The Competition

You're All That I Want

It was another Friday afternoon.And as Shin Hye gathered her things,getting ready to go home.it has been a nice day.The sun is still up and no signs of dark cloud up above the horizons.But somehow the nice weather did not  erase the sad feeling that she got for today.Geun Seok is going back home again and she will be going to the city for the conference. It will be a week of without him in her life.She dreaded going home knowing he won't be there.

Shin Hye got up from her chair as she took a deep sigh.And then she heard a knock on her door.Somehow in her heart she is hoping it was Geun Seok as she lifted up her face and to see that it is Yong Hwa,smiling at her.

"Hello.Is it almost time to go home?" he asked.

"Yes,I was just getting my things together.What brings you here.Not busy today?" she asked as she smiled back at him.

"No,my boss is letting me off the hook today.It is about time that I spent some time with you." Yong Hwa said."You might think that I am taking you for granted."

"No,why would I think like that.Anyway,I have been busy and occupied lately." Shin Hye said.

"Busy with your visitor and tenant? The company's big man?" he said.Shin Hye noted the envy and bitterness in his voice.

"Come on what are you talking about? I seldom see the man.He is a very busy person just like you." she said.

"That is not the buzz around town.Somebody saw the two of you together having dinner." he asked."And I am sort of envious? or more like jealous.You are not falling for the Big Man are you?" as he stared at her.

Yong Hwa's questions was so unexpected as Shin Hye colored at his questions.She was confused and it was too late to hide the emotions that she have for  Geun Seok as Yong Hwa saw what is inside of her.

"Of course not." Shin Hye answered.

"Your answer is different from what I have seen in your face.But it doesn't mean that I am giving up on you.Just remember,he won't stay here forever.I will be here for you and he will not be around." he said.

Shin Hye can feel the hurt and the anger in his voice.She suddenly felt sorry for him.He has been her friend forever.Everybody is expecting that they are going to end with each other.....is it his pride or he really has this deep feeling for her.Somehow,she always knew that she loves him.She always loves Yong Hwa,not in the way that she loves Geun Seok now.Theirs is a quiet and comfortable feeling.But she never committed herself to him.Yong Hwa and everybody has just assumed everything.But she never said anything to mislead him.In fact she was so afraid to say anything to him,nor commit  any kind of relationship to him except for friendship,for she knows he would hold on to that.,For some reasons,she has her reservations.like she is still waiting for her Prince Charming to come and claim her.

"I am not expecting anything from him.I know that he will be gone here before I knew it.And no there is no relationship between us." Shin Hye said,she was upset. It is not only her Mom and now Yong Hwa too?Is she that obvious? She needs to get as far away from him as she can."We only have a dinner and that is only all to it." she added.with a growing irritation in her voice.

Yong Hwa noted the anger, and felt bad that he has upset her. "I am sorry.I did mean to upset you as he hold Shin Hye's shoulder and pulled her to an embrace......

Just then Geun Seok walked in and saw Shin Hye in Yong Hwa;s arms....Although he knew of their relationship,this act of tenderness between the two was quite unexpected.And somehow left him feeling hurt and dejected...He turned his back from them....although he feels like pulling Shin Hye away from Yong Hwa.....Did she misunderstand their relationship?Maybe their is more to them than friendship..... a comfortable friendship....and he is not ready to accept it.For he knew deep in his heart that he is the one that Shin Hye needs and wants.....