Serious About Sue Ji

BOY vs GIRL

 

 

“What do you wanna do after this? Should we go to R.Ls? Play some pool?”

“No” WHACK

“Xbox at mine?”

“No” WHACK WHACK

“Go get Wooyoung?”

“No” WHACK WHACK WHACK

“Pick up chicks?”

 

Nichkhun stopped punching the boxing bag and shot Junho a death glare which only made him chuckle. Sitting up  on the bench press, Junho wiped the sweat off his brow with a towel and got out his phone to start texting, pausing every now and again to wait for a reply.  

 

Nichkhun didn’t have to ask, to know who he was texting. His goofy grin told him all he needed to know because it was the same stupid one he’d had on his face since seeing Sue Ji yesterday.

It really grated on his nerves, his protective instincts going on overdrive at how close they’d become and how fast it’d happened. Junho always moved quick when it came to girls but not this quick...

 

“Hyung can you spot me some cash for a 2AM CD? They’re Sue Jis favourite”

“Why does Sue Ji have to call me Ajusshi just because her Dongsaeng doesn’t like her calling other guys Oppa. It’s stupid right Hyung”

“Sue Jis named the ducks at the park, how funny is that Hyung!”

“Hyung did you see how happy she was when I gave her the ring? Oh man I just can’t take it Sue Ji's just so cute”

 

Nichkhun scowled and turned his attention back on the punching bag. Pounding on it hard with his fists until his arm muscles hurt and he felt sweat run down the side of his face.

 

He had the nerve to buy her a couples ring after a few days of knowing her!? And she accepted it BOOF WHACK What  BOOF was BOOF she WHACK thinking!

 

“Woah Hyung! You’re gonna put a hole in that thing...” Junho pointed out.

 

Breathing heavy from exertion, Nichkhun stopped and looked at where he was punching to see the bag now had a big rip in it. He didn’t realize he’d been punching it that hard.

He glanced over at Junho to see him now concentrating back on his phone. His goofy grin irritatingly back in place.

 

That’s it. I’m done beating around the bush

 

Yanking at the straps of his boxing gloves, Nichkhun pulled them roughly off his hands and threw them at Junho so they hit him square in the stomach.

 

“Oof, Hey!” Junho cried, catching the gloves and nearly dropping his phone.

 

Nichkhun strode over and plonked down next to him “What was yesterday all about?” he asked between clenched teeth.

 

“Ay? What do you mean?”

 

“You and Sue Ji. Since when was there a YOU and SUE JI?” he asked impatiently.

 

Junho chuckled “Ah that? ever since I met her I’ve been texting her. Cute girl...” he trailed off dreamily.

 

“Just because she’s cute doesn’t mean you give her a couples ring” he growled.

 

“Why? It’s no different to how I’d treat every other girl” he told him with a grin.

 

“That’s my point! Sue Jis not like every other girl!” he barked, surprising both himself and Junho “I mean... not like that...it’s just” frustrated, he ran a hand through his hair. What the hell was happening to him?

 

Ignoring the awkwardness of it, he turned to Junho seriously “If you’re just out to have a good time with her then stop what you’re doing. Sue Ji’s not like the girls you and I usually play around with” he said simply “She’s pure, innocent and honest”

 

Junhos mouth popped open “Woah Hyung are you feeling okay?” he said putting a hand on his forehead teasingly “Or are you an alien that’s taken over my friends body? When it comes to chicks the real Nichkhun only says stuff like ‘I don’t have time for girls and their games’ and  ‘girls are all pains in the asses’” he said, deepening his voice to imitate him.

 

Nichkhun scowled and pushed his hand off “Cut the jokes, I’m serious. If she’s going to be like all the others then end it... before I do it for you” he warned.

 

Junho laughed but stopped when he saw Nichkhuns face “Errr wow okay...” Junho said, flustered by it “You’re serious?”

 

“Yes”

 

Junho looked away thoughtfully and then look back at him and smiled “I didn’t really think Sue Ji was telling the truth when she said you guys we're friends but I guess she was huh...You’re first female friendship. Hyung congrats!”

 

Nichkhun frowned. Was this what this feeling of protectiveness was? Friendship...

He sighed and got up to stand in front of him “Just end it with her before you hurt her” and I end up beating you for it...

Turning around, he picked up his towel to make his way to the gyms changing rooms.

 

“I am serious about her”

 

Nichkhun stopped instantly and turned back around to see Junho standing behind him with a look of dead seriousness on his face.

 

He narrowed his eyes “What did you just say?”

 

“I am serious about her” he repeated.

 

Nichkhun scoffed “I told you to cut the jokes”

 

Junho rubbed the back of his neck with embarrassment “Hard to believe right? but I am serious. I know enough about girls to know that Sue Jis different and I can’t treat her like the others. I gave her the couples ring because I really do like her and want to get to know her for real. I won’t pressure her to do anything she doesn’t want to do before she’s ready”

 

With an awkward smirk he clapped Nichkhun on the shoulder “Don’t worry Hyung” he said, walking behind him to the changing rooms.

 

Frozen in place, Nichkhun stared blankly at the place where Junho had previously stood and clenched his fists.

The news that Junho was going to treat Sue Ji properly should have made him happy but hearing what he had to say, Nichkhun felt his chest constrict with panic.

 

Nichkhun what the hell is happening to you!?