked.

“Oh! Yoongi Oppa and I are going for a walk!” Taeyoung giggled, wrapping her arm around mine.

“Pizza and Fried Chicken!” Taehyung shouted over the sound of Gangnam Style playing on the Tv.

“Yeah…get the one with the stuffed crust! Oh and more cheese!” Namjoon added, moving around awkwardly towards the music.

“All right.” I replied as Taeyoung and I walked towards the door.

It was quiet as Taeyoung and I walked down the sidewalk. It was weird that I was having a date with someone other than Minhee….I guess I always thought of her as my “girlfriend” even though we weren’t a couple.

It just felt weird that there was someone else to take over her place right now.

I wasn’t really watching where I was going and so I walked right into a construction site.

“Oppa…be careful, there’s construction going on over there…” Taeyoung warned.

“It’s all right…” I turned my head around to tell her when suddenly at that moment some water fell from the sky and splashed all over me.

I closed my eyes and opened my mouth in shock as the water soaked my clothes and my body.

“Hey, watch where you’re going…don’t come to near!” The construction worker from above shouted down at me.

He had intended to dump the murky water away but it ended up being dumped onto my head.

“Omo! Yoongi Oppa! Are you okay?” Taeyoung exclaimed, running over to me.

She grabbed a handkerchief from her bag and started wiping the water off my face with it.

All I could do was stare into her eyes as she dabbed my face with the handkerchief.

“Look, your hair is all wet.” Taeyoung giggled.

Just then without warning, more water fell from above our heads.

“AAaahhhhh!!” Taeyoung screamed as she dropped her handkerchief and wrapped her arms around my waist as the water hit us on our heads.

At that moment, my instinct just told me that I should protect her so I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and pulled her close to me.

I blinked my eyes as Taeyoung slowly lifted her head from my chest.

She looked up at me and our eyes met, I could feel the electricity run through my body as my heart started to beat faster again.

Why was this happening!?

I will still in my trance when suddenly someone walked towards us and pulled Taeyoung away from me.

My eyes widened as I felt her arms being pried away from my waist, then I turned to see who was the one who did that.

It was Minhee.

“Noo…Noona…” I stuttered, shocked to see her here.

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing putting your dirty hands around Yoongi!” Minhee demanded, staring at Taeyoung.

“HEOL! Who are YOU!?” Taeyoung demanded, crossing her arms in front of her and looking at Minhee from head to toe.

“Me?? I’m Yoongi’s…..Friend!” Minhee retorted, her eyes flickering to me as she said friend.

“Heol…you’re just Yoongi Oppa’s friend so what do you care what I do with him!?” Taeyoung said, grabbing my arm and pulling me closer to her.

“You’re not even his girlfriend! I can do whatever I want…as long as Yoongi Oppa doesn’t mind!”

“Right Yoongi Oppa?” Taeyoung said, turning to me.

I could feel a lump building in my throat as I swallowed my saliva.

I was at a loss for words.

“Yoongi isn’t someone you can just put your hands around like that! How long have you known him…for you to get so close to him huh!?” Minhee demanded, pushing Taeyoung aside and standing in front of me.

My eyes flickered behind Minhee as I spotted Jin running up behind her.

“Minhee ssi! What are you doing!?” Jin frowned, grabbing Minhee’s arm and pulling her away.

“Yah! Listen! This is none of your business so get lost!” Taeyoung screamed.

“Youngie…” I mumbled in a pleading tone, grabbing her arm and shaking my head at her.

“She started it first!” Taeyoung said, pointing at Minhee.

“I’ve known Yoongi since we were kids! So don’t think you can date him so easily….you’ll have to go through me first!” Minhee retorted.

“Minhee ssi!” Jin said, now sounding a little frustrated.

“What do you think you’re doing…let’s go now!” Jin hissed, shooting me a frown.

“Noona…it’s fine…Youngie was just scared that’s why she was holding onto me..” I explained, finally finding my voice.

“You should go…” I said, shifting my gaze to Jin.

I watched as Minhee threw a last glare at Taeyoung, then she walked off with Jin.

“That unnie is crazy!!” Taeyoung frowned.

“Youngie ah…why don’t we go to the public bath and get changed into some dry clothes? You’ll catch a cold if you stay we like this.” I suggested.

“Mmmmm…” Taeyoung nodded, as I led her away.

I turned my head a little to sneak a peek at Minhee, who was already quite a distance away.

I was a little embarrassed at her seeing Taeyoung and I hugging, but on the other hand I was also curious as to why she had such a big reaction.

Did she….

Like me?

 

Minhee’s pov:

“All right! You can let go of me now!” I said, swinging my hand out of Jin’s grip.

“It hurts..” I mumbled, looking down at my right wrist where Jin had grabbed me.

Jin heaved a sigh as he rolled his eyes and stood in front of me.

“What was that all about huh?” He asked, with his hands on his hips.

“What..” I mumbled, peeking up at him.

“How do you explain you suddenly running off when we were on a date because you saw some girl hugging Yoongi!?” Jin said frustratedly.

He was really angry now, usually when we argued it would never get to this point. Jin would stop the argument even if I wanted to continue, but this time he seemed at his limit.

“I just didn’t like her holding Yoongi like that okay!?” I retorted.

I too didn’t really know what got into me.

All I knew was that…I had never had that feeling before…I just wanted to go over and rip her hands off Yoongi’s body.

I didn’t even know I was so protective of Yoongi until now…maybe it was because I never had anyone to worry about before this Taeyoung appeared.

“Minhee ssi, come on! This isn’t normal! Yoongi’s not your boyfriend…why are you so protective of him? Do you like him!?” Jin demanded.

Those words hit me like a brick to my head.

“Do you like him!?”

“Minhee ssi!” Jin’s voice thundered over the

 busy traffic.

“I….NO! Maybe I’m just…being protective cause I’m afraid…I might lose Yoongi..” I mumbled.

Jin threw his head back as he ran his fingers through his hair.

“So….you’ll rather risk losing me…than risk losing Yoongi?” Jin said in a serious tone.

“I…” I stuttered for a moment, at a total lost for words.

What was the right thing to say in this situation?

“Fine…” Jin said in a grave tone.

My heart started to beat faster as I looked up at him.

This was it….

If I didn’t do anything to stop him now, I was going to lose him forever.

“If you can’t choose….I’ll choose for you.” He said, turning his back towards me and walking in the other direction.

My breathing started to get heavy as I reached out my hand towards him, but no words came out of my mouth.

I bit my lip as I spun around in the other direction so I couldn’t see Jin.

I clenched my fist as I held it to my chest and took a deep breath.

Jin was walking away from me....

He was leaving...

But why couldn’t I say anything?

Why!?