Chapter Twenty

Faking Innocence

Taeyang couldn't wrap his head around the fact that Minzy didn't care if he cheated on her. It was fascinating to him that a girl like her actually existed. He could sleep with another woman just as long as he was clean and Minzy would be okay with that. He sighed as he tried to shake off the thoughts of him over analyzing things. But who could blame the poor guy, he had so much free time on his hands from not having to wait on her every step. At first it was somewhat annoying that he had to pamper every girl he dated by being there to praise her every step, but Minzy didn't like such attention. This left him feeling like a useless boyfriend, but what else could he do? He grinned to himself as a brilliant idea came to mind. Looking to the time he smiled seeing that if he left his apartment now he'd make it to Minzy's church services right on the dot.

He grinned to himself as he made his way through the small packed chapel. It seemed a little more full from the previous time he'd come, but luckily he was able to find just enough room on one of the back benches. Scanning the chapel in hopes to spot Minzy, he didn't see anyone. He sighed figuring that she was probably back with the choir warming up before the service started. At the thought, a door opened and people dressed in black choir robes filed in. He grinned to himself as he watched one by one walk out and take their places at the stand. It felt like an eternity of waiting, until he saw Dara and then Minzy come in at the very end. The two were chatting away as they took their seats at the front until the pastor walked up to greet everyone.

Taeyang was mesmerized by Minzy who would shout out praises with the choir to back their pastor up during his seremon. She looked happy and seemed to be proud to shout praises to the Lord. "Thank you, thank you. Now if you'd please put your hands together, we'd like to hear some praises from our lovely choir and band," the pastor nodded to the choir director who stood up ready to motion to his choir to stand as the crowd cheered.

Taeyang clapped along with the crowd as he watched Minzy step forword to take the microphone in her hands as the band took their places. Minzy turned to nod to the director who pointed towards the band to start. The guitarist along with the drummer started to play as Minzy swayed along with her choir members, "Today we're going to sing Lauryn Hill's- Tell Him. We hope you enjoy." With that little introduction, Minzy let the melody take her away, "Uh...sweet, sweet, sweeet...tell him...oooo." He was in a trance from the beginning as her deep luring voice echoed into the mic. The melody sounded familiar and he tried to figure out where he had heard the song before. He smiled to himself as he realized that this was the song that Minzy was listening to as she was sleeping in the library. Her sweet voice echoed as the choir raised their arms as Minzy did so. She was like a whole other person as she sang her heart out, "Tell him I need him, tell him I love him..." The audience soon were on their feet, causing Taeyang to do the same so that he was able to see her. As Minzy faded out in the last note, everyone cheered along with Taeyang. It was moved him to hear her sing so beautifully and he couldn't help but want to stay for the rest of the service to congradulate her.

 

"Great job today Minzy," a guy from the congregation along with many other guys came up to congradulate her. It didn't help that they all looked about their age and had the look of wanting to devour her on the spot.

"Thanks Junho," Minzy chuckled as she embraced him tightly.

"You should let me take you out tonight to celebrate," he grinned.

Taeyang quietly watched as he awaited her answer. Would she say yes? Though she had promised him that she would see him later on that night, he wasn't so sure she would keep her promise seeing how touchy feely she was with that guy. "Maybe another time. I have other things to do tonight."

"Damn girl you're always blowing me off. When do I get a chance to get with you," he pouted.

She grinned as she hugged him again, "Junho I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship by dating you. I think you're way too important to me. I need a guy like you to stay in my life."

Taeyang felt his chest tighten at Minzy's comment. He didn't understand why, but he quietly turned to make his way out. He scolded himself for wanting to congradulate her, he knew his gut feeling told him it was a bad idea and sure enough it was.

"Excuse me son," a voice called making Taeyang turn to see the pastor. "I'm Pastor Park," he extended his hand forward.

"I'm Taeyang," he accepted it with a firm hand shake.

"Nice to meet you Taeyang, I saw you out in the audience today and I think I've seen you come by before. I could tell you were enjoying our choir."

"Yeah they did pretty good."

"Well feel free to come by next week if you'd like," the pastor smiled.

"Pastor Mrs. Lee would like to speak to you," a woman walked up to the pair.

"Oh I apologize son, but I must go. Hope to see you next week," he waved goodbye as he followed the woman away.

Taeyang sighed as he watched the pastor leave before he turned to leave. As he was making his way to the car someone was calling his name. He paused to see Minzy running his way in a royal blue short dress. "Taeyang," she breathed as she came to a stop in front of him. "Wha..."

"Great job on your performance, I'll see you later on tonight," he grinned as he turned to leave Minzy somewhat puzzled by his quick leave.

 

Taeyang tried to keep himself occupied with homework, but could barely concentrate as the thoughts of the last thing Minzy said to that Junho friend of hers. Sighing he took out his phone and stared at it debating whether or not to text her. It was getting later in the day, which meant that Minzy would come by some time soon, but he wasn't so sure if he wanted to see her. 

After having a little inner battle with himself he finally decided that maybe it was best not to see her that night. He needed a little time to himself to figure out why he was so...he didn't really have a word to explain it, but he knew that tonight wasn't a good night to see her.

Minzy I'm not feeling so good tonight, I'll see you tomorrow at school okay? Goodnight and great job today.

Really? Alright, well I'm tired anyways so I'll see you tomorrow I guess.  

He read her reply and coughed a laugh, "Wow what an inconsiderate girlfriend I have. She didn't even ask if I was okay or if I needed anything. Not even a goodnight?! Unbelieveable!" Tossing his phone on his bed he sighed as he made his way to the shower.

 

As Taeyang walked out of the shower, his phone went off and he looked to see it was a message from Top.

Hey man what are you up to tonight? Can I stop by?

Right after he had read the text a knock came at the door. He coughed a laugh as he made his way to the door, "I don't even know why you asked if..." As he swung the door open he was surprised to find Minzy leaning up against his door frame.

"Hey," she grinned.

"Uh...Minzy...wha...what are you doing here," he asked as he held his towel at his waist tighter.

She chuckled as she reached out and placed the back of her hand onto his forehead and then onto his cheek, "Hmm..." He was so confused at how quickly his heart was starting to pick up at a simple touch. Her hand then went to his bare chest letting her fingers dance across it, "It doesn't feel like you're sick."

"Hmm..." was all he could mumble as he felt her fingers dancing farther and farther down.

She gave his towel a light tug, making him grip it tighter, causing her to chuckle, "Did you want me to make you feel better tonight?"

Biting his lower lip as she stepped forward pressing her body up against his bare chest, he stumbled back allowing her into the apartment. "Uh...it's okay. I'm fine I just need some rest. But...uh...thanks for stopping by." He walked back to the door and held it open for her in hopes that she'd take the hint to leave.

But she shook her head as she shut the door and took his hand guiding him over to his bed, "No you've been a good boy this week and I want to make sure you feel better." Tugging on his towel to reveal his ness she grinned as she pushed him onto the bed and began to strip down.

Even though his excitement was growing with every piece of clothing being taken off, he did his best to have some kind of self control, "M...Minzy let's do this another time. I really..."

Before he could finish she was already done being undressed with a devilish smirk on her face as she crawled over him to where she was face to face with him. "Let's save the talking for later and enjoy the moment alright," she purred as she pressed her body against his making him lose the last of his resolve.

 

 

Taeyang scolded himself in the morning for being so weak willed and letting Minzy taking control. There was no talking, well talking as in conversational wise, as Minzy left earlier that morning to leave to get ready for school. Today he definitely made it a goal to talk with Minzy and straighten out whatever he was feeling.

 

"So I'm guessing you were busy last night," Top asked as he fell into step with him.

"Huh? Oh...yeah," Taeyang nodded. "Man we seriously need to talk. My girl is seriously confusing me."

"What do you mean?" He sighed as they made their way through the halls as he explained what happened yesterday. "So...what's confusing again besides the fact that you tried to make her leave instead of gettin it on?"

He sighed as he shook his head, "I don't know man. I just...don't understand why she makes me feel so...so...I was hurt when she told that Junho friend of hers that she would never date him because he means too much to her and I was scared to her, but then I did it anyways because when I looked her in the eyes I was feeling so..."

Top stopped in his tracks as he gave his friend a serious look, "Don't say it."

"Say what? What was I going to say?"

Top shook his head as he took Taeyang by the shoulders to look him in the eyes, "Don't say what I think you're going to say."

"And what would that be? Because I can't seem to figure out what I..." his voice trailed off as realization hit. "No, it can't be..."

"Man you need to break it off with her. You've taken this too far."

Taeyang felt like he had ran into a brick wall as he stood wide eyed at all the emotions and moments that had lead him up to this moment he was going through. Fear started to seep through him as the image of Minzy's face appeared in his mind.

"Taeyang listen to me," Top said as he shook him.

"Huh?"

"Dump her! You hear me?! You have to dump her! This little game is going a little too long."

"I..." he brushed off his friend as he walked away. "I just...need some time alone."

"Don't think too much into it man, just do it," Top called after him as he walked away.

 

Taeyang found himself in the library siting at the table where Minzy always studied. He didn't know why he was lead there, but he figured it would be a good place to think things through since it was usually quiet. As he sat in silence his phone went off.

Are you ditching class? I saw you in the library when I went to go return my book. Don't be a dumb and ditch in the school library.

He smiled as he quickly text her back, Don't tell me how to ditch my classes!

Get your to class or I'll come over and drag you there!

Yeah right, he shook his head as he sat reading the texts from Minzy. She sure had a way with words.

Feeling a tap on his shoulder he looked to see it was none other than the girl who was texting him, "Get up and get to class!"

He grinned as she stared at him with all seriousness, "What?"

Minzy sighed, "What are you doing? It doesn't look like you're studying or anything."

"Why would it matter if I go to class or not?"

"Because I don't date dumb asses..." she paused as she chuckled to herself. "Nevermind I've dated a few."

"A few," he cocked an eyebrow up at her.

She shrugged her shoulders as she nodded, "Yeah I had my share, which I know you've had your share too."

He chuckled and nodded, "Yeah."

"Now get up and get to class, don't let your college money go to waste," she nudged his shoulder. "Not everyone is as fortunate as us to be here right now."

He grinned as he stood to face her, "Really?"

Minzy mirrored his grin as she pushed at his chest, "Yeah, so get to class!" With that she turned to leave to her class, leaving Taeyang to think about what she had just said.

 

Taeyang seemed to breeze by all his classes that day and before he knew it he found himself getting ready to head home. "Hey man have you talked to her yet," Top asked as he followed him out to the parking lot.

"Yeah I talked to her."

"And what happened?"

Taeyang sighed as he made his way to his car, "But I didn't talk to her about that."

"Then what did you talk to her about?"

"Just about school."

Top stopped as he gave him a hard look, "Taeyang..."

"I know, I know. I'm gonna do it," he waved him off as he jumped into the car.

"You better," Top continued to hold the hard look on his face.

 

Taeyang smiled to himself as he received a text from Minzy saying that she would be coming by later to see if he really went to class. He gave her a teasing text back as he was heading up to his apartment to run right into someone. "Oh sorry...Daesung?"

Daesung held a hard look on his face as he nodded behind him revealing a black SUV behind him. "Get in," Teddy shouted from the drives seat.

Taeyang grew nervous as the back door flew open and Deuk jumped out waiting for him to enter.

 

Author's Notes:

Sorry for the long awaited update, busy with work. Hope you enjoyed the update and thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting! <3