Chapter Nine

Faking Innocence

Taeyang starred in awe letting his mouth drop open as he tried to soak up the scene. He watched as Minzy sang her heart out with a smile plastered on her face. He watched as she sang looking out to the crowd until their eyes met. Her smile faded as she starred at him making him feel a little uncomfortable. Taking the hint he grinned at her before quietly exiting the building.

 

Taeyang watched as Minzy entered and took a seat at her usual table to eat her lunch. He took the opportunity to sit across from her with a big smile, "Hey Minzy."

She bit her lip as if trying to control her anger as she spoke through gritted teeth, "What do you want?"

"I just wanna eat my lunch," he continued to smile as he placed his lunch onto the table. Minzy scratched her head out of frustration, before gathering her things to leave. Without any word she got up and left. This caused Taeyang to get up and walk after her. "Where are you going you don't want to eat your lunch? You need all the strength you can get to get through the long days of college."

She pivoted on one foot to face him and Taeyang came to an abrupt halt. She stood glaring at him before taking hold of his wrist and pulling him into an empty hall way. "What the hell do you want?!"

He sighed, "I wanna apologize for reading your text. You were right, I shouldn't have done that."

"It's cool, so stop bothering me."

Taeyang cocked an eye brow up at her, "Who are you?"

"What? You already know who I am. Why are you asking me that," she asked in disbelief.

"I don't know. You go from innocent at school. To a bad girl at the party on Friday. Then back to an good girl singing at church. Back to being a bad girl and pushing me away."

"Enough, don't talk about Friday. It never happened just like this conversation," Minzy gave him a look as to warn him before turning to walk away.

"What do you mean Friday never happened? From what I recall you danced, you drank, and you were with what's his name..."

Minzy put her hand over his mouth to hush him as she looked around, "Ssshhh! What are you trying to do black mail me?! What do you want?"

He waited until she removed her hand to answer her, "Be my girlfriend."

"WHAT?!"

"You heard me, be my girlfriend and we'll call it even."

"I can't!"

"Why not," Taeyang asked.

"It's complicated."

"Try me."

"Minzy what's going on," someone asked causing them both to look and see who it was.

"Hey Dara," Minzy smiled.

Dara smiled at Minzy and it soon faded as she looked to Taeyang, "Why are you bothering her?"

"We have class together and we were just discussing about that. But why does it even matter what we talk about," Taeyang asked.

"Leave her alone. Are you gonna try and make her fall in love with you, because it won't work she's smarter than that," Dara glared.

"Dara don't be little yourself," he coughed a laugh.

She slapped him hard across the face, "How's that for be littling?!" Dara caught ahold of Minzy's wrist, "Let's go."

Taeyang held his cheek as he watched Dara pull Minzy away. Minzy looked back at him and he could've sworn he saw a hint of concern in her eyes. He gave her a reassuring smile that he was okay before she turned back letting Dara drag her away.

 

Taeyang held an ice pack to his face as he starred at the tv. His phone went off and he looked to see it was Minzy...

Taeyang are you okay?

He smiled as he began to text her back, I'm fine. Are you okay you're texting me haha

Haha...that's good. Talk to you later.

Wait you can't just text me and end it at that, He shook his head knowing he couldn't let her go too easily.

Well what do you want me to say? Sorry that you got what you deserved?

Ouch that hurt haha...no maybe you can tell me if you're going to be my girl or not.

After a few minutes he finally received a reply, I already told you my answer. Plus you don't even know me.

It's complicated, but of course you'll be my girl. Okay! That's what dates are for.

No that's not what I meant. Taeyang please stop this.

Stop what?

Within seconds Minzy began to call his phone. He smiled to himself before picking up the phone, "Hello?"

"Taeyang what do you want from me?"

"A date."

"Why?"

"Because."

"Because what?"

"Because I want to get to know you," it was half true. Over the past few days he had become interested in figuring her out, but it was all because of the stupid bet in the first place.

"No you don't."

"Yes I do."

"No...you don't," she spoke louder into the phone. "Anything but that!"

"Then tell me this. What are you to Dara?"

She went quiet before answering, "I live with her. Now leave me..."

"You live with her?! Since when?!"

"Why does it matter to you?"

"I...well did she ever mention me to you?"

"No."

He coughed a laugh somewhat offended, "Okay."

"Why?"

"No reason, we were just close friends."

"Well from the incident today, your friendship went sour."

"You can say that."

"Taeyang..."

"Yeah?" It went silent for a moment and Taeyang grew a bit worried at her sudden silence. "Minzy?"

"Hmm..."

"What's up?"

"I..." she sighed. "Don't do this. If you know what's good for you, just leave me alone. Please."

"But..." before he could respond she hung up. He tried to call her back, but she wouldn't answer. Then he tried sending her a couple of texts and still no response. "Minzy why are you trying to make this more complicated than this needs to be," he sighed giving up on calling her.

 

Author's Notes:

Yeah this chapter is kinda lame. I will try to make the next better. But thanks for reading anyways! <3