Chapter Thirty Nine

Faking Innocence

Taeyang placed the dark shades over his eyes as he approached the door. Knocking he sighed as he listened to the footsteps coming. Giving his best effort, he grinned as the door was opened, "Hey are you ready buddy?" 

"Where are we going," Minzy asked as she stood with lil Tae in hand. 

He sighed yet again as he glanced over to the protective mother, "Minzy my son and I are going for away for a week. We talked about this..."

"That's gonna stress me the out even more," she hissed. 

"It's to help you have a clear conscious on wedding planning while I spend some quality time with him," he reminded her. 

"Why all the sudden? Why can't I go," she frowned. 

As much as he wanted to tell her to come with, he stood strong, "I just really need to do this." 

Her frown deepened as she sighed and knelt down to face her son, "You're gonna go have fun with daddy okay? Be nice to him alright?" To which their son nodded and before jumping in his mother's arms to hug her tight. "Be good." 

"Come on son," Taeyang mumbled as he held his hand out to him. Seeing the hesitation in his eyes, he grinned as he nodded for him to take his hand. Watching as Minzy encouraged her son to take his hand, the young boy stumbled forward and placed his small hand in his. "We'll be back in a week."

"Okay, call me if you need anything," Minzy called after them as she watched them get into the car before driving off. 

 

The ride to the airport was quiet as lil Tae sat staring out the window. Luckily for the music, it filled the silence between them. Taeyang didn't realize just how quiet his son was until they were sitting in the airport waiting to board their plane. "Where are we going," lil Tae asked as they started to board the plane. 

"We're going on a trip," Taeyang replied as he buckled his son in. 

"But...but what about mommy," lil Tae asked as he peered out the window. 

"Mommy isn't coming with us, it's gonna be me and you," Taeyang tried to make it sound exciting. 

"Oh," lil Tae simply said before bowing his head. Sighing deeply he began to fiddle with his fingers. 

Taeyang hated to see the disappointment in his son's face and wondered what to say, "Don't worry Tae we're gonna have so much fun!" 

"I know mommy wants to have fun too," the little boy countered. "Why couldn't she come with us?" 

"Because it's a boys only trip," Taeyang sighed at what felt like the millionth time his son had asked about his mom. "Trust me son we're gonna have lots of fun." 

 

Taeyang didn't get a wink of sleep on the flight with lil Tae being so active. Lil Tae kept him on his toes as he complained of being hungry and thirsty every thirty minutes to needing to go the bathroom thirty minutes later. Not to mention the repetitive questions about what is mom was doing and why she couldn't come. He was physically and mentally drained as he dropped onto the bed. 

"I'm not tired. Can we go swimming," lil Tae asked as he began to jump on the bed. 

Grumbling after they had litterally just flown half way across the world, Taeyang pushed himself up and sighed, "Aren't you tired? We just flew for an entire day and..."

"I'm not tired! I wanna go swimming," lil Tae whinned. "Let's...go...let's....go," little Tae jumped harder on the bed making Taeyang's body bounce up and down. 

"Fine," he breathed as he forced himself up. Watching his son squeal as he ran around the room excited to go swimming. 

 

"Can you swim," Taeyang asked as they stood by the pool side. 

"Yeah my mom takes me swimming all the time," lil Tae said with a big smile.

Nodding Taeyang yond, "Alright I'm gonna go sleep under that pavillion,,,"

"You don't wanna swim with me," his son cut him off. 

"No, I'm kind of tired. You go have fun," Taeyang waved his son off as he laid on the chair.

"Oh, okay," Lil Tae said unsure before walking away towards the pool. 

Before Taeyang knew it, he was fast asleep. Dreaming of the girl he loved. Watcing from afar, he could see her playing with their son. Seeing the two laugh and prance around, he couldn't have seen such a happier sight. Turning to look over towards him, her smile quickly faded. "He's drowning," she shouted. Shooting up, her heard a woman shouting once again, "That boy is drowning!"

Without a second thought, he dove right in the pool. Swimming to his son who was sinking towards the bottom. He caught hold of his wrist and pulled his son up towards the surface. Emerging from the pool, Taeyang pulled his son up onto the cement ground allowing him time to cough up the water he consumed. Soon after, his son began to cry for his mom. 

"I'm sorry son," Taeyang breathed as he pulled him into an embrace. 

"I want mommy," the little boy cried harder. 

"We can call mommy in a little bit," Taeyand softly cooed as he rubbed gentle circles on his back. 

The boy began to sniffle as he tried to control his tears, "Oh...okay..." 

Scooping the trembling boy in his arms, Taeyang made their way into the hotel. Turning on the warm water in the bath tube, he turned to help his son out of his swimming trunks. "I...I thought...I could swim." The little boy tried to explain, "I...I'm sorry." 

Cupping his small face, Taeyang grinned, "It's okay son. I'm sorry I didn't come swim with you. How about we take a nice hot bath and then we order some hot food to eat?" The boy nodded as he hopped into the tube trying to compose himself. 

Sighing as he sat next to the tube, Taeyang frowned at his careless actions. Taking care of his son was a twentyfour seven job. He could see it now. Minzy would for sure give him an ear full. Feeling the on coming headache, he huffed out in frustration as he made a phone call.

 

"Hey bud, I ordered us some pizza to watch with our movie tonight," Taeyang smiled as he plopped next to his son on the bed.

"Pizza?! Mom never let's me have more than one," lil Tae pouted.

Seeing how cute his son was, he ruffled his hair, "Don't worry tonight you get a whole pizza to yourself!"

Lil Tae clapped his hands together happily, "A whole pizza to myself?!"

"Yeah and I'll get my own too," Taeyang winked at his son as they both giggled as they pat their stomachs.

 

Before they knew it there came a knock at the door, both glanced at each other wide eyed as they went dashing for the door. Just like Taeyang promised there were two hot pizzas ready for the taking. Walking towards the bed, Taeyang placed the boxes down onto it. "Bring the pizza over here," Lil Tae chimed as he patted the desk. "We don't eat in bed. We eat at the table." Nodding in understanding, Taeyang moved the boxes onto the table. Reaching over to open the top box, a small hand was placed upon it to stop him. "We have to pray first," Lil Tae firmly said eyeing Taeyang as if he was crazy to touch the food before praying.

"Uh...okay," Taeyang retreated his hand as he folded his arms and closed his eyes hoping he was doing it right.

Lil Tae sighed as he began his prayer, "Dear Lord bless this food that it will strengthen our bodies. Bless our family and friends in whatever they are doing and help us to always remember you in all we do. Amen."

"Amen," Taeyang said more in a question form as he peeked through one eye to see Lil Tae dig in.

"Thank you for the food," Lil Tae sang as he ripped a big piece of pizza from the box.

"Whoa that's a big one. I don't think you can handle it," Taeyang teased as he took a piece from his box of pizza.

Lil Tae grinned at his dad, "I can eat this. Just you wait and see."

 

Taeyang and his son lay side by side over stuffed by eating their very own box of pizza. They seemed to be in a daze as they lazily watched the latest show on disney channel. "I...I don't feel so good," Lil Tae grumbled as he rubbed his stomach.

"That's what happens when you eat a full box of..." Before he knew it he was covered in throw up. Quickly taking the small boy into the bathroom, he sat him into the bathtub as the little boy continued to throw up.

"Mom..." the little boy heaved in between his continued vomit. With tears streaming down his eyes, the little boy sat crying in the mess he made.

"," Taeyang breathed as he rushed to turn on the faucet, letting the water wash the throw up down the drain. Turning the cool water to warm, he hated seeing his son shiver and cry as he held himself.

After he had his son all cleaned up, he sat him onto the toilet and gave him his phone to play with as he showered, "If you feel like you're going to throw up, use the toilet." The boy nodded as he watched the phone light up on a random game he found on Taeyang's phone. Washing himself up, he heard a loud clank followed by a gasp. "Is everything...," Taeyang lept out of the shower and pulled the small device out of the toilet. "No," he growled at the lost cause that was once his phone. Throwing the phone into the trash, he sighed deeply as he saw his son cowering in the corner.

"I...I'm sorry," the little boy cried. "I accidently dropped it."

Taeyang pulled a towel over him before crouching down. Extending his hands out he grinned, "Come here." Seeing the hesitation in his eyes, Taeyang nodded to him, "It's okay, I just wanna talk."

The little boy slowly inched his way to Taeyang, allowing him to envelope him in his arms, "Son it's only stuff. Don't ever be afraid to tell me things okay?"

"Okay," the little boy nodded as he turned to wrap his small arms around Taeyang's neck. "Thank you for not being mad at me."

"Even if I get mad, remember that I love you," Taeyang said as he felt something within his chest tighten. Gazing down at the young boy in his arms, he held him tight as he kissed the top of his head.

 

Taeyang awoke to the sun light beaming through the blinds. Blinking his eyes open, he rolled to see that he was the only one in bed. Shifting up, he looked around to see no sign of his son. Leaping up onto his feet, he opened the bathroom relieved to see his son sitting on the toilet. "Can I get some privacy," the little boy squeaked as he tried to cover his lower half.

"Sorry," Taeyang chuckled as he closed the door. "Hurry up with your pooping, we have a whole day of adventure ahead of us," Taeyang called through the door as he went about looking through his suitcase.

 

Taeyang tried his best to coax his son out of the car, "C'mon it's Disney World!" But to no avail, his son continued to shake his head. 

"No I don't wanna be here," the little boy pouted. "Dad don't make me." 

"Son it's gonna be fun," he tried to sing gleefully. 

"It's too hot and I want my mom," the little boy began to tear up. "Please...I want mommy!" 

Sighing, Taeyang took out his phone and dialed his sister's number. "Hey." 

"Do you know what ing time it is," his sister hissed. "What do you want?" 

"My son doesn't want to go to Disney world. How do I get him out of the car," he asked. 

"You do realize that your son gets heat real easily and he hates rides he thinks they're scary," she yond into the phone. "Did you at least put sun screen on him?" 

", no," Taeyang mentally slapped himself for not remembering. 

"ing idiot, let me talk to my nephew," Hayi sighed. 

Taeyang handed the phone to his son as he stood out in the parking lot looking around. As much as he wanted to call Minzy for help, he didn't want to seem like a failure and figured that he'd settled with calling his sister even if she insulted him the entire time. 

"Okay," he heard his son mumble through the phone before he handed the phone back to him. 

"Why haven't you let him call his mom yet? Are you stupid? He has never been this long without hearing his mother's voice! Let him call his mom and maybe Minzy can convince him to go through with your thoughtless trip," Hayi barked. 

"Thoughtless?! I'm trying to spend some alone time with my son," he tried to defend his actions. 

"Good for you, you want to steal precious time away from Minzy when you know she's ing dying," Hayi hissed before stopping to sigh. "Taeyang don't things up with your son and just take him where he really wants to be." 

"And where is that," he mumbled annoyed by his sister's blunt words.

"With his mom you dumb ! Now I'm gonna hang up because it's ing late," she growled before hanging up. 

With a heavy sigh, Taeyang stuffed his phone in his pocket as he jumped in the back seat with his son. Grinning he opened his arms and let the small boy crawl up into his arms. "Do you wanna go see your mom?" 

"Yeah," the little boy said as he began to cry. "Sorry daddy I just miss mommy." 

"Alright," Taeyang said as he held him tightly against him. "Let's go see mommy." 

 

Lil Tae was out of the car before it fully stopped. Grinning as he watched the small boy run up into the mansion, he soon followed suit to see the young boy in his mother's arms. "I've missed you," the little boy mumbled into his mother's chest. 

"I've missed you too," Minzy smiled with tears filling her eyes. Glancing up she held her smile at the man standing before them, "How was it?" 

"Horrible," Taeyang sighed as he squated next to them. 

"Yeah it was," the little boy agreed making them all laugh.