Chapter Fifteen

Faking Innocence

Taeyang headed out to the club with Top that weekend to clear his mind. The entire week was miserable for him. At first it was only a thought that passed through his, mind but soon consumed him as Minzy continued to ignore him. He thought it crazy of him obsessing over his thoughts on trying to end things right with her. What was left to say? They both got what they wanted out of their relationship, but somehow he kept thinking about her.

"Six shots," Taeyang called to the bar tender.

Top chuckled as he stood next to him, "Damn dude you don't mess around."

Taeyang shrugged as he caught the drink. Doing so triggered his memory of Minzy and him fighting over drinks. He realized he was smiling and quickly drank the shot as another one was sent his way. "I'm going to drown you out," Taeyang said outloud as he drank up the next one.

"Oh ! It's just your luck. Look who's here," Top nudged him to get his attention.

Taeyang looked in the direction that Top was motioning for him to look to see Minzy in the middle of the dance floor. She was grinding up against some guy shamelessly with her arms wrapped around his neck. The song ended and she walked with that guy to the bar.

"Aww ," Taeyang rolled his eyes when he drank the fourth shot.

"Can you get me a drink I wanna get drunk tonight," Minzy smirked up at the guy.

"Sure," he went to quickly order getting the hint.

"She doesn't get drunk that easily," Taeyang turned to look at the couple and drank the shot in his hand.

"Who are you," the guy asked.

"I don't know him. Just get me a drink and I'll be..."

"I'm her boyfriend," Taeyang smirked before taking another shot.

"Boyfriend?!"

Minzy tugged on the guy's arm, "Nevermind let's just go dance."

"Where you going baby girl? Are you trying to make me jealous," Taeyang continued.

"Dude what the are you doing," Top whispered over to him.

He ignored his friend's comment as he continued, "Don't use him to get me jealous. You know you'll just run right back to me."

"What the hell is he going on about," the guy asked as he glared down at her.

"Minzy! If you want me to buy you a drink I will alright. Just let that poor boy go before you ruin him too," Taeyang chuckled before turning to order more drinks.

"Taeyang shut the hell up," Minzy growled.

The guy pulled out of Minzy's grasp, "I don't need this drama."

"Wait," Minzy said, but was too late as he walked away. She her death glares towards Taeyang, "What the is your problem?!"

Taeyang waved the shot in front of her, "You are! It was the only way to get your attention."

Pulling the shot out of his hand she drank it up as she slammed it onto the counter behind him, "Why would you need my attention? Aren't you done with your ed up game." At that Minzy sent a death glare over at Top letting him feel of her anger, before turning it back onto Taeyang.

Taeyang sighed as he looked over to his friend, "Top can you give us a moment."

"Gladly," he said before quickly leaving them to themselves.

Minzy grabbed the next shot that flew their way and took it in one go, "What the do you want?!"

"How are you," Taeyang said with concern in his voice. "How are you holding up after that night?"

Minzy coughed a laugh as she rolled her eyes, "Why the does it matter to you?"

He shrugged his shoulders as he watched her take the next shot that came their way, "Just curious."

"Haven't you heard of that saying that curiosity killed the cat? You are that cat and I'm going to kill you the next time you ask me a stupid question like that."

"Minzy talk to me," Taeyang sighed as he reached to pull her closer to him.

"What the hell?! Get your hands off of me! You don't know me like that," she said pulling away.

"But I want to," Taeyang said shocking the both of them.

Minzy shook her head as she folded her arms, "What did I say?" She pushed herself up against him as roughly kissed him and spoke against his lips, "I ed you so good you wanted more, am I right?"

She chuckled as she pushed herself off of him to be pulled back against him, "Maybe, maybe not. You ended things too quickly for me to figure it out."

"I was just making things easier for the both of us. Isn't that how men like it? No strings attached?" She brought up her left hand making her index finger along with her middle finger into a pretend pair of scissors. "Snip, snip, snip," Minzy said moving her fingers from side to side as she moved it from to his mouth and down to where he had her hand grasped. Freeing her hand in the process, "There you have it. You're free to go." She then glared at him, "So don't with me anymore you got it?!"

"But what if I want to you again," he asked as he stepped up to her.

"Are you ing nuts or retarded?!"

He pulled her waist towards him as he smashed his lips against hers, "Maybe."

Minzy chuckled as she wrapped her arms around his neck playing her teasing game of his lips to move it away before he slightly opened his mouth giving her access to enter. "No way you manwhore! I'm not going to give you what you want in here," she pulled away feeling him brush his finger tips higher and higher up her thigh.

"C'mon ," he mumbled into their kiss that was becoming more passionate.

Minzy pulled away as she looked into his lust filled eyes, "Go find you a real girlfriend. You don't want to be with me."

"I want you," Taeyang said pulling her up against him as he grabbed her firm .

She shook her head, "No way. I told you I was going to get you addicted on this , but you didn't listen." She turned to leave, "I need to go."

"Where you going," he asked as he took hold of her wrist to stay her.

"I have somewhere to be in the morning," she said as she yanked her hand away. "Have fun with Top and leave me alone. I'm ing serious!"

"Minzy..." he called but she continued to walk away leaving him alone at the bar.

"What the hell was that man," Top asked as he walked over.

"I have no idea," he truthfully answered. Taeyang was just overwhelmed with the conversation he had with her. He thought of the things he said to her and more importantly how he felt when he was talking to her. He thought of how happy he was to finally have her attention, his lustful needing of another round of with her, and how he felt truly concerned about her well being. "What the hell is wrong with me," Taeyang shook his head as he ordered another drink.

 

Feeling sick the next morning he rushed over to the nearest drug store and took some right away before heading back. He didn't know why, but he took a detour passing by the bus stop where he would pick up Minzy. To his surprise she was sitting on the bench looking down the street wearing her good girl get up as she starred down the street.

"How much," Taeyang asked as he pulled up. Minzy glanced over to him and shook her head as she looked back down the street. "Get in, I'll give you a ride."

"I'm good," she waved for him to leave before looking back down the rode.

"C'mon Minzy I can get you to wherever you need to go faster than the bus can. Plus think of all those stops the bus has to make before reaching your destination." She sighed as she pulled out her phone looking at it and frowned. "C'mon Minzy!" Letting out a loud sigh she got up and hopped into the car. Smiling to himself he turned to look at her, "Where are we heading?"

"Take me to Seoul hospital," Minzy said as she reached over to turn up the music.

"Oh that's good, I've been needing a check up."

Minzy didn't say anything as she closed her eyes and listened to the music playing. Taeyang didn't mind that she didn't want to talk. The fact that she was in the car with him made it alright. He quickly shook off the thought as he parked the car in the parking lot.

"Thanks," she said as she got out the car.

Quickly locking the door he rushed over to walk alongside her, "So why are you here?"

"Why are you always so damn nosey," she spat back as she continued inside the hospital. Minzy tried to close the elevator doors before he could enter, but she didn't succeed when he slipped right through them. "Damn it," she mumbled as she folded her arms across her chest.

"Whoa I almost didn't make it on."

"Yeah I wished you didn't," she rolled her eyes when she saw him smirking at her.

The doors flew open as she walked out with Taeyang behind. He was too busy looking at her curves to realize that she had stopped and ran right into her. "Sorry," he said when his arms subconsciously wrapped around her waist during their collision.

Minzy pushed out of his grasp as a doctor walked out, "Minzy! It's good to see you. It's been too long."

She smiled up at the doctor, "Yes it has."

"You arrived right on time."

"Because of me," Taeyang stepped next to Minzy revealing himself.

"And who are you?"

"He's nothing..."

"I'm her boyfriend," he cut her off.

"Boyfriend? Minzy you never bring your boyfriends with you. This must be a really serious relationship you're in," the doctor teased.

"He's not my boyfriend," she said not wanting her doctor to talk about it any futher. "Can we just get to my appointment?"

"Oh right, after all that's the only reason you come to see me right?"

Minzy chuckled as she shook her head, "No you're more like a dear friend doctor Psy."

"Alright let's go," he said turning towards his office.

Taeyang was going to follow to be met with a hand to his chest. He looked down to see it was Minzy's hand holding him in place, "I don't think so."

"But..."

"Minzy bring your boyfriend in," Psy called.

"You heard him," Taeyang grinned as he walked into the office with the angry Minzy trailing afterwards.

"Taeyang please no," she said sweetly. It shocked him when she caught hold of him and turned him to face her, "Please don't."

"Why not? The doctor invited me in with you?"

"Please I need to see him alone," she begged nicely for once.

"Minzy it's best if he comes in, I need someone to keep an eye on you when you skip out on your appointments," doctor Psy spoke up from behind. She sighed as she slumped her shoulders down in defeat as she walked into the doctor's office with Taeyang following. "So Minzy how have you been since the last time I've seen you besides getting a boyfriend?"

"I took your advice and moved in with my pastor and am now attending SNU." Taeyang looked at her surprised, finding out that Dara's father was a pastor. He didn't know that.

"How do you like it?"

"My life still , but it's better than before."

"That's good to hear." The doctor reached down and picked up some papers handing them to her, "The results are good. You're still clean."

"Clean," Taeyang asked.

"Thanks doctor," Minzy smiled up to him as she looked through the papers.

"She hasn't told you," doctor Psy asked turning to Taeyang.

"Tell me what?"

"This doesn't concern you," Minzy cut in as she continued to look through the papers.

"Minzy just tell the poor boy he has worry written all over his face."

Minzy looked and it was true he did look worried. This made her smile, "Don't worry it's not a big deal." She turned her attention back to the doctor, "Thank you. I promise I won't miss my next appointment."

Taeyang gripped his stomach that was bubbling and gave the doctor and Minzy a panicked look, "I think I'm going to throw up!" The doctor quickly reached the garbage bin and placed it right in front of him. He heaved out the content right into the bin while Minzy was rubbing his back.

"Let it out you alcoholic," Minzy chuckled as she continued to rub circles onto his back.

Coughing up the last of it, he pulled away and apologized to both of them, "Sorry, I think I drank too much."

The doctor nodded in understanding as he reached over to his desk to grab some medicine, "Here take these. They'll cure you right up. But you probably should let Minzy drive you back because they are pretty strong and can knock you out depending on your tolerance."

"Thanks," Taeyang smiled as he took the pills and the cup of water that Minzy had gone to get him. "Now tell me what exactly does Minzy have?"

"Taeyang please," Minzy said turning to look at him she gave him the same begging eyes from just moments before entering the office. It was cute and innocent making him smile.

"C'mon it can't be that bad."

"Minzy had brain tumors," doctor Psy said.

"What," both Taeyang and Minzy said in unison.

"Doctor please don't share private information..."

"Brain tumors as in more than one," Taeyang cut her off.

"Doctor! I'll tell him myself," Minzy spoke up before the doctor could explain further.

He nodded as he excused himself, "I'll give you both some space to talk this out."

When he left Taeyang looked at Minzy expecting an answer, "Well..."

Placing the papers on her lap, she put her hands over her face letting out a deep sigh, "Didn't I tell you to leave me the alone?!"

"Minzy please I need to know."

"Why," she glared over at him.

"I just wanna help."

"I don't need your ing help," she shouted at him.

He lowered his tone knowing that way he could try and pursuade her to tell him, "Minzy you can trust me."

She laughed, "Okay sure. Me trust you? I don't think so." She sighed as she looked down at her papers, "It really isn't a big deal. I had a couple of brain tumors when I was young. I got them removed and ever since then I've been coming back for check ups to be safe."

"So you had surgery?" She nodded as she parted the left side of her head revealing three faint scars.

He reached out to touch it, but she pulled away, "I don't like people touching my scars."

"Is that why you didn't let me run my fingers through your hair," Taeyang asked hinting to when they had .

She chuckled as she nodded, "Sorry I don't let just anyone run their fingers through my hair."

"Ouch," he pouted as he put his fist to his chest.

They both laughed as doctor Psy came walking in, "Alright love birds thanks for coming in."

Minzy stood up and hugged doctor Psy, "Thank you."

"You're welcome." He pulled away and shook Taeyang's hand, "Take care of this sweet girl will ya?"

He nodded as he placed the hand he shook behind Minzy's back and guided her out of the office. When they neared the elevator Minzy cocked an eye brow up at him, "You can move your hand now."

"Where here," he asked as he lowered his hand onto her .

She sighed as she slapped his hand away, "Such a manwhore."

He chuckled stepping into the elevator to be caught a little off balance, "Whoa..."

Minzy caught a hold of his arm to steady him, "Well looks like I'll be driving. The pills seem to be kicking in."

 

Helping him into the passengers seat she buckled him in and walked in to the driver's seat. Taeyang wanted to say something but all he could do was smile as his senses were numbing.

"Taeyang," the blurred Minzy echoed and faded away.

 

Taeyang awoke to the ringing of his phone. Mumbling through his sleep, he reached down into his pocket and answered it, "Hello?"

"You sound messed up man. Where are you? I've been calling you all day and I even went to see if you were at your apartment and you weren't even there," Top said.

"Huh," Taeyang asked as he was coming to. He could hear kids laughing and people talking from outside. Slowly opening his eyes, he saw that he was in the passenger's seat of his car. "What the..." he looked around as his vision was clearing.

"Hey man are you okay?" He rubbed his eyes to look around and see that he was at a park. Screaming kids ran by towards the park where he saw Minzy sitting on the swings alone. "Taeyang? Taeyang are you okay?"

"Uh...yeah man I'll call you back," he said before hanging up.

Unlocking the door, he walked over towards Minzy. She seemed to be lost in her thoughts as she was starring at the ground kicking the dirt beneath her. This gave him the perfect opportunity to come up from behind and push her.

"AHH," Minzy squeaked as she gripped on tight to the swing handles. He laughed as he pushed her again, "Taeyang you're a dead man!"

"Yes I'm a dead man for pushing his girlfriend on the swings," he said as he continued to push her.

"I'm not your girlfriend! Now stop so I can get down," she demanded.

"No way," he smiled at her while she glared back at him giving her a harder push and sending her higher.

She squeaked again making herself and Taeyang giggle as he pushed her, "Stop it!"

He let out an evil laugh as he didn't listen, "Not when I'm having too much fun." Giving her another push he watched as she gripped on the swing chains and flipped down onto her feet before him. "Whoa..."

Minzy punched him in the gut making him gasp, "That's what you get for not listening punk!" She dusted herself off and tossed him his keys before she began to walk away.

"Where are you going," he called after her.

She waved back to him, "I was only waiting until you woke up. This is a park just around the corner of that bench you always pick me up from." Pointing in the direction she looked back and smiled, "See you !"

"Minzy there's children around," Taeyang teased.

She only shrugged her shoulders as she continued to walk away. Sighing he watched her leave. She was always the one who was walking away and leaving him with those different feelings he hadn't figured out yet.

 

Author's Notes:

Oh gosh I should update my other fics but I've really been in the mood to update this one haha. Thanks for reading and commenting! <3