At Last II

In love with Miss Imposter



Taemin carried her to the top floor of this house and set her down outside a door.

"This is my favorite room of the house." he said and took her hands. "Ready?"

Jooyeon nodded eagerly.

Taemin smiled and opened the door.

Once Jooyeon stepped in, tears clouded her vision.

Inside, her paintings were hung all round the walls. From her first work to the latest.

There were some that were missing in the middle but Taemin printed a large posters for those he could not get yet. He placed a note on those to remind himself of which auctions he had to attend to get those.

Besides from her whole array of paintings, there were newspaper articles framed up and hung up too.

Jooyeon went to the nearest one and read.

"Young South Korean Artist Kwon Jooyeon Wins Award at international competition."

Jooyeon gasped and walked along the wall. Every newspaper article, every magazine page, even if it was just a small picture of her, Taemin kept it.

Beside those, he wrote notes.

"Jooyeon is so capable! I just hope she won't attract too many guys with her good looks."

"Jooyeon won an award again! Yes it's time to celebrate! gummy bears anyone?"

"Jooyeon seems to be living well. I should live well too shouldn't I?"

Taemin wrapped his arms round her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder. "Taemin Oppa..." Jooyeon cried.

"Hey don't cry." Taemin wiped her tears away. "I did all these because I missed you. Not to make you cry."

Jooyeon turned round and hugged him. "But you... You did all these for me and I didn't know.."

Taemin smiled and her hair. "It was the only way to feel your presence around me again. I wanted to collect every picture that the woman I loved drew."

Taemin broke away from her hug and kissed her forehead, before going on one of his knees.

"I love you." he said for the first time. "Will you marry me?"

He held out a simple diamond ring, which was simple and elegant.

Jooyeon gaped at it, speechless.

"Do you not like it? I bought it for you 3 years ago maybe the fashion changed.." Taemin said worriedly.

Jooyeon threw her arms round his neck and hugged him tight. "I love you too. And yes, I'll marry you."

Taemin's face broke into a big smile and he pulled her face towards his. He gently kissed her lips, sweet, sincere. Jooyeon kissed him back, with tears still streaming down her face.

Taemin pulled back and caressed her face. "I love you so much Kwon Jooyeon."

"I love you too Lee Taemin." she smiled.

Taemin beamed brightly, positively shining. He felt elated, whole, a thousand things all at once and all he wanted to do was to shout out to the world of what had happened.

Two years. It had taken two years for his dream to come true and when it did, he felt like he was floating.

Taemin grinned and pulled Jooyeon to the window, flinging it open.

He stood behind her and took both her hands, waving them up. "HELLO!!! WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!"

Few passerbys stopped in their tracks, startled at the random declaration. They looked up at the crazy couple waving from one apartment and some even gestured good signs at them.

"Taemin oppa!" Jooyeon laughed, red in the face and pulling away from the window.

Taemin circled his arms around her waist and smiled softly, gazing at her. "I'm happy. So..so happy." he whispered, leaning his forehead against hers.

Jooyeon nodded with a smile. "Me too."