Falling Deeper

Noona, I think I love you

Minhee’s pov:

I grinned to myself as I stared at my phone that I hid under my desk.

“Can’t wait to see you after school…” Jin’s message said.

“I can’t wait too! I’m already thinking of where we should go for dinner…kekeke…” I replied.

Jin was such a cutie…secretly messaging me sweet messages in class.

“Minhee ssi…” I heard the teacher call my name as I quickly stuffed my phone into my pocket and looked up, wiping the grin off my face.

“Ne!” I answered.

“Would you like to tell us the answer to question two?” The teacher asked, turning her head to face my direction.

“Ahhhhh….” I mumbled, quickly scanning through the question.

“15 sin 20 degrees?” I replied, randomly choosing one of the answers.

“That is incorrect….I suggest you pay more attention in my class rather than day dreaming and grinning to yourself.” The teacher said, rolling her eyes.

Some of the girls in the class chuckled as I gulped and grabbed my book and the teacher carried on with the lesson.

“God, I hate math!!”

 

Finally school was over and I quickly grabbed my stuff and hurried outside, looking around for any signs of Jin.

“Pssttt….Minhee ssi!” I heard someone hiss as I spun around and saw Jin standing in front of me.

He was wearing a facemask that covered his face from his mouth to the top of his nose bridge and dark sunglasses.

“Jin ssi…” I stuttered, wondering why he was being so secretive.

“Hurry, let’s go…” He said in an impatient tone as he grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him.

“Jin ssi, what’s with the facemask and the shades?” I asked curiously.

Jin looked towards me as he pulled the sunglasses off his face and threw it into his bag.

“Didn’t you read the papers this morning? They posted an article about my abuji’s company going bankrupt…my photo was there too!” Jin explained.

“Heol.” I gasped.

“At school…everyone was shunning me and giving me weird stares…I couldn’t wait to leave and see you…” He sighed, removing his facemask as well.

I smiled at him.

“Don’t worry! With me around…no one will dare bully you.” I chuckled.

Jin returned my smile as we continued to walk down the sidewalk side by side.

“Oh, that reminds me! I have something for you.” He smiled, reaching into his bag.

“For me? What is it?” I asked curiously, widening my eyes and peering into his bag.

“Jja jjang!!” Jin exclaimed, pulling a pink cat softoy keychain out of his bag. The same one that he had hanging on his bag.

“Omo..” I gasped, looking at the keychain in his hand.

“You said it was cute…so I went and got one for you.” He grinned, handing the keychain to me.

“Here, let me put it on your bag for you….then we’ll have matching keychains.” Jin said excitedly as he went behind me and attached the keychain to the zipper on my backpack.

“There!” He said, smiling and turning back to look at me.

“Gomawo…” I thanked him, smiling shyly.

“But Jin ssi….the person who gave that keychain to you…isn’t she important to you? Would it be appropriate if I had the same keychain too?” I asked.

“Ani….the person who gave me that keychain…I’ve long forgotten her…right now…it’s something that the both of us share…that’s all there is now.” He smiled.

I smiled at him as we walked towards the restaurant. He made me feel like I was someone special.

 

Later, we started work and the restaurant started to get busy with the dinner crowd.

I was at the locker room having a break.

I stretched my arms as I grabbed the water bottle from my bag and took a big gulp of water, then I looked at the clock and realized it was 7pm.

I went back out to the dining area to continue serving when suddenly, a group of men in suits barged into the restaurant.

Everyone stared at them as they made a lot of noise coming in and they looked like gangsters with their stares and the way they walked.

“Can I help you sir?” I asked, walking over to them.

The man stared at me with menacing eyes as he turned to and empty table and flipped it in front of my face, sending all the cutlery and dishes crashing to the floor.

I widened my eyes in shock as I stared at him, he then gave his men a nod and then they started going around and smashing things.

I cringed as I covered my ears and closed my eyes, there was chaos in the restaurant now and everyone was screaming and running out.

“Ibwayo!! What do you want!? You can’t come in here and destroy everything!!” I screamed.

Just then, the man scowled at me and grabbed my arm spinning me around and locking his arm around my neck.

My breathing started to get heavier and my heart started to beat faster as he grabbed a sharp piece of broken plate and held it to my neck.

“I know Kim Seokjin works here!! Bring him out now or I’ll slit !” The man shouted.

I watched as the other waiters and the manager scrambled around trying to find Jin, but he was nowhere in sight.

“Don’t hurt Minhee! We’ll bring Jin out!” Chanmi shouted as she ran into the kitchen.

 

Jin’s pov:

I clenched my fist and I crouched under the table in the kitchen. I had saw those men come in and I heard them smashing things so I ran into the kitchen to hide for fear of my own safety.

I knew they were looking for me.

My Dad had borrowed money from gangsters to finance his construction firm. Now that it had gone bankrupt, the gangsters were coming for me to pay for my Dad’s sins.

My eyes flickered towards the door as I heard someone run in.

“Omo ottokae…” I heard Chanmi’s frantic voice.

“We have to find Jin before he does anything to Minhee…” She said.

“Minhee…? What happened to her?”

“He’s holding that sharp piece of broken plate so near to her neck! What if it cuts !” Chungjo (another waitress at the restaurant) said.

“Something’s happened to Minhee! I had to come out to make sure she was all right!”

“I’m here, where’s Minhee?” I said, getting up from my hiding place under the table.

“Omo…Jin ssi…ppali! Minhee’s in trouble!” Chanmi said as I followed her out of the kitchen.

I stood in front of the men, staring at the guy who was holding Minhee hostage.

“Jin ssi!” Minhee screamed.

“Shut up!” The man shouted, waving the piece of broken plate.

I could see Minhee’s eyes filled with fear as she stared at the man.

“I’m here….now let her go!” I demanded.

The man smirked as he pushed Minhee aside and walked towards me.

Minhee let out a small scream as she tumbled to the ground.

My eyes followed her to make sure she was safe then I turned to face the man.

“Kim Seokjin! I heard your son of a dog father has left the country…” He laughed.

“That leaves us no choice but to come after you…..don’t blame us….if you want to blame anyone you should blame your useless dog father!” He smirked.

I stared at him, trying not to look scared. Trying to look fearless…but my body couldn’t stop shaking…

I was trembling so much, I had to clench my fist to stop myself from shaking.

“Do you know how much your father owes us?”

“Ten. Million. Won.” He said.

“I don’t have it…” I replied, willing my voice not to tremble.

The man frowned as he grabbed me by collar and dragged my out of the restaurant.

“Then I guess you’re going to get a good beating today!” He said, shoving me to the ground.

I quickly got back onto my feet and shuffled around as the men surrounded me.

There was no escape….

I bit my lip as I eyed them one by one.

“Argghhhhh!!!” I shouted as I charged for the leader.

I wrapped my arms around his body and tried to push him over but he grabbed me by the back of my collar and punched me in the face.

I tumbled to the ground as I blinked my eyes and shook my head.

It was just one blow….but I was already seeing stars.

“Get him!!” I could hear the man shout as I felt fists and kicks pound on my body.

I was in so much pain…I felt like I was going to die.

 

Minhee’s pov:

“Minhee ssi, are you all right?” Chanmi asked, helping me up from the ground.

“I’m fine…” I mumbled, turning to look out the door where the gangsters had dragged Jin out.

“Jin’s in trouble! I need to go stop them!” I said, running towards the door.

“Minhee ssi!” Chanmi shouted, grabbing my arm.

“Minhee ssi, I don’t think you should get involved…you’re just a girl.” Chanmi advised.

“Well I can’t just stay here and do nothing!” I protested, swinging my arm out of her grip and running out the door.

I looked around and saw the men beating Jin up, he was lying on the ground and his body looked motionless as the men rained punches and kicks on him.

“Andwae!!” I screamed as I ran down the steps towards them.

“Stop!! Don’t hit him!!” I screamed, standing in front of Jin and blocking him from the men.

I stared at the leader as I raised my arms up to block them from hitting Jin.

“I wasn’t scared of him….”

“He’s just nothing but a big bully…” I told myself as I stood my ground.

“Meddlesome little !!” The leader shouted as he grabbed my arm and slapped me on the face.

I screamed as I fell to the ground.

“Minhee ssi!!” I heard Jin’s weak voice as he scrambled towards me.

“Minhee ssi are you okay?” He asked, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

I nodded at him as I grabbed the side of my face and stared back at the leader.

“You better leave now or I’ll call the police!!” I threatened, holding up my phone.

“Kim Seokjin! You better return us the money your father owes or you and your girlfriend are going ot get it!!” He said, frowning and turning to leave.

“Let’s go!” He told his men as they left in the car.

“Are you okay??” I asked Jin worriedly, helping him up from the ground.

Jin nodded as he looked at me.

“Mianhae Minhee ssi…..if it wasn’t for me you wouldn’t get hurt..” He mumbled, touching my cheek where the man slapped me.

“It’s okay…I’m fine…” I replied, staring at him.

“You’re hurt really badly…..I’ll bring you to the hospital…” I told him.

Jin nodded as I helped him back into the restaurant.

 

A/n: I want to write more but I have to stop here!! I have school later at 8:30am in the morning ughhhh.... I'm so gonna fall asleep in class....I'll update after that! :D What will happen to Jin & Minhee now?? Stay tuned to the next chapter ;D