Morning Yu Jin

BOY vs GIRL


 

 

AUGUST 6TH 2012 - 3 days before school starts
 

 

Walking down the sloping path from the house heading towards the barn, Yu Jin stretched out her arms to her sides opening her hands wide, revelling in the feeling of the sun on her arms and face.

“Ah feels nice” she said to herself.

Smiling, she breathed in deeply through her nose, exhaling with a loud whoosh through .
It was a beautiful day so she'd decided to enjoy the sights on the property. Well that and her Grandmother had literally shoved her out the door, banning her from the house.

“You do not come back until dinner time” she told her firmly, waving her finger in her face, her eyes opening wide and her grey hair shaking with every finger wave.
Yu Jin grinned, her Grandmothers’ methods of tough love always amused her.

Coming to a halt she put her hands on her hips and took some time to admire her surroundings. She’d spent every school holidays since she was little visiting her Grandparents here and was amazed at how unchanged everything was. She looked back up at the house which was gated off from the path and from this angle looked as if it were perched up on a hill.
Surrounding the house and sloping down around the path which ended at the entrance of the barn, were grass and trees. To the left and around the back of the barn was a large garden that stretched through the entire expanse of a small field, with stone and dirt paths all throughout. The garden was her Grandfathers pride and joy, all year round they’d plant all sorts of veggies and fruits to sell to local stores and every weekend at the farmers market.

Continuing down the path she paused, squinting as she saw movement behind one of the large lemon trees close to the entrance of the garden. The crouched figure who was busy planting something in the soil had his back to her, wearing green gardening gloves and a large straw hat.

“Harabuji” Yu Jin murmured, chuckling mischievously.

Making her steps lighter she jogged down the path and through the garden to the lemon tree, peeking around it, she double checked her presence was still unnoticed.

“GOOD MORNING!” she yelled, quickly pouncing on his back, wrapping both her arms securely around his shoulders and neck as he jolted forward slightly to support her weight. Smiling, she laid her cheek down on his shoulder and closed her eyes taking a moment to find some comfort in his warmth.

“Kim Yu Jin. What are you doing?” At the sound of her Grandfather, her eyes popped open to see him standing further across beside the entrance of the barn, holding some shears and a bucket.

Lifting her head, she smiled brightly at him “Oh! Good morning Harabuji!” she called. At her Grandfathers shocked expression she stilled. Why does he look…wait…Harabuji…Harabuji!?

in a sharp breath she turned her head quickly, shocked to find herself staring closely right into the eyes of an all too familiar face. Looking backward at her he smirked “Good morning” 

“Omo!” Startled, she shoved herself roughly off his back, back pedalling to the other side of the path, her cheeks she could feel already flushed with embarrassment. Oh God…

Looking down at her feet to hide her blush, she chanced a glance up and regretted it, seeing he had now risen to his feet and was dusting the dirt off his gloves with a smile of amusement. Unaffected, he inclined his head in greeting “Hello Yu Jin”

Kill me… just kill me…

"Hello Taecyeon Oppa” She responded shyly, bowing her head.

Her Grandfather walked up beside her and looked at both of them curiously “Everything okay?” he asked, turning so only Yu Jin could see he gave her a look that said “Have you gone nuts?”

Yu Jin cringed “Errr I…”

“You don’t have to worry” Taecyeon interrupted “Harabuhji I’ll take those” Stepping forward he took the garden tools from her Grandfather. Still looking suspicious, he nodded “Alright I’ll be over soon” dismissing him with a wave.

Taecyeon nodded and walked away down the path to another part of the garden. She stared after him, her nervous system making sure he was gone before it would calm. She'd liked him ever since they were 12 so since then he'd had that effect on her, the ‘Too nervous to talk” slash ‘Jittery all over’ effect. It didn’t help that they went to school together and it was made worse by the fact that his parents were neighbours and old family friends which meant he was always around during holidays helping her Grandfather in the garden.
When he was out of sight she felt her body and mood normalize. Yu Jin turned her attention to her Grandfather and studying him for a moment, burst into laughter wondering how she had confused them.
Taecyeon was 6 foot 2 and buff, her Grandfather was 5 foot 5 and... not so buff. She saw him frown in concern so she covered to stifle her laughs.

“I think your Grandmother's right” he muttered to himself, shaking his head.

Linking hands with him “About what?” she asked, using her other hand to hug his arm.

Looking up at her he cleared his throat and changed the subject “I see you got kicked out of the house again, trying to take over the kitchen? Used all the hot water?”

"Nope” she replied, rubbing his arm affectionately “Just wanted to spend some quality time with my favourite person”

Her Grandfather glanced at her “Oho so I’m guessing you want your favourite person to talk to his wife about letting you back in the house?”

Yu Jin lifted her finger to tap her cheek as if in deep in thought and then turned, looking at him seriously “But Harabuji, Taecyeon doesn’t have a wife”

Yu Jin held in her reaction until she saw his eyes widen. Before he could scold her she detached herself from his arm and ran away, giggling. Once she was a safe distance she turned briefly.
“Harabuhji I love you!” she called, blowing him a kiss she turned and continued up to the path.


 

Yu Jins grandfather watched as she went on her way “Really…That rascal…” he sighed. His Granddaughter had always been caring, cheekily good natured and affectionate. A little too affectionate He thought, recalling the scene just before between her and Taecyeon.

“So much like her Mother” he mused. He thought about how attached she'd become to her Grandmother and him over the last few years “I hope shes prepared…” he said, sighing once more he turned to go back to his gardening.

 

Xm_jd7cWPPAmHib98DOoNaG-e2tLIWzIHapYa6pQ

Yu Jins Grandparents House