A Little Competition

Noona, I think I love you

Minhee’s pov:

I sighed as I held the two ticket stubs in my hand, I was waiting outside the theatre for Jin to arrive.

We were going to watch a movie together but he told me he had something to do and asked me to wait for him there, the movie was almost starting but he wasn’t here yet.

I was tired of always having to wait for Jin.

What was he thinking anyway, making his girlfriend wait for him all the time.

“Just…five more minutes and I’ll leave..” I told myself, staring at the clock on my phone.

Just then, my phone started ringing in my hand.

It was Jin.

“Jinnie…where are you?? The movie is almost starting!” I said in an irritated voice.

“Minhee ssi…mian…I just got a call from one of my uncles he said my abuji might be at the airport today on a flight from Canada.” Jin said.

“I have to go to the airport now…even if there’s a small chance he might be there…mian…we’ll watch the movie another time oh?”

“I gotta go….I’ll make it up to you.” Jin finished, hanging up the call before I could say anything.

I sighed angrily as I stared at my phone and threw it into my bag.

There goes my date with Jin…and this wasn’t the first time something like this happened.

Yoongi was totally right….getting into a relationship with Jin was the worst thing ever!

“Aiishh!!” I grumbled, tearing the ticket stubs angrily and dumping them into the trashcan.

“What was I supposed to do now? Eat dinner alone!?”

I stood there angrily for a few moments thinking of how I was going to scream at Jin when I saw him when suddenly my phone started ringing again.

“If it was Jin…I was going to scream my head off at him..”

I thought, holding the phone in front of my face.

It was Yoongi.

I took a deep breath to calm down as I answered the phone, I didn’t want to sound pissed off at Yoongi.

“Noona! Guess what!” Yoongi exclaimed.

“Oh…Yoongi ah, what is it?” I asked, clueless.

“Don’t you remember what day it is today?” Yoongi asked, sounding a little disappointed.

“Oh! It’s the audition day isn’t it? How was it? How did it go?” I smiled, glad that I remembered.

“Ahhh…I think I could have done better…” Yoongi trailed off, heaving a sigh.

My smile faded from my face as I heard what he said, did he not get through to the next round?


“Yoongi ah….are you all right…?” I asked, thinking of a way to comfort him.

“Noona maybe I’m just not good enough…maybe I should stop writing songs and rapping…” He sighed again.

“Aniyo! You have a talent in writing rap…you can trust me…I know what you can do. I’ve been listening to your songs since you started writing…you can’t give up!” I exclaimed, genuinely worried about Yoongi.

I was expecting him to thank me or something but instead I heard laughter over at the other end.

“Noona! I’m just kidding!! Namjoon and I made it to the next round.” Yoongi chuckled.

“Yah!! That wasn’t funny!” I protested, pouting.

Laughter continued at the other end.

“Is that Namjoon I hear??” I demanded, frowning.

“Yeah it’s him…” Yoongi chuckled.

“Yah! Kim Namjoon! This was all your idea wasn’t it!” I shouted.

“Noona…calm down..” Yoongi said.

“Are you free now? Why don’t you meet us for a celebration dinner?” Yoongi suggested.

“Call!!” I said, excited that I wouldn’t have to eat dinner alone now.

“Great, we’ll meet at the BBQ restaurant we went the other time….see you!” Yoongi said.

“Oh! See you!” I replied, hanging up the call.

I smiled to myself as I left the mall, I was glad Yoongi made it to the next round of the auditions not because he was closer to getting the money for Jin….but because he was one step closer to his dream and I was happy for him.

 

Suga’s pov:

Namjoon and I had already arrived at the BBQ restaurant and was sitting down at the table waiting for Minhee to arrive.

“Ko gi….” Namjoon mumbled, drooling at the plate of Korean Marbled beef on the next table.

“Yah! If you keep your mouth open like that a cockroach will fly in!” I teased.

“Yoongi ah! Namjoon ah!” I heard Minhee’s voice.

Namjoon and I turned our heads towards the door as we saw Minhee walking in towards our table.

“Mian…did you guys wait long?” She asked, sitting down next to me.

“Ani…” I replied, smiling.

“Where did you come from? Home?” I asked.

“I was supposed to meet Jin for a movie but it got cancelled so….I’m glad you called!” Minhee grinned at me.

“What!? Jin didn’t turn up again?” I asked.

This wasn’t the first time he didn’t show up for a date with Minhee.

“Does he do that often?” Namjoon asked.

“Just a few times…” Minhee replied.

“A few times??? More like A LOT of times..” I corrected.

“All right…let’s not talk about Jin okay? We’re here to celebrate you guys going to the next round of the competition!” Minhee smiled.

“Chukahae!!” She exclaimed, holding up her cup of Korean tea.

“One step closer to our dream!” Namjoon smiled, as the three of us clanked out glasses together.

The food came and we started eating and chatting happily.

“Noona, now that I’m not your boyfriend anymore….who do you like better? Me or Yoongi?” Namjoon smirked.

I almost choked on my beef and I turned to Namjoon and gave him a stare.

“Do I really have to answer that?” Minhee chuckled.

“Yah! Don’t make things hard for Noona okay?” I said, nudging Namjoon.

“Noona…you don’t have to answer that question.” I said, turning to her.

Minhee laughed as she continued eating her food.

Just then, Namjoon’s phone started to ring.

“Oh…Taehyung ah…sup?” Namjoon answered the call.

Minhee and I looked towards him as he started talking.

“Oh…oh…” Namjoon nodded, turning to look at me.

“Yeah he’s here..” He said.

I raised my eyebrows at him, wondering why Taehyung was asking about me. We barely even know each other.

Namjoon switched his phone to speaker mode and placed it on the table.

“He’s here…say it…I have the phone on speaker mode.” Namjoon said.

“Oh, Yoongi hyung?” Taehyung’s voice sounded.

“Ne..” I replied.

“My sister doesn’t believe I met you today so….she asked me to call you and prove it. She wants to hear your voice…I’ll pass it to her!” Taehyung said.

“Omo! Suga Oppa! Is that really you?” A sweet melodious voice sounded on the phone.

“Ne…It’s me…” I replied, not knowing what else to say.

“Omo!!! Oppa said he met you but I didn’t believe him…omomo…I’m your biggest fan!! I’m Kim Taeyoung!!” She rambled on.

“It's nice to meet you..Taeyoung...” I replied.

“Omo…I love your voice…I can’t believe I’m actually talking to you right now…Namjoon Oppa!! Why didn’t you tell me earlier that you knew Suga Oppa! I would have come to Seoul sooner!”

“Well…we can meet up sometime I guess…at Namjoon’s place.” I suggested.

“Omo jinjja!!?” She exclaimed, then Taehyung took the phone from her.

“Youngie! That’s enough…Yoongi Hyung is having his dinner..” He said.

“Yaaahhh..” I could still hear her voice.

“Hyung…I’ll let you eat in peace now..see you.” Taehyung said as he hung up.

I looked towards Namjoon as the both of us smiled at each other.

“She really is a huge fan of yours..” Namjoon said.

“What do you think? Her voice is cute no?” Namjoon grinned.

“Yeah…her voice sounds nice…” I smiled.

“Wait till you see her face..” Namjoon chuckled.

“Yah! What was that all about?” Minhee asked, frowning at us.

“She’s Joon’s cousin….they’re here on Vacation from Daegu..” I explained.

“Uh huh…and Taeyoung’s a huge fan of Yoongi’s.” Namjoon grinned.

“Fan?? Yoongi ah….I’m still your number one fan right??” Minhee said, pouting at me.

“Uhhh…” I mumbled, blushing a little.

“Noona! Looks like you have a little competition now…” Namjoon laughed.

“Hmph…we’ll see…who’s the bigger fan..” Minhee mumbled, poking at her food.

I grabbed my glass and gulped down the tea as I looked up at Minhee.

That look on her face….

Was she…

Jealous?

 

A/n: I updated the foreword with the pic & profile of V's sister...so do take a look! (:

BANGGGG!