Chapter Thirty-two

Faking Innocence

Taeyang clenched his chest with a hand as he drove away. His chest was pounding fiercely, he thought it would explode any moment. The rush of adrenaline pumping through his veins had him stepping on the gas. Turning up his music, he ignored the ringing of his phone determined to do as he promised. It only took him a few minutes to see the mansion peering through the mountain side. Grinning evilly, he pulled up to the mansion boundaries. Parking out front, he swiftly made his way through the gate. Creeping as quietly and quickly as possible, he knew she probably had guards lined in the front. Rushing from bush to bush he made his way through the back. Tip toeing his way through, he smiled as he spotted the chubby little boy from earlier playing on a playground set. His attention was diverted to the little boy as he made his way over. Suddenly he stopped in his tracks as a woman came into view walking over to the boy. Staying in place, he watched the woman bend over towards the little boy and noticed her shirt inch up. There was a familiar flower pattern along with English lettering. His jaw dropped as he read the letters, "Who are you?" 

His words startled the woman as she scooped up the child into her arms and turned to see the intruder, "Taeyang!"

"Why is...my name on your back," he asked as he stepped into view. 

"How did you get back here," she snapped at him. 

"We need to talk," he held his hands up showing that he meant no harm. 

She glared at him with so much hate, "There's nothing for me to say to you!"

"Then let me talk. It's the least you can do for me," he begged. 

"Taeyang why can't you leave me alone," she began to cry. "I just want you to leave me alone please!"

Her words pained him so much, was he just some obsessed stalker to her? He couldn't believe that, "Not until you hear me out." 

Minzy knelt slowly crying with the little boy in her arms, "I'm tired of fighting you." 

"Then stop fighting me and listen," he said as boldly as he could. Though his knees felt like jelly seeing her in such a state, he knew he had to stay strong, "Why are you pushing me away? Do you hate me that much? What did I do so badly to make you treat me this way? I don't understand where we went wrong." Going down to his knees, he sat quietly as he stared at the little boy gaining courage to continue. "Minzy I want to understand you. I want to know how to make things right with us." 

"There can't be an us," she mumbled through her tears. 

"Why not? Is it because of this child," he shifted his gaze over to the boy laying his head onto Minzy's shoulder. 

He watched as she closed her eyes and let the tears fall faster, "No." 

"Then what is it," he asked softly. 

She opened her watering eyes and gazed at him, "No...because that would make me selfish." 

"How so," he spurred her on. 

Shaking her head, she got back up on her feet, "Let's not do this today." 

"No we're going to do this today, right now," he countered as he stood to stop her. 

"You can't come into my home and tell me how things go," Minzy snapped at him. 

He knew this wasn't going to go anywhere and decided to cut right to the point, "Then let me tell you this. I've come to let you know that my family wants your family to honor their promise." 

"What promise? I warned your father about our terms of partnership..." 

"The promise that binds you to me. You and I must get married," Taeyang cut her off. "There are no ifs, buts or maybes. A promise is a promise and I'm here to collect it." 

"You can't be serious," she scoffed at him. 

"I'm dead serious. You leave me no choice, but to do so," he said sternly. 

"I won't do it," Minzy began to cry again. 

It was his turn to scoff at her, "You will whether you like it or not." Turning he stopped and coldly stared back at her, "Please wish my future uncle good health." 

Taeyang took confident strides as he made his way through the front. As expected, men in black suits rushed to block his way. Haulting he waited for the leader of the pack. "This dumb has a death wish," Jay smirked as he stepped forward. "Get him," he simple said as he nodded to which Taeyang was swarmed. 

Taeyang ducked and dodged as many hits as he could, but evently was blind sided to his right that sent him flying flat on his back. Shielding his face, he tucked his legs in to fetal position to lessen the blows. But it was fight that was lost as he soon was knocked unconscious. 

 

Taeyang awoke to a blast of water to his face. Coughing as he opened his heavy eyes, he looked around in a daze. Light headed he did his best to focus his attention as his head was throbbing. "You are one persistent son of a ," a voice echoed. Inhaling deeply to gain focus, he made out the dark figure sitting before him. "You're lucky my men went easy on you. I have a soft spot for you." 

"I'm glad someone does," Taeyang said as he spit out blood from his mouth. 

This made Se7en chuckle, "What are you doing man? You may be persistent, but you're dumb as ." 

Taeyang shrugged his soar shoulders as he sighed, "What can I say the brains went to my sister." 

"I can tell," Se7en nodded at his situation. Standing to his feet, he walked up to Taeyang and lifted his chin to face him, "You know I'm going to have to teach you a lesson for making Minzy cry right?" 

Taeyang nodded in understanding, "Yes. I remember." 

Se7en suddenly hit him in the face, "Let's just make sure you're fully aware of your consequences." 

 

Taeyang awoke to the rays of the sun light. Fluttering his heavy eye lids open, he was met with the bright light. Gazing over he noticed the medical equipment surrounding him in his room. Inhaling through his oxygen mask, he glanced around as he became fully awake. Waking up he realized that it was his sister sleeping with her head ontop of his hand. It was an odd sight to see, seeing as their only affection for each other was hate. But it was nice, seeing her squeeze his wrist that made him hiss in pain. His reaction woke her as she opened her eyes to see him looking at her. "You're alive," she gasped as she sat up. Her eyes were puffy and red as if she had been crying, another odd thing that had him in awe. "I thought that you were never going to wake up you dumb ! What in the world were you thinking? Are you stupid?!" And just like that, the odd affection was gone as she went on a rant of how he was this and that. Taking a breather she finally sighed, "But thanks to your stupidity the secret is out." 

"What..." he coughed and was grateful for the water that was placed at his lips. "Thank you. What secret?" 

Hayi pursed her lips tightly together as she thought about what to say, "Well...father and mother are now involved after seeing how you returned back to us. And let's just say that you're getting what you want." 

"What is that?" 

She sighed deeply as she spoke, "Minzy is going to come over and talk with you." 

"When," he wanted to leap to his feet but his injured body held him in place. 

"I will let our parents know that you are awake because they would like to talk to you first. Meanwhile I'll call Minzy over," she instructed. 

"Great," he grinned to himself. 

Hayi shook her head at her crazy brother, "You're ing nuts." 

"Can you blame me," he nodded to himself making them both laugh at his circumstances. 

 

Taeyang lay listening to the soft humming of the vitals machine. Shifting his gaze as a knock came at his door, he watched as his parents walked in. His mother wore a look of concern while his father had that stern face. "Hello mother and father." 

"Hi son," his mother said as she sat next to him, taking his hand in hers. "How are you feeling?" 

"Not too bad," he grinned reassuring his mother that the pain was tolerable. 

Glancing over he watched as his father stood at the foot of his bed, "Son you are one dumb fool." 

Taeyang chuckled softly, wincing at the pain that soon followed, "Father I thought you already knew that." 

He watched as his father sighed deeply, "Though I don't understand why you continue to pursue Ms. Gong, I am fully aware of the extent you will go to get to her." Pursing his lips together, he thought about his words like an experienced business man that he was, "Son we've made up our mind and fully support whatever this thing is that your are trying to prove." 

"So you're going to push for our marriage," Taeyang asked in surprise. 

Taeyang could see the struggle in his father's eyes, "If it's what you truly desire then yes son. I've let my intension be known to Mr. Gong so that he too can fully grasp the situation at hand." 

"Thank you father," Taeyang said gratefully. 

"But understand this," his father cut in before he could become excited. "You need to tread carefully. Ms. Gong is well connected from both sides of the business as you can see. This won't be easy. I know Ms. Gong is just as strong head or even more than you. Do you hear me?" 

"Yes father," Taeyang nodded. 

"And one more thing son, understand that she is a woman," his mother spoke up. "Though your circumstances may be forcing her to be with you. You cannot force the heart to do what it is not willing to." 

His mother's voice spoke words of experience as she glanced over to his father then back to him, "Listen with your ears and your heart before listening to what your mind tells you." 

"I'll try," he softly said as his mother nodded.

 

Taeyang closed his eyes and listened to his surroundings. His aches and pains didn't compare to the pain he was feeling in his heart. He hated that it had come to this, but if this was the only way to get to her, he was going to do it. He knew it was low and pathetic, but it was the last resort he convinced himself. Staying still he felt his heart skip a beat as he heard foot steps approaching. He felt his heart rate pick up as he listened to the door knob turning. With his eyes still closed, he listened to her footsteps enter his room. Fluttering his eyes open, her very appearance had his stomach doing flips. 

"I see Se7en went easy on your dumb ," Minzy smirked at him.