Does silence mean that you're guilty?

In love with Miss Imposter

Taemin sat in his car and stared out of the window blankly as his chauffeur drove him home. Taemin let out a heavy sigh and bit his lips, deep in thought.

Just then, a familiar female figure caught his eyes.

Jooyeon.

She was walking, or rather trudging slowly, going home from school. Other students from school saw her and followed behind her, pointing fingers and gossiping.

A group of students, namely the rest of Miss A even bothered to buy a basket of eggs and began throwing them at her.

Jooyeon was not at all bothered. She had gone through all these in the bodyguard training. To shield her client when something like that happens. The eggshells crashed against her skin and the yellow fluid stained her uniform, bag and hair.

Taemin felt his heart hurting when he saw her in such a manner. He was angry with her, yes, but he could not bear seeing her in such a pathetic state. It made him feel as if he was he one being bullied.

Taemin ordered the chauffeur to drive nearer.

Jooyeon's eyes widened when she saw a familiar white car stop at the roadside beside her. The windows rolled down and revealed a cold Taemin's face.

"Get in."

Jooyeon smiled slightly and crawled into the car. The other students stared in disbelief. Shouldn't Taemin be angry with Jooyeon? Why was he helping her?

What they did not know was that Taemin wanted to be angry, but he couldn't.

Jooyeon peeked at Taemin and turned her head quickly when she saw him looking. She fiddled with her clothes and mumbled," Thank you."

Taemin gave a curt nod and passed her a box of tissues.

Jooyeon took them over gratefully and wiped herself. "Thank you." she said softly. "And sorry for dirtying the car."

"Can't be helped." Taemin said coldly. "We don't want the Choi Heiress to be going home herself in this state. The lee corps can't bear another impact from it."

Jooyeon flinched.

Taemin glanced at her and his heart ached seeing her miserable sight. "Why didn't your chauffeur come for you?"

*Because he has no reason to fetch the bodyguard when the real Choi Heiress is all the way in Busan.* she thought.

"He... He's sick." she fibbed.

"And your father didn't send another ride?" Taemin asked in disbelief.

Jooyeon remained silent, unsure of how to answer. Taemin looked at her, dirty and tired.

*If her chauffeur continues to be sick, is she going to go through this everyday?*

"I'll send you to and from school everyday till your chauffeur gets well." Taemin stated.

Jooyeon looked at him in surprise.

"it's to please Mr Choi." Taemin added.

Jooyeon looked away, hurt. *Of course. What was I thinking? That he'll be concerned for me after he thought I did all those things?*

Jooyeon bit her lips and looked at Taemin. "Taemin ah, about what Suz-"

She caught herself.

Should she explain herself?

Under normal circumstances, it is only right that a person clears her name for some thing she did not do.

But in this case, is it the best thing to do?

*Its better to let Taemin think that I was the cause of Suzy's departure, instead of Susy leaving him for money.* Jooyeon thought to herself. *I'll be leaving soon. It doesn't matter what he thinks of me. At least, please let him be think that Suzy ever did love him.*

"Suz?" Taemin asked. *Suzy? Is she going to explain about Suzy? Maybe I was wrong. Maybe there's some misunderstanding. Maybe she never intended to threaten Suzy.*

Taemin's ears perked up.

"It's nothing." Jooyeon shook her head and looked out of the window.

Taemin gazed at her, utterly disappointed.

*If you don't even bother explaining yourself, does it mean that you're admitting that you did all those things? That you're guilty?* he thought bitterly.

Jooyeon's loud scream next brought Taemin back to his senses.

"STOP! STOP THE CAR!" she shrieked and attempted to open the car door when the car was still moving at top speed.