Chapter Twenty-eight

Faking Innocence

Taeyang was taken back to five years within seconds as the woman of his very dreams stood before him, "M...Minzy..."

She bowed deeply before nodding, "Ms. Gong thank you. Welcome back, glad to have you here." She turned to Taeyang's father which she bowed deeply to as well, "Good morning sir, how are you this morning?" 

"Great Ms. Gong, please have a seat next to me," Taeyang's father spoke so formally to her. 

Taking his seat on the other side of his father, he did his best to stay focused on the task at hand, but he couldn't help but find himself taking glances of her. "Son do you have something you want to add. You've been awefully quiet," his father brought him into the discussion. 

"Umm...no sir the overseas companies are doing well," Taeyang coughed hoping that's why his father was asking for.

"I would like to beg to differ," Minzy interjected. "According to my research and studies our overseas companies could double our profits if we changed our market." 

Taeyang was startled by her interjection, but more so by the fact that she was actually talking to him. "And what do you suggest?" 

Everyone around the table began mumbling before his father cut in, "Son did you not study up on the file I sent you?"

It was then that it hit him, "I did and I would like to say I disagree to her research. I've been out there. I've seen how things are being run..."

"Then what do you sugguest Mr. Dong," Minzy spoke up. "You've been overseas for five years yet we haven't seen an increase in our profits." 

So Minzy was the one making the suggestions to Mr. Gong as of lately, "Ms. Gong I can assure you that what your research is telling you is half the story."

"Then please enlighten us, so that we may know as to what your observations have led you to believe," she challenged him. 

Straightening up he gladly accepted, expressing his views to her proposal of change. To which she came back with questions and yet more of her so called research, that he found himself being able to answer. "Does that make sense to you Ms. Gong?" 

She nodded with a shrug, "Though I see where you are coming from I still don't see why we can't go along with my proposal..."

"Ms. Gong I can assure you that abandoning such ways will only leave our companies in uproar and confusion. Why would we do such thing," he countered. "In my opinion what you're suggesting is that we just pick up and leave without a word but only a letter that doesn't say where you're going or how I can find you!" 

The room grew quiet, before Minzy spoke up, "So it sounds like there are no flaws to the proposal just the person who is presenting the proposal is that correct? If that is the issue, I will send a representative in my place for the upcoming meeting if you cannot see past the presenter."

Taeyang sighed, before he turned to his father with an apologetic look. "I apologize for my son's behavior Ms. Gong. I will further discuss this with him and get back to you." He then turned to the group to address the rest, "We'll adjourn this meeting until next week thank you." 

As the group began to exchange farewells, Taeyang only sought out the one person he really wanted to see. Making his way towards her, his father stepped in front of his way, "Do not embarass me!" Before he could continue, someone else came to bid farewell allowing him his escape. 

Quickly making his way after her, he was able to catch up to her before she got into her limo, "Ms. Gong..."

She paused before turning, "Yes Mr. Dong?" 

Taeyang stood speechless as he stared into her deep chocolate orbs, "I..." 

"Yes?"

"I...I would like to take you out to lunch sometime to apologize," he was able to spill out as he gazed upon her face. 

Grinning she shook her head, "It's quite alright. You don't owe me anything."

"But it's the least you could do for me," he spoke with pain than intended to. 

Minzy grew quiet before nodding, "Fine, you can get ahold of me through my secretary." 

"Yes," he cheered as he opened her door for her. "I will do that. Goodbye Ms. Gong..."

She half smiled before getting in her limo, "Goodbye Mr. Dong."

Standing in place, he watched her limo drive off, "Goodbye Minzy..."

 

Taeyang smiled as he made his way towards his office. Asking to be connected to Ms.Gong's office he watied until someone picked up. "Hello this is CL the secretary of Ms. Gong how may I help you?" 

"CL like the CL who is like Minzy's sister from the streets CL," Taeyang asked in disbelief.

"Umm...may I ask who is speaking?"

"Hey CL this is Taeyang, I'm not sure..."

"Taeyang?! Taeyang what are you doing calling? Are you trying to get me fired," CL teased. 

He laughed as he continued, "No no, I would just like to set up a lunch with Ms. Gong." CL went quiet for a moment, making him think she had hung up, "Hello?"

"Hey Mr. Dong I'd like to apologize, but her schedule is booked for the next three months."

"For the next three months? Is there any way I could be squeezed in..."

"Taeyang," CL whispered into the phone as if she didn't want anyone to hear. "Don't do this. Please leave Minzy alone. She's been through enough. If you knew what was best for the both of you, you'd leave her alone."

"I think I can handle myself thank you very much," he said a bit hurt by her words. "Will you please schedule me a lunch with Ms. Gong?" 

"No I won't, it's the best for the both of you. Sorry Taeyang," CL said before hanging up on him. Amazed by her rudeness, it wasn't going to faze him. He was going to talk with Minzy if it was the last thing he did. 

 

Not wasting any time, he cleared his schedule and made his way to Gong empire. But it was short lived as he was blocked by the guards. "Mr. Dong what are you doing here?"

"Hey twins, long time no see. I'm just here on official business..." 

"No you're not, we were told that you would be coming," Jay stepped forward. "You can't be here, especially if our boss finds you here." 

"I'm sure Ms. Gong won't mind my presence..." 

Jay shook his head, "You know who I'm talking about. Our head of security will be here within the hour and he's not as kind as we are. So get outta here man." 

Taeyang coughed in disbelief, "Why are you all being like this to me?! I just want to talk to her!" 

"Did you hear them? You shouldn't be here," a voice thundered from behind. Turning Taeyang was met by Top, "Please man don't make this harder than it needs to be. You need to leave before my brother gets here." 

"Are you ting me?! Top please man, tell Minzy I want...no I need to talk to her," Taeyang begged. 

"I can pass the message on. What is it..." 

"No...NO!" Taeyang began to pace back and forth. "I need to talk to her! Please!" 

"I can't..." 

"Top I'm going out of my ing mind! Please let me see her...PLEASE!"

"If you don't leave I'm going to have to you up," Daesung arrived with Teddy. 

Top stepped forward to stop the group, "Please let me handle this!"

Teddy scoffed, "We can see you're handling it very well." 

Seeing that they were a bit distracted, Taeyang tried to dash for the doors. Running past them, he was stopped at the stairs, "You just don't know when to ing quit." There Dara stood with her hands on her hips, "Follow me you !" Raising her hand to stop the men, she led Taeyang up the stairs and towards the elevators. The ride up the elevator was quiet. Taeyang was impressed with just how timeless Dara looked. She hadn't aged a day he thought to himself as he followed into what was labeled as her office. "Have a seat," Dara gestured to the seat before her desk. Sitting across from him she half grinned before reaching into one of her draws and pulling a thick file out. Placing it before him she nodded, "This was made especially for this day." 

Opening the file he was surprised to see a lawsuit, "Are you ing serious?!" 

Dara rolled her eyes before reaching into her desk and pulling out another file, "She said I would need this."

Taeyang scoffed in disbelief, "This is not necessary..."

One by one Dara began to toss various photos before him, "Here's a few photos of you trying to find her location five years ago. Stalking her home, her friends, and even trying to bribe different people for any clues of her whereabouts." 

"Dara I just wanted an explanation..." he waved her off. "You know what, I don't have to explain myself to you. This is between me and Minzy..."

Growling as Dara once again reached into her drawer she pulled out yet another file, "Minzy has a reputation to uphold. Unlike you, who went overseas to party it up, she was here working her way to the top."

Speechless at all the photos of his many adventures of strippers and the party life over the past five years, he grew quiet, "You know...I can counter sue you for harassing me and especially stalking me as well. She has no right to question what I did over the past five years!"

"She's not questioning, she just wants to be left alone! Don't you get it Taeyang, she doesn't want a man like you in her life. She has worked so hard to get to where she is today, please don't ruin it for her," Dara asked in a more softer tone. 

But Taeyang wasn't having any of it, "Ruin her? I'm going to destroy her." Standing to his feet, he glared at Dara, "Tell your boss if it's a war she wants, it's a war she'll get."

Before Dara could get in another word, her phone rang. Taeyang stood still as Dara quickly answered it, all the while staring back at him. He watched as she cupped her hand over the phone to whisper into it. Sighing, Dara shook her head before hanging up, "Well it's your lucky day. The boss wants to see you." A small victorious grin appeared across his lips as he followed Dara back to the elevator and up to top floor. As the doors opened Dara stood in place as she glanced over to him and nodded with a smirk, "Good luck!" Shoving him out she waved a goodbye before flipping him off. 

"Childish," he scoffed as turned down the small hall to where two guards stood. Turning to open the door and allow him into a spacious office. Walking in, he saw the woman he had been looking for staring out the window. 

Moving towards her, he stopped a ways noticing her still staring out the window. "Was five years too soon for you," her voice sliced through the quiet air as she stayed staring out. "Taeyang..." she finally turned to acknowlege his presence.

"Too soon for what," he asked as he tried to gaze into her eyes.

Sighing, she turned from him and took a seat at her desk, "To do busy of course, what else were you expecting?"

Taking a seat in front of her, he noticed how cold her eyes were along with her words, "You know what I was expecting..."

"A sorry? Is that what you need to move on? I'm sorry for whatever happened five years ago..."

Taeyang was in disbelief at how heartless she was being. She didn't mean a word she was saying at the moment and he wasn't going to take it. Raising his hand to stop her, he sent her a glare, "First off don't speak to me as if I'm some ing client! Second, how dare you! How dare you leave me with nothing but a measily letter! I deserved more than just a thanks for all the s?! You really need to work on your writing skills..."

Minzy folded her arms over her chest and yond, "Are you done?" 

"No I'm not you sick ," he hissed. "You and I both know what we had was more than that. To just leave me like that, I think you're a coward. We could've been..."

"Married," Minzy chuckled at the thought. Glancing at her watch she looked at him uninterested, "Taeyang don't I owe you lunch?" He held back his next assault and listened to what she had to say. She stood on her feet and squared up to him. Only a breath away, he stood still as she stared deep into his eyes. It was then that a saw a glimmer of the girl he lost years ago. She gave him a crooked smile as she reached up to fix his collar before leaning in to kiss his cheek. Pressing her lips to his ear she softly whispered, "I aIready made reservations for tonight. I hope you don't mind that it's a dinner rather than lunch."

He became slightly excited as if she had said something naughty to him, "Well..."

She softly chuckled before blowing on his ear, "See you tonight you little ." Pushing off of him, she made her way back to her desk, "Dara will fill you in so if you don't mind I have some work to attend to."

A little unsettled, he could only nod before making his way out. Very smooth he thought to himself. Hopefully tonight he can make a better impression.

 

Author's Notes:

 I totally understand that my updates are random. I hear ya'll out, I'll do my best to update as soon as I can. But I can't promise a strict timeline, my writing doesn't pay my bills. Life comes at you fast and I will try to fit in writing when I can. Thanks for reading!