Meet The Boys

BOY vs GIRL

 

 

AUGUST 6TH 2012 - 3 days until school starts

 

What are we don’t tomorrow?

What are we don’t tomorrow? Argh damn predictive text!

What are we doin “Its your turn” Wooyoung looked up to see Junho staring down at him, leaning against the pool table with one hand and holding up the cue next to his face for him to take with the other.

He spared it a glance but then lowered his head to re-concentrate on his text “Nichkhun can take it” Raising his hand he brushed the cue aside, needing to prioritise this text before Ji Nah went to sleep over taking his next turn.

What are we doing tomorrow? xo

Putting his phone in his jacket pocket he swivelled his stool, the pool hall whirring around his vision until he was back facing the pool table again. Since he was always so busy with Ji Nah it had been a while since he’d been here so looking around he took it all in again.

The pool hall was simple both on the inside and in name 'R.Ls Pool' a medium sized warehouse with grey carpet which had five pool tables, each with a couch, stools and speakers that played music. At the far end was a reception and bar and every inch of the walls were covered in decorative graffiti. He thought of when he brought his sister Gahee and boyfriend Junsu here and as an interior designer all she did the whole time was bug the owner about renovating. Junho found this place a couple of years ago while girl-prowling and since then they’d come most days after class and in holidays to blow off steam. It was a popular hangout for middle schooler guys but he hardly ever saw girls.

He would never bring Ji Nah here. It wouldn't be her scene.

Turning his attention back to the game he watched Nichkhun position himself over the table to aim his cue. Feeling a warm tickle in his ear he frowned, turning to find Junho grinning, standing beside him, bent down to his eye level “Arrrgh Junho!”

Reeling sideways on the stool and bringing his hand up to cover his ear in disgust, the truth dawning on him that Junho had just blown into it.

Junho laughed and straightened “Hyung how is it that i've made it to first base with you now and Ji Nah still hasn't?” he joked, turning to plonk himself to lay across the sofa directly behind his stool. Woo Young sighed This guy and his one track mind.

Swivelling, he faced him and shrugged “I don’t mind the wait” Which was the truth. Ji Nah wasn't too keen on skinship so the most they had ever done was link arms and hold hands a few times but that was fine for now. He was inexperienced and Ji Nah was his first girlfriend so waiting wasn’t a big change anyway.

Junhos mouth popped open disbelievingly “Hyung, Remember what i'm telling you right now. When you really like a girl you can’t help but do that stuff” he said pointing at him with one finger as if teaching him a lesson.“Right Hyung” He called over Wooyoungs shoulder.

“He’s better off without it” he heard Nichkhun say, turning at his voice just in time to see him pull a stool up beside him and sit down. Junho threw his head back and laughed incredulously “What lies are you feeding him?!” bringing his head back up, he paused and grinned, turning to look at Nichkhun.

After a moment of waiting Nichkhun frowned “What?”

Quickly swinging off the couch, Junho shot to his feet and reached out an arm to hook it tightly around Nichkhuns neck, pulling him playfully into a headlock.

Wooyoung smiled at the sight of Nichkhun grunting in surprise and agitatedly trying to get Junho to release him while still keeping his cool. Laughing, he reached across to pat Junhos shoulder in encouragement.

Junho loved to good naturedly push at their weaknesses so he often targeted him using Ji Nah and Nichkhun by creating a touchy feely fuss. It was annoying to whoever was on the receiving end but thankfully since it wasn't him this time he could relax.

Folding his arms he leaned back against the pool table and continued to watch his friends. These guys haven't changed one bit he thought, from the time he first met them until now, they were still the same.

Nichkhun had always been the well travelled, cynical, controlled one of the group. Known for being an effortless overachiever. Wooyoung could never figure out how every year he came to classes, never looking interested or taking notes but always ranked first in school in all his subjects. He was good looking too, that combined with his emotional unavailability had girls falling all over themselves for him. This meant he dated a lot casually but he hated it when girls got emotional or clingy though so it never lasted long. Junho on the other hand was the skinship mad, streetwise, jokester. Study wasn't his favourite thing but he was the most hardworking out of all of them when he had to be. His sociable nature made him the most popular and well connected of the group but it was his charm that made him the most popular amongst girls. The fact that he looked like a cuter, younger version of Bi Rain probably didn't hurt either. Junho loved it though and took full advantage, infamous for being a playboy and flirt.

“I'm warning you... let go”

“You're so cuddly that I don't want to”

“If you don’t want a beating let go while i'm asking nicely”

Wooyoung chuckled, knowing it would end soon either when Junho got a punch in the arm or when he got bored on his own and let go.

“Are we interrupting the love fest?” A familiar male voice drawled sarcastically from behind them.

Without having to turn around Wooyoung cringed in apprehension.

Here we go again