Chapter 40

The Dare that Leads to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As you got in, there's L.Joe working as a waiter. You eyes were wide and your mouth was hanging open. L.Joe also saw you and gave you the same reaction as you gave him. You were too tired to get into angry mode because you were feeling weak and your forehead was burning hot.

You heaved a deep sigh before getting into your work outfit. You didn't mind L.Joe anymore but he just kept on staring at you. You started doing your shift and tried your best to ignore him. 

"Your orders ma'am?" you weakly smiled as you ask a woman in 30's her orders.

The woman told you her orders and nodded your head before walking back to the kitchen to prepare her orders. You started to get dizzy as you prepared the coffee and the donut. You sight were getting blury and you wanted to rest already but you can't because you wanted to work to earn money. 

L.Joe went back to the kitchen to also prepare a customer's order and he saw you looking pale. You held you head and closed your eyes as if the dizziness will go away. You started coughing hard that you covered your mouth. *This is not a good time to be sick...*

L.Joe suddenly went beside you and ask in a concern tone, "Are you okay Chunhei?"

He was about to touch your forehead to check if you are sick when you slap his hand away. "I'm fine!" you coldly said as you glared at him before proceeding back to serve the orders.

As you serve the orders, you went back to the kitchen and leaned by the wall to take a short rest. You were now growing weak and you can't take it anymore. You were about to pass out when you felt someone caught you from falling.

"Chunhei! Chunhei!"

You weakly look at him but it was blury then you passed out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

You slowly opened your eyes and realized that you were in a bed lying down. You widen your eyes that you realized that you need to get back to work. You quickly stood up when you heard a voice.

"Rest." L.Joe said as he stared at you.

You rolled your eyes and ignore him. You stood up and was about to walk pass him when he grab your wrist.

"I need to get to work!" You yelled trying to escape from his grasp but failed because he is too strong.

"Yah!" L.Joe yelled which made you shut up. "You have a high fever and you still want to work??!" L.Joe raised his voice but there's a sign that he is worried.

You kept quiet and tried not to whine anymore. You folded your arm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter