Girl Talk

BOY vs GIRL

 

Seo Woo-nim. If you feel down it’s my job to make you happy.

So please keep me with you because when you’re happy Yu Jin is too. <3
 

Wooyoung smiled at the note placed under the elf, on his dresser .

Placing it back, he went and lay on his bed with his hands behind his head, musing about the day that had passed. He’d been so close to being discovered by Junho and Nichkhun until Yu Jin had saved him... again.

 

He thought of how she’d snuck him out of the cafe and how they’d run the whole way back to the dorm holding

hands, he glanced at the bathroom door and then raised his hand to examine it. Somehow it still felt warm, like

she was still holding it.

Breaking out into a grin, he propped up his pillows, sat up and waited...

 


 

“Hello”

“Yu Jin it’s me Halmoni”

Holding her phone to her ear, Yu Jin wiped off the condensation on the mirror and smiled “Come again? Halmoni? Whose Halmoni?”

She heard a pause before she heard a tsking sound “Aigoo this girl always making fun of me, how would you like to spend your holidays sleeping outside!?”

Yu Jin laughed knowing her grandmother might kick her out during the day, but would never let her sleep outside “Oh really?” she asked. Towelling off her hair, Yu Jin opened the bathroom door and strolled back into the room, smiling at Seo Woo when she saw her sitting up on her bed and relaxing “I might just have to spend the nights at Taecyeons then”

Hopping onto Seo Woos bed with her, she giggled at the surprised look on her face as she propped herself up on the pillow next to her.

Getting comfortable, she paused when her grandmother shouted loud enough to startle both her and Seo Woo "KIM YU JIN! An unmarried girl like you shouldn't be saying strange things like that!"

Yu Jin covered to keep from laughing "Halmoni i'm only teasing, you know I wouldn't actually do that" she said between giggles.

Her grandmother sighed "I know, if I left it to you my hopes of ever getting a great-grandchild would be dashed! All our neighbours have grandchildren who were married at your age and you're much more beautiful than all of them... aigoo this girl..."

Yu Jin shook her head "I don't want to get married. If I get married I want to marry you and Harabuhji so I never have to leave you"

"AIGOO YU JIN!" he grandmother barked. She glanced at Seo Woo and saw her trying to hide a chuckle.

Yu Jin smiled "Halmoni i'm gonna go now. I love you guys"

After a pause "We love you too" her grandmother said gently "Make sure you come home for the holidays after you go to Sue Jis. We have some important news to tell you"

"Okay Halmoni I will"

 


 

Wow…

 

Wooyoungs jaw slackened when Yu Jin walked out of the bathroom. Talking to someone on the phone, she was dressed in cotton short shorts and a singlet which accentuated how slender and womanly her figure was. His gaze travelled over her body to her legs and he found himself gawking at them. To say she had nice ones… would be understatement.

He took in how long they were… how smooth every inch of her skin was until he looked up at her face and saw her smiling at him.

 

He smiled back and then tore his gaze away, chanting what Gahee had told him in his head. It’s natural to be tempted. It’s natural. Not allowed… but… wow she smells nice

 

He looked up to see her standing right next to his bed, too busy looking at her to notice what she was saying. Suddenly to his surprise she lay down next to him on the bed and made herself comfortable.

 

“KIM YU JIN!”

 

His eyes widened when he heard a shout through Yu Jins phone.. He glanced at Yu Jin with concern but smirked when he saw she was laughing. Since she didn’t seem to mind if he overheard or not, he listened to their conversation with interest. Finding out she was talking to her grandmother and it sounded like she was scolding her for being unmarried which made him chuckle.

 

His Dad was always on Gahees case for the same thing, he probably would’ve been on his case too if he’d given Ji Nah a chance. Stubborn old man

 

He saw Yu Jin get off the phone “You seem really close to your grandparents” he commented.

 

She put her phone on the ground and gave him a small smile “They’re the best. I’d be lost without them”

 

“Is that why you want to marry them?” he asked with a grin. He had to admit it, the way her grandmother and Yu Jin talked to each other was really cute.

 

She laughed “Correct! that way I can be by them forever, there the only family I have so i’m going to avoid leaving them... Ow!”

 

Wooyoung was still processing what she had said about the ‘only family’ thing before he saw Yu Jin jerk suddenly, holding her stomach.

 

Sitting up more, he turned to her “You alright?” he asked.

 

Yu Jin nodded and looked at him with her face scrunched up “It’s just my period but.. Unni could you rub it for me?”

 

“HUH!?” he asked, suddenly feeling awkward, terrified and nervous all at once.

 

She pointed pat her tummy gingerly “Please?”

 

Opening his mouth to refuse, he closed it again when he saw the way she was looking at him. Batting her big eyes, needing him. He sighed, there was no way he could he say no to that.

 

Reaching across, he cautiously placed his hand on her stomach and stilled at the feeling of warmth he felt when touching her. Adjusting to it, he slowly moved his hand in a circle, being as gentle as he could not wanting to hurt her. Gahee was always in a lot of pain when she had hers. She never asked him to rub her tummy though, guess it wasn't a brother type thing to do.

 

"So which one do you like?" he heard Yu Jin ask.

 

"Hmm?" he hummed, concentrating on Yu Jins stomach.

 

"The guys at the cafe, which one do you like? That why you were running away isnt it? Because you like one of them..."

 

Wooyoung shuddered "Errr...No... well not exactly"

 

"Then why? Is one of them your ex-boyfriend? Which one? It's the serious looking one isn't it! I saw you looked more freaked out when you were looking at him!" she said, excitedly trying to figure it out.

 

"Ummmm...yeah okay then"

 

"I knew it!"

 

Oh man I've gotta get her off this topic

 

Still busy with his administrations, his eyes roamed once again over her body trying to figure out a change of subject, coming to rest on the locket he’d seen her holding at the park.

 

“Nice locket… who’s in it?” he asked quickly, hoping she'd take the bait.

 

Assessing him for a moment, she took it off and gave it to him. Sitting up to face him, she watched as he opened it and to his surprise it was a locket that you could put multiple pictures into.

 

Yu Jin pointed at the pictures in the frames “It’s my family. Umma, Appa, Halmoni, Harabuhji and Sue Ji”

 

He looked between her and the locket “You look like your Appa” he told her.

 

She smiled “I know everyone used to say that I look like him”

 

“Used to?”

 

“Mm hm. My parents died a couple of years ago in an accident”

 

Wooyoung looked up at her in shock not knowing what to say “I'm sorry. I… um…both of them?” he asked and then inwardly scolded himself “You don’t have to answer that”

 

Yu Jin smiled “It’s fine. I miss them but I don’t remember them passing away so that part of it isn't sad to think about it”

 

“You don’t remember?” he asked, confused.

 

“Me, my Appa and Umma got into an accident and that’s how they died but I can’t remember it. The doctor told my grandparents it’s common for kids to repress memories of traumatic events” she explained.

 

“I've heard of that...but you’re not curious about what happened?”

 

Yu Jin bit her lip “Sometimes but my grandparents don’t want to tell me and if it’s horrible enough for my brain to block out and my grandparents to not want to tell me then It’s probably best that I don’t remember”

 

Wooyoung nodded, becoming lost in thoughts of his Mother. He knew what it was like to not want to remember something. He willed the sadness away, struggling with it until he felt Yu Jin wrap her arms around him.

 

"Unni I know that look" she told him softly "I'm sorry for your loss"

 

Glancing at her and seeing the earnesty in her eyes, he felt his sadness dissolve... he hadn't said anything about losing someone but somehow she already knew. He'd been trying to figure out what was disarming about Yu Jin and now he'd figured it out. Everything about her made him feel warm and comforted... she reminded him of his Mother.

Unable to help it, he reached up and pressed her arms closer to his chest. 

 

Right then and there he knew... his relationship with Ji Nah and his friendship with Yu Jin. He wasn't leaving Cho Won without either one of them.