Time Out

BOY vs GIRL

 

 

AUGUST 8TH 2012 - 1 day before start of school

 

Nichkhun passed the ball over his guards head to Junho and watched as he caught it and then sidestep his guy defending the hoop. Running under the board he threw the ball up but the other guy swiped at it, hitting out of the court.

Frustrated, Nichkhun raised his arms behind his neck, controlling his reaction. Dammit these guys are killing us...

When they’d arrived at the courts they were already occpied so they’d set up a friendly game with the two guys already there but just because it was friendly, didn’t mean they wanted to lose.

Waiting for one of the guys to get the ball, Nichkhun glanced at their supposed sub Wooyoung, sitting on the bench at the sidelines staring moodily into space.

That’s exactly why you don’t fall for a girl, he thought bemusedly.

Walking over to him he signalled with his hands to the others that he was taking a timeout. Sitting down on the bench beside him he opened his water bottle and took a sip, watching him from the corner of his eye.

They’d shown up at his house this morning to find him in bed, covers over hiS head and refusing to get up. When his sister told them the reason why he was acting like that, he’d done what any friend would do and hauled him up by force while Junho threatened to strip him  and dress him if he didn't do it himself. He needed to man up and forget about it asap...

Both him and Junho were similar like that, their casual attitude towards dating meant they never never looked back when things ended with a girl. What was the point? Junhos motto was, If it doesn’t work get a new one. His was, If it doesn’t work who cares. 

Obviously, Wooyoung didn’t share their views because from his house to the courts all he’d done was mope making Nichkhun want to punch him.

He knew Junho kind of sympathized with him because he'd always thought Ji Nah was hot but Nichkhun had never liked her. They’d only met her a few times, accidentally running into her and Wooyoung on one of their 'dates' and sure she was hot but she was also big-headed and bossy, treating Wooyoung like a pet which disgustingly he didn’t seem to mind. Unaware or uncaring that whenever he was around her that he turned into a lovestruck pansy.

Picturing it Nichkhun sneered, there was no way he would ever act like that over a girl. He kept his mouth shut for Wooyoungs sake but as far as he was concerned him and Ji Nahs breakup was great news.

Hearing someone approach he looked up and saw Junho jogging over “What’s next?” he asked, taking Nichkhuns water bottle out of his hand for a drink "It's the last day of the holidays so let's do something" he said turning briefly to wave goodbye to the guys they were playing Basketball with.

“I’m hungry... drink your own” Nichkhun said standing and snatching his drink bottle back off him.

Laughing, Junho leaned over to Wooyoung and hit him in the shoulder to get his attention “Hyung, let’s go to the store and then go to mine to get my Moms car”

After a moment of silence, Wooyoung sighed and stood to his feet “Okay let’s go” he said uninterestedly, walking across the courts in the direction of the street without waiting for them to follow.