Chapter Twenty-nine

Faking Innocence

Taeyang couldn’t seem to find the right outfit. Everything he seemed to try on didn’t seem to feel right. But he knew better, sighing out in frustration he plopped down onto his bed. He couldn’t remember the last time he felt so unnerved. Running his fingers through his hair, he picked up the first outfit he saw and went with it.

The attitude he carried when getting dressed was the same attitude he decided to go with as he drove to his destination. Taking a seat at the reserved table, he started to feel nervous. It had been five long years since he had last seen or heard from her. Thinking of the last five years of darkness and despair had him clenching his fists. He had never in his life been dumped, let alone feel anything deeper than physical attraction.

“Taeyang,” a sweet voice rang in his ears, causing him to stand to his feet.

Turning around, he was surprised to see the woman before him, “Bom?!”

“Hey baby,” she sang sweetly as she pecked his lips and wrapped her arms around his neck. “I’ve missed you.”

Taking her by the hips, he pulled her in for a warm embrace, “I’ve missed you too.” Watching as she pulled out of his embrace, Bom went to take the seat across from him, “What are you doing here?”

She smiled as she gave him an expecting look, “Are you waiting for someone?”

He chuckled as he sat down, “Yeah actually I am.”

“Well you don’t have to wait any longer because I’m here,” she said happily as she waved for the waiter. “We would like to order please,” Bom smiled up at the waiter. After placing her order she looked over at Taeyang, “Have you decided on what you want?”

Pursing his lips tightly together, he sat staring at her before quietly speaking, “Did she fly you out here?”

Bom’s smile spread further, “She did. At first I thought it was a joke, but when someone delivered tickets to a private jet I couldn’t resist. You didn’t tell me you had very rich friends.”

He gave her a half smile, “Let’s just say this was pay back for something that happened years ago.”

The pair laughed the time away as they enjoyed each other’s’ company. Taking her hand in his, he couldn’t help but smile at her, “You know I love you right?”

She bit her lower lip as she gladly intertwined her fingers with his, “Oh yeah?”

“Yes,” he nodded as he brought her hand up and pressed his lips onto the top of her hand. “Why don’t we get out of here?”

“I’d like that,” she grinned.

“Compliments of Ms. Gong,” the waiter reappeared with a gift basket of snacks and wine.

“I’m liking this Ms. Gong more and more,” Bom chimed in as they realized that everything had been paid for in advance. Walking out hand in hand, Bom was impressed with the valet who politely opened the door for her, “Thank you.”

“So where shall we go to enjoy our gift basket,” Taeyang asked.

“Let’s go back to the hotel I’m staying at. Your friend got me the pent house reserved for the weekend,” Bom squealed. “It comes with everything the spa, paid room service, my own personal driver! I feel like a queen.”

“Don’t get used to it. We won’t be living like this forever,” he chimed in.

But she waved him off as she stared out her window, “I know, so that’s why I’m going to make the most of it.”

Bom and Taeyang lay on the king size bed staring into each other’s eyes. Without a word, Bom reached over and cupped his face, “How did I get so lucky?”

Placing his hands onto hers, he sighed, “No I’m the lucky one.”

Biting her lower lip, she went in for a kiss, “Babe since I’m here I want to meet your parents.” Taeyang froze at her words and lay silently. “I mean if we’re going to get married and all I want to at least meet your parents.” Snuggling up against him, she wrapped her arms around his waist, “I know you don’t really get along with them, but they are your parents after all. I just want to meet the people who raised the love of my life.”

Taeyang continued to stay quiet as he held her in his arms. He didn’t know what to say and he hoped she wouldn’t press him any further. Lucky for him, his prayers were answered as he felt her breathing slow down. She had fallen fast asleep, exhausted from her travels.

Slowly shifting out of her embrace, he made his way out to the living room area. Taking his phone out, he dialed Minzy’s office number. “Hello Taeyang how is your fiancé,” CL’s voice answered through the found.

“Great thank you. Could you please transfer me to your boss so that I may thank her,” he replied.

“I think she’s about to leave…”

“It will be short. I promise,” he cut her off.

“Give me a second,” CL said sounding annoyed as she placed him on hold.

“Hello Mr. Dong, how may I help you,” Minzy spoke through the phone.

“I…I just wanted to thank you…”

“Don’t mention it. Please enjoy your time with your fiancé,” she cut him off. “I figured you probably would enjoy dining with Bom instead.”

“True, but I’m suprsied you know that Bom and I are engaged. We just made it official a month ago,” he said softly.

“Mr. Dong we are in a partnership, I make it my business to know everything about the people we come into contact with. If you are concerned with your family finding out about her and especially her background, please understand that has nothing to do with me. I will not pry into your family affairs.”

“You’ll just make sure it doesn’t affect the business,” he said in a snarky tone.

“Correct. Now please enjoy yourself. I have important business to attend to,” Minzy said curtly before hanging up.

“What a ,” he hissed as he hung up the phone.

 

Taeyang wanted nothing more than to lie next her sleeping form, but his daily duties had him up early. Taking a long hot shower, he took one last glimpse at Bom sleeping before getting dressed. Making his way out to the living room space he was surprised to see none other than his sister Hayi sitting on one of the sofas. She turned in his direction and folded her arms across her chest smirking, “Good morning sleeping beauty. I see you had to through yourself a welcome home party with this penthouse for the weekend.”

“How the did you get in here,” he hissed annoyed at how easily she got under his skin.

She rolled her eyes as she shrugged, “Do you honestly think I wouldn’t hear about my only brother’s wear-abouts when he finally decides to come home? Give me some credit you dumb .”

“What do you want,” he said through gritted teeth curious as to what she knew.

“How about a ing hi to start with? Since I haven’t seen or heard from your dumb for five years,” she spat. “I swear you have no manners, one would question if you were the baby in the family.”

“Hi, now what the do you want,” he quickly said.

“Alright I’m going to be straight with you, father doesn’t like that you’ve come home. He’s worried that you being back means that there are troubles with our overseas businesses. Also he wants to make things clear that Minzy is off limits. You’ve been back one day and you’re stirring things up. Leave her the alone or father with cut all ties with you.”

He scoffed as he glared over at his sister, “I do what the I want.”

Hayi shook her head as she raised to her feet, “I don’t know if you remember, but the only reason you get to sleep in a penthouse like this with a in your bed is with father’s money…oh wait it’s with Minzy’s money this time.” She stood with a hard glare, “I don’t know what the you did these past five years, but trust me when I say this, if you do anything to ruin our ties with the Gong family father will be the last of your worries!”

“You sound like Minzy’s lap dog. How pathetic,” he said indifferent to her threats.

“You’re the last one that should be talking! You’re the one chasing after her like a wounded stray! You don’t deserve her, so off. I mean it. Leave her alone,” she hissed. Turning she made her way to the door, but before leaving she glanced over her shoulder, “You should try ing with rich s instead of poor ones, that way you’ll have some kind of income when I inherit everything.”

Taeyang was furious as his sister took her leave. Cursing her, he could have sworn she was a clone of their father. Inhaling deeply he looked at the time and sighed before he too took his leave. Speeding all the way to the office, he made it in no time. Taking his old office from before he left, he began looking through the proposal Minzy had brought up the other day. Glancing through her facts and graphs he growled before driving his fist into his table.

“I see you’ve finally had the chance to go through the proposal that I sent you before you decided to come home for a up close and personal meeting,” his father’s voice echoed as he entered.

“Father what are you doing here,” Taeyang quickly stood to his feet to greet his father respectfully.

“Son this company is my life. I make time for it every day do you,” his father fired right back.

“I…I’ve been trying…”

His father sighed as he made his way towards Taeyang’s desk, “Son I don’t need you to try. Trying is a pathetic excuse. I want you to do it.”

“Yes sir,” Taeyang nodded in understanding.

“One more thing, you’re staying at home when you’re in town. I don’t appreciate you staying at some hotel with some …”

“She’s not a ,” Taeyang cut his father off.

His father grew quiet as he stood staring at him, “Son you can love whoever you want, but let this be known you will marry whomever I choose will benefit this family.”

“Father you can’t be serious,” he gasped in disbelief. “But I…”

“Remember son if you want to lead this company it’s no longer about just your needs and wants. Trust me when I say this, you can’t marry someone beneath you.”

“She’s not beneath me,” Taeyang countered. “I love her!”

“Yet you embarrass me in front of Ms. Gong acting like a mad man! Son if you were truly whipped on that woman you would’ve stayed away! You will never have my blessing with that girl you claim to love and if you have any ounce of respect for her you will let her go.”

“Father please,” Taeyang plead as he felt the tears building.

“Don’t beg me for something you already know the answer to. Just know that if you choose that girl you choose her way of life as well,” he said firmly before he took his leave.

Taeyang collapsed into his chair as he soaked up his father’s words.

 

Author's Notes:

Alright folks I spent the last month or so trying to squeeze in as much time and efforts into cranking out some chapters for this fic. It wasn't easy, but I'm proud to say that I've written 7 other chapters. I will be releasing at least one chapter every week from here on out until this fic is done. And gratefully I can say it's almost there! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!