Mean Girls

BOY vs GIRL

 

 

Trailing the mall girls out the door, Wooyung stepped to the side and watched them through the lines students filing in and out of class while they disappeared around a corner, taking his hopes with them.

Blowing out a breath of frustration he headed in the opposite direction. They obviously didn’t know anything about him and Ji Nah otherwise they would’ve gossiped about it. Instead he had to endure reading notes insulting Ji Nah.

This left him with no choice but to try get the info he needed directly from Ji Nah, not knowing if he could do it without giving himself away.

Walking down some steps he found himself in a cafeteria, his breath hitching with excitement when he spotted Ji Nah in there heading over to a table. Followed closely by 2 girls, 1 with black hair the other with pink, he was guessing they were her friends but wasn’t sure since he'd never actually met any of them.

Wooyoung smiled and gathering up his courage made his way over.

 


 

Ji Nah leaned an elbow on the table to examine her nails while Minyoung and Jia sat down on either side of her.

“Your hair is so beautiful it’s grown alot” Jia told her, picking up a strand of her hair to examine it. Inwardly rolling her eyes,

Ji Nah glanced at her “Thanks... but why does yours look like candy floss threw up in it?”

Jia cringed and giggled nervously “Oh... does it?” she asked, bringing both hands up to clutch her head “Just trying something new...” she told her, trailing off with a pout.

Ji Nah ignored her and turned her attention on Minyoung, raising her eyebrows “Your earrings are nice” she told her flatly before turning her attention back on her nails.

Minyoung became excited “Really? That means alot thanks Nana...Oops!”

Jia gasped and Ji Nah narrowed her eyes at Minyoung, who now had both hands over . They were well aware how much she hated that stupid nickname.

“Hello” a voice said, interrupting her thoughts. Glancing up Ji Nah saw a girl she had never seen before, sitting in front her.

“Ah I’m um Seo Woo, Jang Seo Woo” the girl said, flashing her a smile

Who the hell are you? Ji Nah scoffed “I don't recall asking for your name”

The girl chuckled “Yeah I know sorry, you’re Ji Nah right? I just wanted to introduce myself. I’m new so I was hoping I could sit with you for lunch?”

Jia and Minyoung started sniggering and Ji Nah couldn’t help but smirk too. She was used to girls wanting to befriend her but if this Seo Woo thought she would be welcomed into her circle then she had another thing coming. 

She smiled at her “Seo Woo...you’re new?”

Smiling back, Seo Woo nodded “Yeah”

Ji Nah stood and walked around the table to look down at Seo Woo. Jia and Minyoung did the same.

Lowering her voice, Ji Nah made sure she could hear her distaste “I’ll let it pass just once since you’re new but don’t expect it again, this table...” Ji Nah said pointing at it “is where I sit so next time I come here make sure you're not sitting at it. Also, don’t talk to me unless I talk to you first”

Pivoting, Ji Nah turned to leave only to be blocked by Seo Woo who had jumped up from the table to stand in her path "Did I do something wrong?" she cried "All I want is to be friends with you guys”

Ji Nah frowned and said nothing. Aiming Jia and Minyoung a meaningful look she watched as Jia and Minyoung both approached her, Jia stopping in front of her while Minyoung stood behind.

Jia glared at her “Im Ji Nah? Us? Be friends with you? Don’t kid around”

Without warning, Jia shoved her backwards and over Minyoungs foot which she had stuck out to trip her up. Landing on her in the middle of the isle, Jia and Minyoung erupted into giggles while Ji Nah just stared down at her with boredom. Walking forward to step over Seo Woo she felt herself jerked backward by a hand on her arm.

 

“Apologize" a voice demanded from behind her.