Side story: How Onew fell in love

In love with Miss Imposter

(3 Years Ago, when Jooyeon left)

" IF THE BRIDE'S NOT KWON JOOYEON, I'LL NOT MARRY!" Taemin roared and ran out of the hall.

Onew gaped at his maknae, still disbelieving the matter at hand. *So the girl I liked was Jooyeon and not Sulli?*

He glanced at the real Sulli who was looking pale and trembling from shock.

"Appa... Taemin Oppa fell for Jooyeon!" she cried. "This isn't supposed to happen! She's just supposed to be an imposter spy! Not someone who stole my Oppa's heart!"

Mr Choi patted his daughter's back. "I didn't know he had fallen for Jooyeon as well. If I had known, I wouldn't have let her act as you!"

Crystal like tears fell from Sulli's face. Onew felt himself being attracted to her beauty and her pure love towards Taemin.

A hand holding a single white handkerchief appeared. Sulli looked up, surprised.

"Don't cry." Sulli saw a handsome geeky guy tell her.

She froze, not knowing what to do. "Who are you?" she whispered.

The guy chuckled and reached out to wipe her tears away. "I'm Onew." he smiled. "Don't cry, pretty girls don't cry."

Sulli sniffed and took the handkerchief from him, confused.

Onew gazed down at this precious looking girl in front of him and felt an urge to protect her.



(Present)

Onew sighed and sank down on his chair. Once again, he was rejected by Sulli again.

She was still in love with Taemin and could not see anybody else besides him. Or so she thought.

Onew knew that the feelings she felt for Taemin weren't love in the first place. They were just admiration.

But how was he going to convince her that he loves her and he was the one for her?

Onew thought of his maknae.

FLASHBACK

"Yes Onew! I earned my first million won! Now I only need another five million and I can buy Jooyeon's first painting!" Taemin shrieked and jumped happily.

Onew looked at him with doubt in his eyes. "Why do you want to buy that painting? So what if you have it? Jooyeon is happily living her life without you with her boyfriend Jiyong."

Taemin flinched but the smile never left his face.

"No matter who she is with now, the fact is that I love her." Taemin said seriously. "I want to collect the first award winning painting the woman I love painted. Even if she isn't by my side, it'll feel like she is."

END OF FLASHBACK

"And he really bought that painting." Onew chuckled to himself. "And the many many more that came after. Taemin is such a obstinate person in love."

Onew pursed his lips. "If even our maknae is so stubborn in his love, I should also continue fighting for Sulli's love!"

Onew stood up and faced the mirror.

"Aja Aja! Go chicken Boy!" he smiled.

"What chicken boy?"

Onew spun round and smiled. "Aigoo my dear dongsaengs! Not busy with your work?"

Key plopped himself down. "Of course I'm busy! You don't know how hectic it is for me now that the New York fashion week is nearing! Gawd!"

Jonghyun sat beside him. "Heh lucky I'm just an investor in the company and not the fashion designer."

"That's why you're slacking all the way!" Key scoffed. "Hey Minho, when's your competition coming up?"

Minho smiled. "Next week. Can't wait for the NBA finals!"

"You'll do well!" Onew assured.

"How about you Hyung? Caught your Choi princess's heart yet?" Key asked.

Onew shook his head. "Nope! But I'm still trying!"

Jonghyun chuckled and shook his head. "Aigoo our leader and maknae are two men that are SOOO obstinate in love!"