Chapter Two

Faking Innocence

Taeyang paused to look at the girl who just rejected him, "Minzy?"

She smiled up at him, "Hey nice seeing you again, this time I remembered your name."

He chuckled as he took a seat across from her, "I'm glad you remembered me."

Minzy gave him another smile as she got up, "Well I better get going. I have class in a little. See you around."

"What?"

She waved and turned to leave for her next class, letting her actions explain what she had just said.

Top was soon at his side and patting him on his back as he chuckled, "That was a great start."

Taeyang shook off his friend's hand and sat starring in the direction that she had left, "I haven't even tried yet. I was just seeing who my next target is."

"Yeah, sure," Top laughed as he walked away.

 

Taeyang tilted his cap as he walked through the halls of Seoul National University. He was determined that today he'd make a better impression on Minzy.

"You," a voice shouted from behind him.

He stopped in his tracks and waited for what was to come next.

"You think you can just come up in here and prance around like mister hot stuff," Dara spat as she began to poke in the chest. "How dare you show your face after I broke up with you!"

He sighed becoming annoyed as she continuous poked him. Grabbing her hand from poking him once more he looked at her sternly, "Stop that! I go here remember. Now stop embarrassing yourself and leave me alone."

She was shocked at this side of Taeyang that she had never seen before. He was always sweet like honey towards her no matter what the circumstances, but this, this was a whole new him. "Wha...what did you say?"

"I said we're over so leave me the hell alone already, I have to get to class," Taeyang barked.

Dara jumped back a little afraid at what she was seeing, "Taeyang? Why are you acting like this towards me?"

He could see the tears b at her eyes and softened his gaze, "I'm sorry, but I'm not the guy you fell in love with anymore." He gave her shoulder a squeeze before he continued on.

Taeyang walked into his biology class and looked to his Top nod his head to welcome him. He did the same, but paused when he saw Minzy sitting in the very front and center like usual. He grinned to himself as he walked up and took the empty seat that was usually filled with the late comers. Doing so, he heard a couple of gasps and whisperings and he turned to look at Top who starred at him a little confused. Taeyang slightly nodded his head towards Minzy's direction and Top got the hint. He chuckled and nodded in understanding as the professor walked in.

Throughout the lecture Taeyang continued to glance over at Minzy here and there but she never looked. She continued to attentively write notes as the professor talked. This impressed him, seeing the determination this girl had in her studys.

When class was over Taeyang leaned over towards Minzy, "Hey, I told you I was in this class."

Minzy turned a little surprised that someone was talking to her, "Umm...oh hey Taeyang. I didn't even notice you sitting there."

"Ouch, am I that invisible to you," Taeyang pouted.

She giggled as she stuffed her belongings into her bag, "No sorry, I was too busy trying to take notes before I miss anything."

"Yeah sometimes the professor goes a little too fast sometimes."

Minzy nodded as she got up to put on her back pack, "That's so true, that's why I have to sit up here."

"So that's your secret to getting good grades," Taeyang grinned.

"No it's not what you're thinking. I'm not a genius or anything like that."

"Really? Because you seem to be taking notes like crazy. Maybe you could help me out," Taeyang asked.

"I'd love to but I can't, I'm swamped with so many things." She paused to look at her watch before she looked back at Taeyang, "Sorry I have to go to my next class, but good luck with your studies."

Taeyang gave a slight wave as he watched her walk away from him.

An arm was placed over his shoulders as he continued to stare down the hallway, "You need more than luck to get that girl."

Taeyang elbowed Top in the gut, "Shut up. I don't need luck on my side to get that girl."

 

Taeyang stood leaning against the wall as he let Top ramble off on the latest updates about sports. He was only half listening as he kept glancing at his watch knowing that she would be there any minute now. Just as he suspected Minzy walked in and took a seat at the empty table she sat at yesterday.

"Man are you listening," Top asked.

Taeyang could only nod as he waited a few more minutes until he walked up to her, "Hey is this seat taken?"

"Yes it is," Minzy answered quickly as she took another bite from her homemade lunch.

"Really? They don't look occupied," Taeyang said as he sat down.

She laughed as she saw who it was, "Taeyang? Wow are you really offended that I didn't know your name the first time?"

He shrugged his shoulders, 'That and the fact that I don't really know you."

Minzy gave him a grateful smile as she took a sip of her juice and began to pack her things, "Well there isn't much. I'm just an average student trying to make it out of here." She stood and looked at him, "That's about it. I'm pretty boring."

"That possibly can't be it," Taeyang said as he rose an eyebrow at her.

She shrugged her shoulders as she gulped down the last of her juice, "Well I don't know what else to say. So I'll see you around." Minzy turned to throw her bottle in the trash can before walking away from him.

Taeyang quickly fell into step with her fast pace not letting her off that easy, "What's your favorite color?"

"What?"

"What's your favorite color," he asked again.

She sighed as she stopped to look at him, "Pink."

He tilted his head and looked at her as if he was in deep thought, "Pink...hmm..."

Minzy only shook her head as she continued on to her next class, "See you later."

"Well that's a typical girl's choice of color. I wouldn't think that's your favorite color. See now was that so hard to answer," Taeyang asked as he was at her side again.

She nodded trying not to brush off the annoyance that was creeping up on her, "You know I really have to..."

"To go. I know, I'll see you around, " Taeyang waved as he turned to walk away. He couldn't help but smirk to himself knowing that he was the one that was now walking away from her.

 

Author's Notes:

Hello, I'm super surprised to see how many views and subscribers I already have for this fic when I didn't really like my first chapter lol. Thank you all for your support. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, thanks for reading!!!