Tempted

BOY vs GIRL

 

 

"Unni... where did you get this?"

Damn I’m done for, If only he’d left that thing in the alleyway where she’d given it to him.

“Where did I get that? From… my sister. My sister gave it to me” he told her lamely, cringing at how stupid his excuse sounded.

He glanced at Yu Jin to see her frown increase as she turned the elf in her hand to study it more closely “Your sister…” she murmured.

After a while she looked back up at him and nodded “Must be a trend to give these as gifts these days”

Wooyoung looked at her with surprise. You believed that?

“I used to have one but I gave it away” she continued, holding it out for him to take.

He took it but saw how fondly she was looking at it “Why did you give it away?”

“There was someone else who needed the cheering up”

So you gave it to me that day to cheer me up?

Remembering what Yu Jin told him the day Ji Nah broke up with him, he examined it but couldn’t see it. Sure it was cute but he didn’t get how it would bring anyone happiness.

“How’s it supposed to do that?” he asked “It’s just a figurine”

“Omo Unni you don’t know? That’s not just a figurine” she told him with surprise, pointing at his hand. Grabbing his arm, she crouched to the ground, pulling him down with her.

She took the elf from him and snuggled close so they were side by side “Unni watch” she told him, placing the elf on the ground.

Curious, he did as instructed amazed when he saw the elf dancing, exaggeratedly wiggling its hips and at them. It's a wind up toy?

When the elf stopped Yu Jin burst into a fit of laughter “Sooo funny!” she exclaimed, slapping her knees with amusement.

After watching for a while, Wooyoung started to chuckle. He wasn’t sure if it was the elf or Yu Jins reaction but either way both of them were cute.

Seeing how much Yu Jin liked the elf it dawned on him that it must have been a big deal to give it away, especially to him since he wasn’t very nice to her that day.

“Here” Guiltily, he picked it up and held it in front of her “You gave your one away so you take this one”

Stifling her laughs, she pushed his hand away “I don’t want it, your sister gave it to you”

No you gave it to me “Take it”

She shook her head so he held it closer “Just take it” he told her but she still wouldn't.

Starting to get frustrated, he turned until his knees were against the side of her legs “Hurry up and take it!” he said, trying to grab her hand but she kept pulling it away.

“Aiish!” he reached forward but misjudged how much he had to lean. Crumbling under his weight, he heard Yu Jin scream and to his shock suddenly found her underneath him, his hands braced on either side of her head.

“Yu Jin are you okay!?”

“Yep I’m okay”

Searching her face, he stilled at the warm feeling of having her beneath him and studied her.

Her eyes. Have her eyes always been this big? Her skin's smooth too. Her lips... smooth... pink... plump...

He leaned closer. Pretty...

RRRRRRIIIIIIINGGGG!

The bell went off suddenly snapping his attention back. He stared at her a moment longer before his eyes widened and with a grunt he pushed himself to his feet. What were you just about to do!? The only person you should be thinking about like that is Ji Nah!

Bending down to help her up quickly, once she was on her feet he released her and backed away.

She brushed herself off, looking at him curiously "What's the matter?"

He watched her lips as they moved and gulped.

"I'm going to class" he croaked. Turning around, he hurriedly made his way back into the building.

 


 

Yu Jin stared at the door in surprise as Seo Woo ducked back into the school without waiting for her. She sure was jumpy sometimes.

Dusting off her shirt, she moved down to her socks but paused to see the elf lying on the ground at her feet. She bent down to pick it up and examined it once more. She could've sworn it was the same one the Halmoni on the train had given her but that was impossible...

Running a finger over it she smiled, wondering about the heartbroken boy she'd given it to. Where he was... How he was... If his heart had been healed...