Chapter Thirty-four

Faking Innocence

Taeyang stumbled his way back into the mansion as the sun began to rise. Quietly making his way to his room, he grinned as he looked at his bed. Flopping flat on his face, he groaned in relief at the comfort of his bed. "You must have had a great night out," a voice called to get his attention.

Shifting his head, he was surpised to see Minzy with a small teddy bear upon her lap. "I'm too tired to fight with you right now," Taeyang mumbled against his sheets. "Maybe tomorrow..."

She sighed as she stood to her feet and sat next to him. Gently lifting his head upon her lap she grinned down at him, "You're going to have a beer belly soon," she teased as she began to run her fingers through his hair.

This gesture sent a shiver down his spine as he smiled up at her, "Beer bellies can act like a portable table."

Minzy giggled as she watched him pat his stomach, "How convenient." The two grew quiet as they stared at each other. Each one taking in the other's appearance, comparing what they remembered to what was staring back at them now. Taeyang took the first bold step as he reached up to her. Watching as she slightly flinched, but still allowing him to cup her cheeks into his hands. Tugging her down softly, he gazed upon her face as his thumbs traced small circles onto her cheeks.

“Beautiful,” he broke the silence.

Watching as she bit down on her lower lip, she placed her hands on top of his, “Just ing kiss me already.”

Her impatient words made him chuckle before he brought her face down. Pressing his lips ever so gently against hers, he couldn’t believe this was happening. Working his lips against hers, he wanted to be careful not to rush such a dream come true. Running his tongue along her lips to taste of her strawberry gloss, he earned a blissful hum.

“Kiss me harder,” she breathed onto his lips as she trapped his lower in between her teeth. Encouraging him to take things further, she laid next to him and wrapped her hands back behind his head.

Her eagerness spurred him into flipping over to hover over her body. Reluctantly pulling away from her sweet kisses, he stared down at her capturing her flushed cheeks as she had a look of lust in her eyes. Cupping her cheek with one hand, he leaned his body onto his forearm not to crush her, “Do you know what you’re doing?”

“No,” she simply answered before reaching up to pull him back into a rough kiss.

 

Taeyang let out a blissful sigh as he wrapped his arms around Minzy’s body and pulled her against his. Nuzzling his face into the side of her neck, he pressed a soft kiss upon it, “Good morning beautiful.”

“Morning,” she yond as she reached up and held him against her encouraging him to continue, to which he gladly did. His peppered kisses made her giggle as she wiggled in his arms. “Stop,” she laughed as she turned to face him. Leaning her forehead against his, she grinned before pecking his lips, “Thanks for last night.”

“It was my pleasure,” he winked at her. Rolling her eyes, she rolled onto his chest making him lay flat on his back, “Are we going another round?”

Minzy shook her head as she smiled down at him, “No I just wanted to pin you down so we could talk honestly.”

“Alright,” he nodded as he lay looking up at her.

“Taeyang I know you don’t understand why things ended the way they did, but I want you to know it was for your sake. And even though time has passed my reasons remain the same. We can’t be together…” Before he could cut in she gave him a stern look, “If you truly love me like you say you do, you’ll understand that we can’t get married.”

“Why are you saying this,” he asked as he moved to sit up. “You and I both know that we love each other. Why can’t that be enough?”

“I wish love was that simple, but it isn’t,” she shrugged not knowing what else to say.

Taeyang scratched his head in frustration, “Love isn’t complicated, just the person giving it.”

His words made her grin as she nodded, “Hmm that’s possibly true.”

He took her hands in his as he searched her eyes desperately, “It is true! Our love is all that matters.”

She shook her head as she pulled away, “No there’s so much more.” Standing to her feet, she wrapped the sheet around her body, “Thank you for letting me indulge in a moment of weakness.”

“Weakness? Is that what I am to you,” he asked as he followed after her.

Minzy huffed as she got dressed, “Must you be so dramatic?”

“Can you blame me? You seem to love me when it’s convenient for only you,” he snapped.

“Sounds like someone I know,” she fired right back.

He took her by the shoulders and glared at her, “This is not a game!”

“Is it,” she asked flatly before pushing past him.

Taeyang stood awe as he watched her disappear. He felt a tightness in his chest as he stood quiet. Clenching his fists, he tried to wrap his head around this woman that took advantage of him.

Taeyang made his way over to the Gong mansion after consulting with his parents. He figured the best way to handle this situation would be including them from now on. Pulling up front, he was immediately flanked by the many men in black suits. “Can we help you,” Jay tipped his dark shades at him.

“I’m here to see Mr. Gong,” Taeyang replied as he got out of his car.

“He’s right,” Teddy said as he stepped forward. “He’s out back, follow me.”

Taeyang walked past the curious glances as he followed Teddy to the back. There Mr. Gong sat watching the small chubby boy play on the playset. “Sir,” Taeyang bowed as he approached him.

“The simple joys of a child,” Mr. Gong said as he kept his eyes on the boy running back up the steps to the slide.

“He’s such a lovely child,” Taeyang said agreeing full heartedly at his little buddy from church.

“He’s much more than just a lovely child. He’s my heart and soul. As well as Minzy,” Mr. Gong added. Glimpsing once more at the child, he then turned his attention to Taeyang, “Son I’m dying.” His words took Taeyang by surprise as he stood wide eyed at his abrupt confession. “When a man finds out such news he gains a new perspective on life. He sees what’s really important compared to what is a waste of time.” Taeyang continued to stand quietly as Mr. Gong went on, “I want to make things right by you. Though I do not see eye to eye with your way of life I must thank you for bringing meaning and purpose to my life. It is because of you that I’ve found my family and because of that I’m indebted to you.”

“It wasn’t intentional, but I’m glad to have done you this service,” Taeyang bowed.

Mr. Gong nodded as he glanced back to the small boy, “For this reason I hope that my dear niece will understand why I’m going to tell you what I’m going to tell you.”

“What is it sir,” he asked.

Sighing deeply he turned his attention back on Taeyang and frowned, “I think I have wronged you and your family for quite some time and want to make things right at least by you.” Gazing over to the little boy Mr. Gong called out to him, “Taeyang come here.” Taeyang stood speechless as he followed Mr. Gong’s gaze to see the chubby child respond to the name. Glancing up with such a bright smile, the child looked to Mr. Gong who waved for him to come. The little boy waddled as he rushed over to Mr. Gong’s side. “Taeyang I want you to meet someone.” The boy looked earnestly at Mr. Gong who had wrapped his arms around him lovingly, “This guy here is your father.” The small boy followed Mr. Gong’s gaze up to Taeyang. “You see you were named after him. His name is Taeyang too,” Mr. Gong softly said as he pointed at Taeyang. “Go say hi,” Mr. Gong said as he patted the small boy.

The boy smiled brightly as he recognized Taeyang. He wasn’t shy at all as he walked over to Taeyang and stood before his feet. Reaching up towards him, the little boy held a big smile. Taeyang slowly fell onto his knees as he came face to face with the little boy. Gazing at him, he didn’t know what to think as the small child moved in for a hug. Wrapping his small arms around Taeyang’s neck, he gleefully spoke, “Taeyang.”

The way the child said his name, made him weep. Pulling the small boy in his arms, he cried as he held onto his new found son. “Hi son,” he mumbled at such a foreign thing leaving his mouth.

 

Taeyang stormed into Minzy’s office to find her on a conference call. “We need to talk,” he demanded.

She waved him off as she continued on her call. “Later,” she mouthed as she continued.

But he wasn’t having it as he marched over to her desk, “Tell me about my son!”

Minzy choked on her words as she gazed at Taeyang in disbelief, “Uh… I’m sorry. I’m going to have to call you back tomorrow to further discuss the details. Thank you.” Hanging up she glared at him, “What are you talking about?”

“What is your son’s name,” Taeyang growled.

“Why?”

“What…is…his…name,” he asked through gritted teeth.

“Taeyang…”

“Why did you name him that,” he cut her off. She folded her arms across her chest as she shrugged. “Answer me,” he drove his fist into her desk.

“Because he’s your son,” Minzy finally admitted out of spite.

He coughed a laugh in disbelief, “And when were you going to tell me this?”

“I wasn’t,” she said truthfully.

He glared at her with disgust, “Are you kidding me? You actually thought you could keep something this big from me?”

“It’s always about you isn’t it,” she glared with just as much intensity.

“Minzy that’s my son,” he shook his head in disbelief. “Is that why you didn’t want to marry me? Did you think so little of me to not fulfill my responsibilities as a man?”

“My son is not just something that you can check off of a list of things to do,” she scoffed. “You don’t know everything that’s going on,” she slumped her shoulders.

“Then tell me, please so I fully understand why you would keep my son from me,” he huffed.

“I don’t have to tell you ! You are not the boss of me,” she snapped. “You come in here wrecking like you always do when I know you’re just going to end up leaving anyway!” Taeyang stood quietly as he tried his best to calm his raging anger. “I honestly don’t know what I did to deserve such misery. All I ask is for you to leave me the alone. That’s all I ask, is that too much to ask for?”

“Is that really what you want,” he asked softly.

Minzy was in a mess of tears as she nodded. Clenching her fists into her chest she rocked herself, “You’re making my life so hard to bare. I can barely breathe.” She began to sob, “You have no idea what you’ve put me through and keep putting me through.” She glared through her tears at him, “Did you think you were the only one hurting? Did you honestly think I liked being played by you?”

“No,” he quietly replied.

She huffed at his simple answer, “ no is more like it.”

“But I told you that I loved you,” he countered.

“Yeah, players like you say stupid like that with no meaning behind it. So let’s just stop with that bull !”

“What’s it going to take for you to ing see just how crazy I am about you,” he barked.

She shrugged as she wiped at her tears, “All men are the ing same to me. They play games and leave you like it’s nothing, so I wouldn’t know.”

He shook his head in frustration, “You are one stubborn woman!”

“So I’ve heard,” she flatly said.

He sighed as he tried to keep level headed, “Look I’m sorry if you can’t see past your own insecurities, but let’s discuss the issue at hand. Our son. Our responsibility.”

“He’s not your responsibility…”

“He is whether you like it or not. He’s my son and I deserve to be in his life.”

“So what are you saying,” she looked at him curiously.

“If you don’t want to love me that’s your choice. As for my son, I am going to be in his life no matter what,” Taeyang said in a matter of fact tone.

“Taeyang,” she hissed as she began to cry again.

“Minzy there is no discussion. I’m going to take care of my son whether you like it or not,” he warned her before taking his leave.

 

Taeyang wasn’t surprised when revealing his news to his family, that Hayi was in the know. But he was surprised when she gave him a sincere hug. It was a touching moment that he awkwardly accepted. “Thanks for not walking away from my nephew,” Hayi sighed in relief.

“You think so little of me,” Taeyang teased as he pulled away.

“Not as much, since I’ll finally get to see my nephew freely,” she grinned.

Rolling his eyes he sighed as he nodded, “I’m glad to know that you only like me because of my son.” There was a tug at his heart when he said the word son again. It was odd, but it was something he was looking forward to getting used to.