"I'll Be Back"

BOY vs GIRL

 

 

“Unni!”

Walking outside the back of the school and down the path toward the outdoor lunch area, Yu Jin smiled at Sue Ji waving her over to their usual lunch table. Sitting beside her, Yu Jin reached across with her free arm to give her a hug “How was class?” she asked.

“It was good. Professor Lim gave us a pop quiz and I got them all right” she said, before turning to reach into her backpack.

Yu Jin nodded with interest and then peered over Sue Jis lap as she pulled out a shopping bag full of food and emptied the contents onto the table.

Yu Jin grinned and reached across to catch an orange before it rolled off the table “Is this our lunch?” she asked her “Why’s there so much of it?”

Sue Ji looked down at the food pile “Well I wasn’t going to bring this much but then I remembered Seo Woo Unni. Where is she anyway?” she asked, looking past Yu Jin at the path for her.

Yu Jin remembered she'd had things to do but she couldn't help thinking it might have just been something she'd said because she was shy. Detaching herself from Sue Ji, Yu Jin stood and gave her a thumbs up “I’ll be back”

 


 

Yu Jin ran through the door of the cafeteria, pausing in bewilderment when she saw where Seo Woo was and who she was with “Ji Nah...Minyoung...Is she friends with them?” she murmured. She shook her head “No I would know her if she was”

She was tempted to walk over but thought better of it, knowing her presence wouldn’t be a welcome one. Sighing, she went to leave until she saw Jia step forward and out of nowhere push Seo Woo to the ground.

“Seo Woo Unni!” Shocked, Yu Jin thought of Seo Woos shy nature and instantly became angry so without thinking of the consequences, rushed over and grabbed the back of Ji Nahs arm.

“Apologize” she said firmly.

Glancing behind her, Ji Nah sneered at her and yanked her arm out of her grip “Don't touch me”

Yu Jin looked around her at Seo Woo who was now on her feet and staring at Ji Nah with a hurt expression. Glancing back up at Ji Nah, Yu Jin bit her lip trying to control her anger “Apologize” she repeated.

Ji Nah smiled mockingly “Defender of the innocent Kim Yu Jin, all this time you’ve been good at keeping your busy bodying to yourself but now” she nodded in Seo Woos direction “ for that random you regrow a backbone? Give me a break”   

Jia and Minyoung walked over to stand beside Ji Nah, both of them looking her up and down with contempt.

Yu Jin shook it off “She’s my friend... that’s what you do for your friends”

Smile gone, Ji Nah pursed her lips in annoyance “Really? how unexpectedly loyal” she said sarcastically.

Walking forward she brushed past Yu Jin, bumping purposely into her shoulder and giving her one last look of disgust before storming off and out of the cafeteria, followed by Jia and Minyoung who did the same.

Watching them leave, once they were gone Yu Jin hurried over to Seo Woo “Seo Woo Unni are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?”

Not getting a reaction she stepped close and grabbed her arms, gently shaking her “Seo Woo Unni are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?” she repeated.

After a moment Seo Woo glanced down at her and nodded, the look of hurt replaced by one of puzzlement “Have... have you said that to me before?” she asked her

Yu Jin raised her eyebrows “Well yeah. Just now. Unni did you hit your head on your way down?” she asked jokingly with a chuckle.

When Seo Woo continued to stare at her seriously, Yu Jins chuckles subsided. Remembering Seo Woos treatment at the hands of Ji Nah, Jia and Minyoung and how hurt she'd looked, she felt an overwhelming urge to make her feel better.

Getting an idea, Yu Jin grinned, grabbed Seo Woos hand and tugged her towards the entrance.

“Unni let’s go”

15707468.jpg

Cho Wons Outdoor lunch area (Yu Jin and Sue Jis table is the one on the bottom left) There's supposed to be a field on the left.