Chapter Twelve

Faking Innocence

Taeyang and Minzy drove in silence for a little bit until he glanced over at her. She was leaning her head against the window as she stared outside with a blank look on her face. "What are you thinking about?" There was no reply and he glanced over to her again to see that she had shut her eyes. He grinned to himself knowing that she didn't want to talk, but he was going to make her anyway. "So...about tonight huh?" There was still no answer and he continued on, "It's too bad we had to end our fun so soon. I was sure I was going to get that last shot." He got a soft grunt of what sounded like a stifled laugh and knew she was listening. "Oh so you think you would've beat me to that shot? Think again, I have quick hands."

"Yeah it's too bad you don't have a quick brain," she mumbled as she shifted into a more confortable position.

He laughed as he nodded, "That was a good one." Pulling up to the curb he watched as she jumped out before the car could come to a complete stop. After putting the car in park he jumped out after her, "So you're just gonna leave me like that huh?"

Minzy pivoted on her heels as she looked at him, "What do you want?"

"Give me a hug," he demanded.

"Why?"

"Get over here and give me a hug so we can end the night," he said opening his arms up.

She folded her arms over her chest as she cocked an eyebrow at him, "No."

Taeyang clenched his fists as he marched right up to her, but she continued to stand there unfazed. "Give me a damn hug now," he growled as he opened his arms again.

Minzy shook her head and turned her back to him to walk away. But he had other plans as he reached out and wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her back against his chest. She tried to move out of his arms, but he held onto her tighter. Sighing she gave in and stood in place feeling that he was too strong. He placed his chin onto her shoulder as he forced his fingers to intertwine with hers making both his arms and hers wrap around her body.

Taeyang found it funny that he had to force a girl to do something as simple as this, when all the girls he knew before her would drop their in a heartbeat for him. The warmth of Minzy's body being pressed against his chest made him feel good compared to the cool breeze that surrounded them. He thought of how she fit perfectly in his arms and smiled to himself. It was almost as if her body was meant to fit perfectly against his.

"Can you let go of me now," she grumbled pulling Taeyang out of his day dreaming.

He reluctantly released her feeling the warm sensation pull away from him, "Oh sorry." She only nodded as she walked away. "Uh...bye," he called after her but she didn't say a word or wave a goodbye as she kept walking away from him.

 

Taeyang forced himself out of bed for school that day. He couldn't fully understand why Minzy would want to go out and party on a Thursday night when she knew they had school the next day. He yond knowing that this was the only way to get through to her.

 

"You look like hell," Top chuckled as he smacked Taeyang in the back before falling into step with him. Taeyang only shrugged as he continued walking. "I'm unsure if I should ask how your night was with Minzy because it looks like she gave you a rough night."

"Eeww you look like death," came a voice to the side of them. They both looked as Dara stepped in front of them making them come to a stop. She folded her arms as she glared at Taeyang, "What happened to you?"

"Long night," he said walking around her. Dara caught a hold of Taeyang's wrist before he could leave. He sighed as he looked back at her, "What?"

"Can we talk," she spoke in a low voice.

"If you wanna apologize about slapping me in the face I'm over it," he said as if it were nothing to him and it truly was.

She pursed her lips together forming a frown, "Please Taeyang."

Not wanting to make a scene he pulled away and walked over to an empty part of the nearest hallway, "What's up?"

"I don't understand," she sighed.

"What don't you understand?"

"Where did we go wrong?" He sighed scratching his head in frustration. Taeyang hated the side effects of this stupid bet between him and Top. Girls crying and complaining like what was going on that that very moment always put him in a bad mood. "Please baby tell me," Dara said as she moved close to him. "I wanna work things out." She wrapped her arms around his neck as she pouted up at him.

Taeyang tried to hold in his pissed attitude as he pulled away, "Dara let's just leave this all behind us."

"But...but I don't want to," she continued to pout with tears forming at her eyes.

This part he most definietly hated. The tears, the crying it was all too dramatic for his taste, "Don't cry you'll ruin your makeup."

"Is it because I told you that I loved you? I know it might've been too fast for you, but I meant it. You don't have to tell me that you love me. I don't wanna rush you. If that's what you're afraid of."

"I'm not afraid of that. Now are we done," he asked feeling beyond bored at this dramatic scene at hand.

"Taeyang," Dara stomped her foot as the tears spilled down her cheeks.

He shook his head as he looked away, "Stop crying."

"You're a complete !"

"And you're the girl who dated the ," he shrugged his shoulders as he walked away. Taeyang ignored to loud shouting behind him as he walked to his up coming class.

 

Taeyang felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and looked to see a text flash onto his screen, Are you close to Dara?

We were good friends.

Why do you say it in past tense?

Why does it matter? I'm kinda busy right now so I'll text you later. Taeyang didn't feel like talking about Dara at the moment seeing as she had messed up his mood for the day.

I want to go out tonight. Take me out tonight.

Aren't you tired from yesterday?

Are you an old man? Fine nevermind, I'll go out with someone else !

He laughed at the last word she texted, there you go with the name calling.

Don't text me unless you want to go out you punk!

haha...fine then I pick the club this time.

whatever just as long as there's alcohol I'm fine with it.

alcoholic.

yeah I am and I don't give a . so pick me up at the same time same place.

fiesty girl, I like it hehe...

shut the up. this conversation is over!

Taeyang smiled to himself as he read the last text. She was opening up to him and he was going to take advantage of it.

 

"So what are we doing tonight," Top asked as they walked out of their last class of the day.

"I'm going out with her again," Taeyang said.

"Two nights in a row? Not to bad," Top grinned as he bumped elbows with him. "Let me come."

"What?"

"C'mon, I wanna get to know this girl."

Taeyang shook his head, "No way, it's too early for that man."

"Fine how about I go with you guys and disappear when we get to the club. The club is where you're going right? Well at the end of the night I'll reappear again when it's time to go home. C'mon please! You can't just leave home alone."

"Don't you have girls on speed dial just in case you don't want to be left home alone? Call one of them."

"That's harsh man. Don't be like that. Why are you scared I'll steal her away," he cocked an eyebrow at Taeyang.

Taeyang chuckled, "Whatever man. Okay you can come."

"Yes!"

 

"Oh damn she's ing hot," Top leaned forward from the back seat as they were pulling up to the curb.

Taeyang had the window down as he called out, "How much?"

"A night full of alcohol and hot sweaty ," Minzy answered as she got in.

Taeyang chuckled as he shook his head, "Well I can take care of that if you want."

"Alcohol first," she said with a sweet smile. But it faded when she heard a cough from behind. Minzy's head snapped back to see there was someone in the back.

"Hey."

"Oh Minzy that's my best friend Top," Taeyang nodded towards the back.

She bit her lower lip as she forced a smile up at him, "Hi." She shifted to look forward, but gave death glares at Taeyang in the process. "You're dead," she mouthed.

Taeyang began to drive as he mouthed back, "Why?"

Her eyes shifted back hinting to Top, "You should've warned me that you were going to bring someone."

"Sorry!"

Minzy shook her head as she folded her arms across her chest. "No tonight," she glared at him before starring out the window.

"What," Taeyang finally said outloud causing Top to jump.

"Huh? What'd you say," Top asked.

"Nothing," Taeyang said glaring at Top through the rear view mirror.

 

Top quickly hopped out of the car to open Minzy's door as he held out a hand to her. "Thank you," she smiled up at him. Minzy linked her arm to Top's as she let him her into the club.

"Hey," Taeyang called after them.

"Let's get a couple of drinks to start the night out," Minzy smiled up at Top.

"Sure," he nodded as he walked with her still linking her arm onto his. "Can I get two shots over here," Top called over to the bar tender.

"Make it three," Taeyang stepped up.

The bar tender sent the first two shots down and Top caught both of them handing one to Minzy. Minzy gladly accepted as they cheered hitting their glasses together before drinking it.

"Thanks for waiting for me," Taeyang rolled his eyes when his shot arrived a little too late to join in.

"Top let's go dance," Minzy spoke sweetly as she tugged on his arm.

"What," Taeyang coughed a laugh.

"Please," she continued to smile as she batted her eye lashes at him.

"Okay," he smiled as she took her hand in his and walked to the dance floor. She squealed making him laugh before turning to Taeyang and glaring at him. He glared right back at her making her laugh as she shrugged her shoulders and looked back to where she was being guided.

Taeyang ordered a soju and took a seat at the bar as he watched Minzy smile up at Top. Why was she acting all sweet to his best friend and the complete opposite with him? Shaking his head, he watched as Minzy wrapped her arms around Top's neck and interlocking them. Top held her by the hips as they stepped side to side. It looked like they were having a great conversation as they both were laughing making Minzy bury her head into Top's chest from time to time as she continued to laugh.

The song came to an end and a slow song started to play. Minzy pulled Top closer as she leaned her head onto his chest. This caused Taeyang to glare at the pair as he ordered another beer. He felt somewhat jealous as he saw Minzy close her eyes and watched a smile spread across her face. Minzy was his challenge not Top's!

"The next song," Taeyang grumbled as he downed the second beer.

Taeyang heard the song coming to an end and pushed himself up from his seat to make his way over to the pair. He didn't want to say couple, because after all Minzy did come out with Taeyang after all. Making his way up to the two the song came to an end.

"Let's go get another drink," Minzy looked up at Top.

He smiled down at her and nodded, "Okay yeah."

Taking his hand in hers she turned to see Taeyang, "Oh hey, you're going to dance? Have fun, we're going to get more drinks!" She pushed past him still holding Top's hand to guide him back to the bar.

Taeyang shot a glare at Top, "What the hell man?" Top could only shrug his shoulders as Minzy tugged him away. Taeyang knew better, not to follow them to the bar just yet and decided to grab the closest girl to him and began to dance with her.

The girl was beautiful and could dance, but Taeyang was too focused on watching Minzy and Top. It looked like the laughter and fun had carried over to the bar. They were both drinking happily and Taeyang could've sworn he was shooting deadly glares to them, but neither one felt them. Sighing he moved his attention to the beauty he was dancing with. Maybe by dancing with this girl, they might just look over.

Grabbing the girl roughly, he began to dance closely with her. The girl didn't mind one bit of him taking control as he continued to guide her hips. As much as he was starting to have fun with her, he couldn't help but wonder if he'd caught their attention. Glancing over he looked to see that it was a failed attempt, the two still were drinking and enjoying each other's company without a care of anything surrouding them.

Taeyang pulled the girl up against him as he whispered in her ear, "Let me buy you a drink." She nodded as she let him guide her over to the bar. "Hey guys," Taeyang said as he stepped up to Minzy and Top.

"Hey," Minzy said as she turned her attention back to Top. "I can't believe you would do such a thing," she laughed as she took another sip of her drink.

"Yeah what can I say. I can be spontaneous at times," Top chuckled.

"What do you mean by that," Taeyang asked.

"Huh," Top asked as he turned to look over at Taeyang.

"What do you mean by being spontaneous at times," Taeyang asked.

"Well uh...who's that," Top nodded behind Taeyang.

"Who," he asked as he looked back. He was surprised to see the girl he was just dancing with behind him, "Oh, this is..."

"Fei," she smiled.

"Nice to meet you I'm Top."

"And I'm Minzy, we're friends of his," Minzy smiled as she nodded to Taeyang.

"Friends," Taeyang and Top said in unison.

Minzy laughed as she finished her drink off, "Oh I guess we aren't friends." Shrugging her shoulders she turned her attention back to Top, "Top can you dance with me for a little bit before I get too drunk?"

"Alright," Top said as Minzy linked her arm onto his.

"Have fun," Minzy waved at Taeyang and Fei before walking away.

Taeyang didn't want to be rude, after all he did offer to buy Fei a drink and he did. Taking a shot of tequilla he looked to the dance floor to see Minzy grinding up onto Top. Bobbing her head from side to side with a devilish smile on her face, she pulled his hips closer to her as she ground harder. Biting her lip she starred deep into Top's eyes as she intertwined her fingers with his. Guiding their arms up above them as she swayed up against him.

"Are they a couple," Fei whispered into Taeyang's ear.

As if he wasn't already becoming pissed at the sight before him, she had to say something to tick him off further, "No!"

"It was just a question," she hissed.

"Well that was the dumbest question to ask," he said rudely.

"Ugh! I don't need this," Fei rolled her eyes as she walked away leaving Taeyang alone.

Taeyang watched as the song ended and Top slung his arm over Minzy's shoulder as she wrapped an arm around his waist. They walked up to the bar laughing and not noticing the fact that Taeyang was angry.

"Let's go one more round of drinks," Minzy smiled up at Top.

"Damn girl you still aren't drunk? I'm basically faded right now," Top sighed as she helped him take a seat.

"It takes a lot of her to get drunk," Taeyang spoke coldly as he walked up to them.

"Taeyang? Where's your new friend," Top smiled up at him obviously drunk.

"Two sojus please," Minzy called out to the bar tender.

"Minzy..." Top grumbled as he leaned up against the counter.

"Oh don't be a loser and drink one more with me," she said as two green bottles were placed in front of them.

"Fine," Top sighed as he picked up the bottle and tried to drink it.

"Give me that," Taeyang said taking the drink out of his friend's hands. He looked over to Minzy who was drinking up her beer and bobbing her head to the music as if she was only having her second drink.

"Take me home," Top mumbled as he leaned his head upon Taeyang.

"Damn dude how much did you drink," Taeyang asked as he tried to hold his friend up. "Minzy I think it's time to go," Taeyang said as he slung Top's arm over his shoulder.

"Hold up," she said before dowing her beer. "Okay let's go," she smiled as she turned to leave.

"You're not going to help me," Taeyang called after her.

"Why should I? You're the one who brought him."

"I brought your too! Now get over here and help me," Taeyang demanded. Minzy sighed as she walked back to help, slinging Top's other arm over her shoulder as she helped Top get into the back seat.

Taeyang slammed the door shut as he walked over to the driver's seat and jumped in. He turned up his music filling the silence between Minzy and him as he tried to block out his crappy day. From his arguement with Dara to being the third wheel he was not a happy camper at the moment.

"Are you mad," Minzy asked as she turned down the music.

"No," he growled as he turned it back up.

"Yes you are," Minzy laughed as she turned the music back down. He didn't say anything and it confirmed that he was. "It's your fault," she finally said when she didn't receive an answer back.

"My fault?!"

"Yeah! You were the idiot to let me embarrass myself in front of Top when I got in the car. You should've warned me he was in the car."

"Oh so you were making me feel all jealous and because you got embarrassed?!"

"You were jealous," she teased.

" I didn't mean it like that," he growled.

"Yeah sure," she giggled. He shook his head not wanting to say anything else that could make this night worse then it already was. Pulling up to the curb, he felt her lips press against his ear, "I really did mean every word I said when I was getting in the car. But I guess you had other plans." She blew onto his ear and nibbled on it before pulling away. "Bye," she smirked at him as she jumped out.

"Great," he hissed as he watched her purposly strut away, swaying her hips side to side to give him a full view of what he was going to be missing out on tonight. Taeyang turned and punched Top on the arm and heard him growl, "That's what you get for ruining my night and my chances your so called them part of the challenge!"

 

Author's Notes:

This update is a little hefty or long. Oops my bad! I was listening to Miguel- How Many Drinks and got carried away I guess. FYI when I said Fei I meant Fei from Miss A. Hmm...I think that's her name haha. Thanks for reading and commenting! <3