Chapter Three

Faking Innocence

Taeyang arrived early to his biology class and acted as if he was going over notes when Minzy walked in to take her regular seat. "Oh hey," he smiled up at her and she only smiled back with a nod as she took her seat. He looked back down to his notes as if studying as he watched her from the corner of his eye preparing for the coming lecture, "Umm Minzy?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you explain this to me," he asked as he randomly pointed to something on his paper for her to look at. She leaned over to look and she grinned as she began to giggle. He didn't understand what she was laughing at until he looked to see that he had pointed at his sketch of her name with hearts around it. He quickly moved the paper into his book and closed it before giving her an apologetic smile, "Oh...uh sorry."

She smiled as she shook her head, "No it's fine."

He sighed as he tried to look away feeling his cheeks warm, "So now that you know how hard it is for me to focus, could you please tutor me?"

Minzy gave him a half smile, "I'm sorry Taeyang, I honestly can't. I have too much on my plate to tutor anyone. AND I'm not that great in biology, hence me sitting up here."

"Oh I see that's the trick," he nodded.

"Don't worry you'll do just fine," she gave him an encouraging smile before she turned to see the professor walk in.

 

Taeyang crumbled up the paper of his fake notes and tossed them in the trash as he watched Minzy walk away. Though that trick didn't work, he had plenty more up his sleaves and he was determined to find one that worked.

 

"So how's the challenge coming along," Top asked as he walked up to Taeyang while biting into his apple.

He shrugged his shoulders not really in the mood to talk to him right now as he waited for Minzy, "It's coming." He grinned to himself before heading over to Minzy's table. "Wow I'm starving," he said as he started to pull out a lunch he had packed.

"Umm..."

He looked up with wide eyes, "Hey Minzy! I didn't even notice you there."

She grinned as she nodded her head and quietly began to eat.

"Wow this is really good! Do you wanna try some? I made it all by myself," he said as he pushed his sack lunch towards her.

"No thanks, I've got my own," she said shaking her head.

Taeyang shrugged his shoulders as he pulled his lunch back and began to eat it again, "So..." He tried to say to get her attention, but she wasn't paying any mind to him as she looked around. "SOOOO..." he spoke loudly. She finally looked and he smiled as he continued, "So how has your day been?"

"Good," was all she said as she went back to eating.

"Well what does that mean," he asked not letting her off that easily.

She shrugged her shoulders as she sipped her juice, "Good."

He nodded as he continued the conversation, "Did you notice anything different about me today?"

Minzy stopped and looked at the smiling Taeyang and shook her head, "No, I mean I just met you so I wouldn't know if there is a difference."

"I'm wearing pink," he stated as he waved his hand towards his pink shirt for her to look.

"Uhh...that's...nice?"

"It's your favorite color," he reminded her.

She giggled as she shook her head, "So that's what you meant. Well that was sweet of you." Minzy gathered her things and threw her garbage away before walking away.

Taeyang quickly walked after her, "Hey that's all I get? A that's sweet of you?"

"Honestly I don't like it when guy's where pink. But that was very thoughtful of you. I gotta go, I'll see you around," she waved as she walked away from him.

He frowned to himself as both attempts failed. But he wasn't about to give up, he had only just started.

 

Taeyang changed into some long shorts and a white shirt before heading into the school gym. It was the best option avaliable for him to relief some stress. He put on his head phones as he hopped onto the nearest treadmil that was open. When he started to jog he noticed the person beside him was going twice his speed. He couldn't tell who the guy was because he was wearing all black sweats with the hoodie over his face. But whoever he was, Taeyang secretly wanted to race him. He reached for his speed and increased it to the same speed, making him go into a dead sprint. Though it was nearly killing him to keep up, Taeyang noticed that this speed was normal for this person. What was he an olympian runner?

Feeling himself slipping, Taeyang quickly hit the stop button and jumped off heaving as he tried to catch his breath.

"Taeyang? Are you okay," a feminine voice asked.

"I'm...fine..." he waved her off still trying to catch his breath.

"Do you want me to get you some water or something?"

He looked up to see a concerned Minzy wearing all black sweats. Was that her? No way!  "Oh no really I'm fine, thanks," he said straightening his posture.

"Okay, well be careful with the rest of your work out," she waved as she left.

When she turned away he bent over again, heaving as he tried to catch his breath. He knew he needed to step it up with his work out routine.

 

Taeyang was aching all over his body the next day of school, trying to walk the best he could through his soreness.

"Hey man," Top came up from behind patting Taeyang on the back.

"AAHHH," he screeched in pain.

Top quickly removed his hand and looked at his pain stricken friend, "Are you okay?"

"Do I look okay to you," Taeyang grumbled.

"Hey Taeyang are you okay," Minzy called after him.

He quickly straighened his posture as he coughed a laugh, "Yeah I'm fine. I'll see you in class."

She smiled as she gave him a big slap to his back, "Okay see you then."

His eyes widened at the rippling pain that ran throughout his body, "Yeah see you then!" When she walked away he looked to see his best friend biting his lower lip trying to hold in his laugh, "What are you laughing at?"

"Nothing, nothing," Top chuckled as they walked into school.

 

 

Author's Notes:

Yikes, sorry this chapter is a little boring. I'll try to do better in the next one.