Chapter Thirty-three

Faking Innocence

Minzy's smirk faded as she stared at the injured man before her, "Look at what you've done to yourself." 

"What I've done? This is what you've done. You've done this to me," Taeyang hissed. "You've made me into a crazy stalker!" 

But she wasn't having it as she shook her head, "No, you've brought this upon yourself. You should've left the past in the past." 

"I've tried, believe me," he said flatly. "I've been worse." 

She sighed as she took a seat next to his bed, but still keeping her distance, "So what do we do?" 

"We get married. It's as simple as that," he answered as if it was obvious.

She bit her lower lip as she crossed her arms across her chest, "You shouldn't speak of marriage so lightly."

"I'm not. Do you think this perfect body took a beating so lightly," he scoffed. 

"Perfect bodies fade..."

"But isn't that expected," he fired right back. 

"Look," she said in all seriousness. "After much consideration my uncle and I have decided to merge our company with yours. Of course we'll have our side businesses all under our name. But the base, the main part of the company will be under your company. I've discussed this with your parents and will be coming up with a draft with our company lawyer to draw up a plan to do so..."

"So you can avoid fulfilling your promise?"

"I didn't make that promise," she growled. 

"But a promise is a promise none the less," he said indifferent to her anger. 

"What do you want from me?!"

"I want you to feel what I feel. I want you to live what I'm going through. All of it," Taeyang replied. 

"I hate you," she spat. 

He gave her a devilish grin, "We share the same feelings. It's one of the many emotions I've felt these past years for you." 

"You're the ing devil!"

"In the flesh," he said smugly. 

She stood to her feet as she glared down at him, "Fine if you want everything I have you can have it. The company and every share in our family name is yours are you happy?!"

He shrugged as he batted his eye lashes up at her, "While you're in a giving mood, how about you pick out a matching ring set for us when you propose?"

"How about you go the to hell," she gave him the middle finger before storming off. 

 

Taeyang knew he was being childish as he sent photos of different rings to Minzy's office the following day. As planned he received threatening text messages. He took advantage of getting her cell phone number or more like abused it as the week progressed. Each day he sent different items to her office, letting her know what it meant to him and asked if she could possibly propose to him utilizing whatever the object would be. But just as he got creative, she as well would find ways to fire back. Sometimes literally, like when she set the teddy bear on fire and sent him a lovely picture of it in flames. He found her responses amusing, sending her hearts and kissy faces of how much he appreciated her affection.

The ongoing bantering through the week, motivated Taeyang in his physical therapy. He pushed himself through his pain as he strived to get better. He knew the longer he was stuck in his bed, the longer he was putting off seeing through his promise. After a much needed massage, Taeyang made his way out of the mansion for the first time since his injury. Putting on a pair of dark shades, he made his way to his car and took off. Dialing a number he sighed as he hummed to a random song playing on the radio. "Hello?"

"Hey man what's up," Top's voice echoed in his car. 

"How about that drink you promised me a week ago," he asked.

"Wait you're up and moving? Are you even supposed to be driving," Top asked out of concern. 

"How about we take this interrogation to a bar or something? My treat," Taeyang offered. 

Top coughed a laugh through the phone, "Say no more, except for where." 

Taeyang laughed at his predictable friend, "Great." 

 

Taeyang and Top drank like there was no tomorrow. Both enjoying each other's company as if time made no difference. The two drunks reminisced the stupid things they got each other to do when they were younger. Each taking turns imitating each other's reactions in the most sarcastic way, while the other laughed at the ridiculous reenactment. "You need to take some acting classes," Taeyang teased. 

"Naw I've never been into acting," Top shrugged off the insult. 

Taeyang nodded in agreement, "True."

"We've done so much together..." Top sighed. 

Agreeing Taeyang drank more of his cool liquor, "So so much. So much so that the has caught up with me."

"True," Top nodded. 

Taeyang sighed as he stared at his nearly emptied glass, "Who knew love was so ed up?"

"No it's just you," Top half heartedly teased. 

His friend's words stung more than expected as he frowned, "You're probably right. I want the one thing I can't have." 

"And what is that," Top asked as he rose an eyebrow at him. 

Taeyang grinned as he shifted his gaze to his friend, "If I told you, you'd up my plans even more." 

"You're already ed up so..." Top shrugged. 

"So what are you saying?" 

"You can't force people to love you," Top's thoughts began to spill out. "I understand now why Minzy keeps me the furthest away from her. Unlike her I don't have as much self respect to turn you down, especially when you offer to pay for everything." 

"So what do you suggest," Taeyang asked earnestly. "You're the closest person I can get to, to get to her." 

Top sighed as he shook his head, "You are one determined . To think that my supposed best friend would want to go drinking with just the intention to go drinking. Wow you're something else." 

"I know I'm pathetic. I did want to come out and drink with you..."

"Then let's go and hit a strip club or two to make it up to me," Top cut him off. "Your treat." 

Though strip clubs were a thing of his past, Taeyang couldn't let his friend down anymore than he already had, "Alright." 

 

Taeyang felt a tightening in his chest as he gazed upon the strip club. It was the same one he had seen Minzy in years ago and wondered if it looked the same. Stepping in, he felt as if he was going back in time. The club looked just as he remembered it. Grinning as he took a seat at the strip pole that sent him a few years back, he remembered how shocked he was to see the exotic side of Minzy. She was a glorious thing to behold he thought as he listened to the next stripper taking the stage. Tossing some money up, he glanced over to his friend who began doing cat calls. Taeyang smiled seeing the stupid grin spread across his best friend's lips. Shaking his head he had to see just who this stripper was that was entertaining his friend. Gazing towards the stage, he watched as the stripper twirled down onto her knees right in front of them. "Bom," Taeyang gasped.

"Taeyang," Bom suddenly followed in shock. "What are you doing here?" 

Taeyang quickly reached up and pulled her off the stage to stand before him, "I should be asking you that!" 

Bom huffed as she folded her arms, annoyed, "I work here."

"Was Minzy so cruel to not fly you back home," Taeyang asked in disbelief. 

Bom glared hard at him, "No you're the cruel one. You're the one who ruined all of my ing plans in life. Now I'm back to my old way of life in order to get back to making what I used to." 

"Your old job?" 

"Yes you dumb ! Your precious Minzy had me all set up. She told me she would take care of me as long as I was able to keep you by my side. At first I was doing it for the money and to be able to see my family. But then...you had to be all ing sweet on me!" 

"Wait a minute, so are you telling me that Minzy paid you to love me," Taeyang asked trying to wrap his head around it. 

"Well if you put it that way, yeah," she huffed. "Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to work. Talking with you doesn't pay the bills anymore." Shoving past him she returned to the stage leaving Taeyang to his own thoughts. 

"Are you alright man," Top asked as he came to his side. 

Taeyang coughed a laugh as he stepped away from Top, "I don't know. Is Minzy paying you to hang out with you?" 

"No you are," Top teased. 

"Are you sure," Taeyang asked as he headed for the door. Bursting through the exit, he exhaled as the cool air hit him. The quiet darkness was a great help in clearing his mind. 

"Taeyang," someone called. Turning Taeyang watched as Teddy appeared, "Let's go for a ride." 

Taeyang smirked as he turned to face the man dressed in a suit, "What if I don't wanna go for a ride?" 

"Boy get your in the car," Teddy bluntly said as he turned to hop in. 

Rolling his eyes, Taeyang followed suit. "Top is still in the club."

"Don't worry about him, we have other things to attend to," Teddy waved off the thought before driving off. 

The two sat in silence, as Taeyang kept his eyes staring out the passenger window. As much as he wanted to shout or scream he couldn't. He knew he had no right to be upset with Bom, but Minzy was a different story. She was the root to all his problems. He couldn't believe she would be so cruel to deceive him, but then again how could he have not seen that coming? Shaking his head as the memories of his meeting Bom had been nothing short of a miracle. She had become a light in the darkness. It was a trap that was so perfectly set, that he couldn't believe just how stupid he was to fall for it. His heart rate was increasing just thinking of his relationship with Bom. Everything in that relationship was all a lie. A lie that got him thinking why. Why was Minzy doing all of this? 

"We're here," Teddy spoke up as they pulled up to a cabin on the beach. 

Taeyang was impressed by the simplicity of the scene as he quietly followed Teddy into the cabin. He was surprised as he found himself quickly bowing, "Hello Mr. Gong." 

"Come in boy," Mr. Gong waved for him to take a seat next to him. "Sorry to have pulled you away from your night out."

"No it's okay, honestly sir," Taeyang bowed again hoping he could pull himself together through his drunken state. "How...how can I help you?" 

Mr. Gong pursed his lips as he sighed, "It's the other way around boy. I'm going to help you." 

Taeyang looked at Mr. Gong curiously, "And how are you going to help me?"

Mr. Gong held a stern face as he stared at him, "Let us get one thing straight. Personally I don't like you."

"Okay," Taeyang nodded. 

"You are one spoiled brat that was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. And not only have you been blessed with such wealth you flaunt it. It's a bit off putting to say the least." Taeyang sat quietly as he took the criticisim. "It's very disturbing and worrysome to see that your father's hard earned company could all go to waste from the type of life style you live. It makes me wonder if you ever had the thought of possibly growing out of such distasteful activities like strip clubs. Must I continue my reasons for disliking you?" Taeyang shook his head getting the point. "Good at least I know that your ears are working." Taeyang's ears burned as he did his best to keep his mouth from getting him in trouble. "Taeyang even though I don't hold you in a good light, somehow my neice thinks otherwise. Though it's not my place to tell you her reasons for not wanting to be with you, I feel it is because of those same reasons she should be." His ears perked up with interest, "Though Minzy may not understand now, I want you to know I will honor my promise to your family." His jaw dropped in disbelief as Mr. Gong continued, "I will be discussing this matter with her tomorrow and I ask you to respect my wishes in letting me talk it out with her. I want you to know that I have every intention in seeing this marriage through." 

"I...I don't know what to say," Taeyang mumbled. "Thank you?" 

Mr. Gong nodded, "Don't thank me yet. This is only the beginning to what is to come."