Not The Finale XC

Dear Diary, I fell in love~

Jieun smiled at Jiyeon, "You kinda look happy today," "You're kind of sad when Hyunwoo's not here," Jonghyun added. "It's just that..." Jiyeon mumbled, realizing she doesn't know the source of her happiness. "Nothing!" she brushed the subject off before smiling an all-teeth smile. Jieun and Jonghyun sighed at her cuteness.

"Oh, JB!" Jiyeon exclaimed as she saw JB walking. "JB-ahh~" Jiyeon called, running towards the boy. Jb whipped his head to the running girl and raised a brow, "Jiyeon...?"

"JB," Jiyeon panted as she stopped in front of him. She looked up to clearly see his face and look into his eyes. "JB, I-"

JB's eyes were swollen and red. Is this from crying?

"Why are your eyes so... swollen?" Jiyeon asked. "Ugh, lack of sleep," JB lied. "You were saying?" JB blinked his hurt eyes. "I wanted to say... I'm sorry." Jiyeon bit her lip and looked down the ground. "I'm sorry...?" JB repeated her words. "You're saying 'sorry' now when you made things worse by fighting with me yester-"

"Look, hear me out, okay?" Jiyeon took hold of JB's hands and looked at him-straight in the eye. He nodded. "I... I'm sorry, for saying those mean words to you yesterday; for making you cry; for making you suffer; for hurting your feelings." Jiyeon began to say. JB stayed silent. "I... I want to start over. Be friends... So, can we?" she held JB's hands tighter, pleading with her eyes. "I don't know..." JB replied, which made her widen her eyes. "This is all too much for me to intake. I don't mean to say this Jiyeon, but you hurt my feelings; you really did. Yesterday you just told me that you never meant any promises you vowed and never did love me. Now you're asking to be friends? I'm sorry, Jiyeon, but I'm going to say 'no' for now." JB looked deep in her eyes. He messaged through his eyes, "I'm sorry. I really am." a thousand times. "I know... what you mean." Jiyeon forced a smile and sniffed, removing her hands from his. "Just... tell me when you want to start over, okay?" Jiyeon said before leaving him alone.

***

Staring from then, Jiyeon wore a poker-face, a pout, and a frown. This was totally the opposite of what she was feeling earlier.

"Jiyeon... are you okay?" Jieun asked when she noticed that Jiyeon was only poking her food. Jiyeon looked up, "Oh, yeah, I'm fine." Jonghyun grabbed the utensils from Jiyeon's hand and said, "The food isn't going to your mouth if you just stare at it!" He put food on the spoon and lifted it up to Jiyeon's mouth level. "Now, say 'aaah'," Jiyeon death-glared Jonghyun and rolled her eyes. "Hey! You're girlfriend is watching!!" Jieun complained. "Hehe," he smiled. "I know that. I'm only kidding, okay?" he said, putting the spoon back down. "You better eat Jiyeon, or else I'm going to eat it," Jonghyun teased.

Everytime when people say that they will take Jiyeon's food, she will immediately eat; but now, she didn't.

"Hey, hey, hey!" someone greeted making the trio shoot their heads up. "Hyunwoo!" they smiled. He sat down beside Jiyeon and pecked her cheek. "Did everyone miss me?" he joked. He looked at Jiyeon, who was very gloomy, and poking her food. "Jagiya, why aren't you eating?" He did the same thing Jonghyun did earlier, "Say 'ahh', my darling," Jiyeon complied and ate what was on the spoon. "Hehe, my jagi missed me right?" Hyunwoo flashed an eye-smile before pulling her by the waist and hugging her. Jiyeon smiled, she's gonna miss these hugs and kisses after he breaks up with her. "Hyunwoo-ah..." Jiyeon mumbled. "Yes, jagi?" Hyunwoo smiled, he knows he's going to miss her smile and voice when he breaks up with her. "How's your shooting?" she asked. "It's fine. The shooting's going to end just the day before the graduation... the day I'll break up with you." he said, whispering the last part to himself. "Sulli's also gone now. I fired her, after what she did..." he continued, recalling the things she did. "She... is?" she raised a brow. "Who's your PA now?" she asked. "Hm, I don't have a PA right now. My manager is scheduling interviews." he explained. "Oh," Jiyeon nodded.

"Ehem," Jonghyun coughed. "Hyunwoo, can I talk to you for a moment?" Jonghyun asked. "We're talking right now," Hyunwoo said. "I mean, in private," he rolled his eyes. Hyunwoo stood up and followed Jonghyun, outside the cafeteria.

***

"Dude, are you really going to break up with Jiyeon!?" Jonghyun asked, furious. "Might as well," Hyunwoo sighed. "Hyunwoo, don't!!" he denied. "You love each other very much! I don't know, but maybe I loved her more than you do! If it wasn't for my amnesia, I would have killed you! You're going to break her heart, man!" Jonghyun raged. Hyunwoo was speechless. "I... I'm dong this for her sake!" Hyunwoo spat back. "Doing this for her sake? Hyunwoo, do you think hurting her is good for her sake?" he said.

"Because of me, Jiyeon gets hurt! Because of me, she got into the hospital! Because of me, she's suffering right now! And I get hurt more than her! Do you know how it feels to see the one you love get hurt?! It hurts! It hurts me more, Jonghyun! It hurts to see that Jiyeon is suffering because of me. I might be the worst person in her life, so I don't see why she would still love me! She deserves someone else. Someone who can do things that I didn't do to her! Someone who can protect her; someone who can love her; someone who can't hurt her."

 

From afar, JB is listening to everything. He's sorry. Sorry for Jiyeon and Hyunwoo. Sorry for the things that made Jiyeon hurt. He wanted to make her happy. Suddenly, her feelings for Jiyeon overcame his heart.

JB thinks, he's the 'someone' Hyunwoo is talking about.

***

"What do you think they are talking about?" Jieun asked. "Who knows...? Boy things, maybe," Jiyeon shrugged. Jieun fake-coughed, "So... are your wounds fully healed now?" "Yeah," Jiyeon nodded. "It wasn't that serious," she added. "Where's MissA, anyway?" Jieun said, looking around. " I don't know. Let's just be happy that they aren't here,"

***

"Sir, I... I'd like to report something," JB said to their Principal. "What is it?" he raised a brow. "Um... I saw bullying," JB gulped. "Were you the one who was bullied, Mr. Im?" he asked. "Aniyo," JB shook his head. "It was a friend," he continued. "Who bullied your friend, Mr. Im?" he asked. "I don't know their names, sir. But I know their faces,"

The principal pulled out his records, and showed them to JB. "Please point to me who these four are,"

"Bae Suzy"   "Meng Jia"    "Lee Minyoung"    "Wang Feifei"

"Thank you Mr. Im. We'll be talking to them soon."

JB bowed and left the office.