My Enemies Enemy

BOY vs GIRL

 

 

“Sue Ji are you out here?”

Yu Jin scanned the area “Just where on earth did she go?”

She’d excused herself from class to come look for her and had been lucky to catch a glimpse of her just as she gone outside but now she’d disappeared. Turning the corner, she searched but stopped when she saw Ji Nah leaning against one of the pillars. Even though her face was turned away she instantly recognised her hair.

Thinking of the trick she’d played on her in class she took a breath and walked up to her “Ji Nah we need to talk”

Yu Jin anger ebbed away when she saw Ji Nahs face stained with tears “Ji Nah you’re crying? what’s wrong?”

Swiping her eyes, Ji Nah sniffled and tried walking away but Yu Jin stood in front of her

“Wait!” looking around for her bag she realised she didn’t bring it so she rolled the sleeve of her school shirt down over her hand and cautiously reached up to dab her cheeks with it.

Ji Nah let her, like she was too upset to care “Ji Nah what’s wrong?” she asked.

Ji Nah just turned her face away. Yu Jin bit her lip with worry, Ji Nah was never an emotional person but there had always been one thing that always made her cry.

“Is it your parents? did they upset you?” she queried softly.

Ji Nahs face hardened “Don’t act like we're friends, we're not friends” she told her coldly, trying to go around her but Yu Jin wouldn’t let her.

“I just want to make sure you’re okay that's all. I know when your parents...”

"You don’t know anything” she said, cutting her off.

Yu Jin raised her hand to show her tear and mascara stained shirt sleeve “I know you’re not crying for nothing and you only ever cry when it comes to your parents”

“That's not the only thing I ever cry about” she told her bitterly.

Hearing this Yu Jin went quiet "I didn't..."

"Shut up" she said, roughly brushing past her toward the school entrance.

“Nana!” Yu Jin called loudly, turning around.

Hearing this Ji Nah stopped and slowly faced her “Do NOT call me that” she warned icily.

Yu Jin sighed and walked up to her “How long are you going to stay like that?”

“Like what?” she asked with a scoff.

Stopping in front of her she looked at her sadly “Lonely. Doesn't it get tiring?”

Ji Nahs eyes flared but she said nothing so Yu Jin continued “I know you think i’m the enemy but i’m not, I just want to make sure you’re okay”

Blinking up at her, Ji Nah took in a controlling breath and gritted her teeth “That. Is none of your business” she said turning to walk away from her again “and I don’t think you’re my enemy. I know you are”

Walking away from her Yu Jin let her go this time. It was the first full conversation they’d had in a long time and even though she still obviously hated her, she’d also seen glimpses of the Ji Nah she used to know too. There was still hope.

Watching her leave she waited a few moments and followed. Surprised at who she saw leaning against the pillar as she rounded the corner...