Eye Spy

BOY vs GIRL

 

 

“Are you feeling unwell?”

Climbing to the top of the stairs they headed towards the classrooms. Yu Jin studied Seo Woo, waiting for her answer but Seo Woo just shook her head and avoided her eyes, staring at other passing students and down other corridors as if looking for someone.

Glancing in the same direction “Are you looking for someone?” she asked her.

“No!” she exclaimed, turning her face but not looking at her.

Yu Jin raised her eyebrows in surprise “Okay that’s fine then” That’s strange... right from the time she’d woken her up until now she’d seemed jumpy. Maybe it was nerves because she was new.

Seo Woo cleared “Sorry” she said.

Yu Jin smiled, Most probably because of nerves.

Shaking her head she patted her on the arm “Don’t worry, it’s not a big deal” she told her, changing the subject she dropped her hand “What’s your first class? i’ll walk you there”

Glancing at the spot where Yu Jin had placed her hand, Seo Woo reached into her blazer pocket. Taking it out she handed her schedule to her and resumed looking around.

Opening it, Yu Jin nodded “Okay so math with Professor Baek and then history with Professor Song” She handed the paper back to Seo Woo “All your classrooms are really easy to find apart from the science labs around by the boys dorms but you’re in my class for that so we can just go together”

Putting it back in her pocket she shook her head “It’s okay, I can find it on my own”

Yu Jin faced her “Omo! Unni do I smell bad? Is that why you don't want to go with me?”

Finally looking her in the eye Seo Woo stopped “Excuse me?” she said.

Yu Jin smiled and pointed at her “Aha! I got you look at me” she said “you’ve been avoiding looking at me right?” using the finger she was pointing with she poked Seo Woo teasingly in the arm.

Realizing what had happened, Yu Jin saw a quiet “Aiiish” making Yu Jin chuckle.

Even though she was a bit awkward and quiet, there was something endearing about her that she liked. Continuing to walk, they travelled in silence for a minute but Yu Jin could see Seo Woo glance at her every now and again in her peripherals, like she wanted to say something.

“How do you...” At the sound of Seo Woos voice she turned her head to look at her and to her amusement when she met her eyes she looked away again “know my name and that i’m older than you”

“Sue Ji”

Seeing Seo Woos expression, Yu Jin laughed “She's great, you’ll get used to her” she told her.

Turning into another corridor Yu Jin stopped just before an open doorway on her left and Seo Woo did the same “First stop Math” she said brightly, indicating the entrance.

Seo Woo smoothed down her fringe “Thanks” she said, before stepping forward to enter the classroom.

Suddenly remembering something Yu Jin stepped forward, putting herself in the entrance to stop her from going in

Oh wait I forgot... Ahhh!”

Bumping into Seo Woo but feeling like she had hit a brick wall, Yu Jin stumbled back. Instinctively she reached forward to grab something to stop herself from falling...