Chapter One

Faking Innocence

"Why the long face," Dara pouted as she looked up to her man's frowning face.

He shrugged not knowing the reason either as he escorted her to her next class. Giving her the expected peck on the lips, before he left. What exactly was wrong with him? He was at one of the top schools with the top model girlfriend, the hottest guy and dancer in school. Yet he still felt like he was missing something. What was it?

His thoughts were interupted as someone pushed into him. He looked down to see a girl gathering her book quickly and scooped down to help her.

"I'm so sorry," she said as she picked up her things.

"No problem," he answered giving her a book she had missed.

She took the book from him and gave him an apologetic smile before she started walking away.

"Wait aren't you in one of my classes," he called after her.

She turned to get a better look, but she showed no recognition.

Seeing the expression on her face, he quickly spoke up, "I'm Taeyang, from biology. I sit in the back, but you sit in the front of the class so that's probably why you can't recognize me."

She stood thinking about it, before a smile spread across her face, "Oh I see...well Taeyang it's nice seeing you. I need to go to my next class, it starts in five minutes. But I'll see you around."

He chuckled as she walked away knowing all too well that she in reality still didn't know who he was. That was a first, since everyone knew who he was. Being Mr. Popular that he was, he made it his business to know or know of everyone on campus, even that girl who didn't know him at all. Her name was Gong Minzy a transfer student. She was a quiet one who didn't really talk to anyone or have any friends but seemed okay with that. Though he didn't really know too much about her, he was able to tell what kind of person she was by the way she walked and dressed. From her gold chained necklace of a cross, signifying she was a catholic to her layers of long clothing to not reveal any time of figure she might have, she was a big time good girl. He sighed as he continued to walk in the opposite direction feeling bad for the girl, it must be tough to find a boyfriend looking and acting like that.

__________

"You WHAT," Dara shouted in disbelief.

Taeyang placed his hand onto his ear, not liking th shierking sounds she was making, "You heard me, let's end this."

Dara was confused at what was happening. Wasn't it an hour ago that he was giving her a kiss goodbye? What could've happened in such short of time, "Are you cheating on me? Is that why?"

He shook his head knowing this would come up, "No, it's not like that."

"THEN WHAT," she continued to shout.

"Stop yelling I'm right here, I just don't feel like we have anything going for us," he said.

Dara looked at him with hate filled eyes not understanding why he was saying all this, "Is that all you can come up with? Stop giving me excuses and tell me the real reason why."

"FINE! I'm bored with you! I'm tired of acting like we're a great couple when I don't feel anything for you anymore," he confessed.

Her hand connected with his cheek letting the sound of her slap echo in the hall, "Well I hope you felt that, because what you said hurt more." She turned and stormed off not caring that there were nosy people whispering about in the hall.

He let out a sigh of relief that he finally did it. Though he was pretty sure he would regret this later, it had been on his mind for the longest. Dara was perfect and everything he could ever ask for, but for some strange reason he got bored with having it all.

"Ouch, that looks like it hurts," Top said as he fell into step with him.

"What does?"

"Uh...the huge red hand mark that's on the side of your face," Top chuckled.

Taeyang reached up to feel his face and it somewhat stung, "Oh whatever."

"Man are you okay, you just broke up with the hottest girl in school."

"Well I was bored."

Top threw his arm over Taeyang's shoulders, "Then can I have her?"

Taeyang pushed Top away as he shook his head, "What? Man you're crazy for asking me that!"

"No you're crazy for breaking up with her," Top replied back.

"Whatever man, can we talk about something else," Taeyang asked.

"So who is your next victim now that you've crushed the hottest girl in school's heart," Top whispered as he began to scan the girls they passed in the halls.

Taeyang stopped to glance over at his best friend, "How long are we going to be playing this game? Shouldn't I have won this stupid game already?"

Taeyang and Top had been best of friends since they could remember and they had been playing this sick game since they could remember. No one knew, but them. It started in junior high as a prank and soon became like a sport to them as they grew older. One would be dating to only break things up before they started to really have feelings for the girl. They're usual targets were of course, nothing but the top notch girls within school.

"What are you giving up," Top spoke proudly waiting to claim his victory.

"No, no. I just think it's kinda boring how we keep targeting the same girls," Taeyang said.

"Well what do you want to date an ugly girl then," Top coughed a laugh.

He shrugged his shoulders thinking that maybe that would be a little more interesting, "Maybe or maybe not. I just feel like this game is getting old, I need a challenge."

Top paused as he thought deeply at what Taeyang was getting at, "A challenge huh? Well..." He looked around scanning the scene for any possible candidate. "Her," he spoke loudly as he pointed to someone who was eating alone.

Taeyang couldn't make out who the girl was, but that didn't matter since it wasn't his turn to go anyways, "Naw it's your turn man."

"Why are you chicken," Top challenged.

 "No I just broke up with Dara. It will cause drama," Taeyang tried to remind Top of the rules.

"But I thought you wanted a challenge?"

"Seriously..." Taeyang asked.

Top nodded, "Yup, if you can finish this girl off you've won the game hands down."

Taeyang sighed knowing he couldn't back down as he aimlessly walked up to the mysterious girl. He took glance back at Top who was intently starring before he sat across from her. Let the games begin, "Hi is this seat taken?"

"Yes it is," she said as she looked to see who was asking. To her surprise it was the guy she had seen earlier that day, "Taeyang right?"   

 

Author's Notes:

Well there you have it. Dating is nothing but a silly game to Taeyang...that's what I was aiming for. Hopefully it came across that way. LOL! Thanks for reading!!!