Chapter Twenty-Seven

Faking Innocence

Groaning as he leaned his face onto the glass, he wondered why he was in his car. And as quickly as that thought had come it had gone. Shaking off his slumber he started his car glancing at the time before stepping on the gas. Weaving in and out of traffic he had one thing or more like one person in mind. Not knowing how he had made it to school in such a quickness, he stumbled through the doors rushing towards her classroom. Bursting through the door, he startled the class as he gazed the room for her. 

"Can I help you," the professor asked through gritted teeth at his rude entrance. 

"Uh, no sorry wrong class," he nodded as he tried one last time to find no such luck in finding her. Closing the door slowly he turned and was met with a smirking Dara. 

"You look like ," she crossed her arms before her and leaned against the wall. "Looking for someone?" 

"I have no time for your ing games right now Dara where is she?!" 

Dara's smirk turned into a glare as she placed her hands onto her hips, "Do I look like I'm playing ing games right now Taeyang?! Didn't I tell you to leave her alone? Now because of you she's gone..." 

"Gone? What do you mean," he cut her off in a panic. 

Rolling her eyes she stepped up to him and shoved an envelope into his chest, "It must really getting played for the first time." 

Gripping tightly at the envelope in hand, he stood quietly as he watched her walk away. His heart felt heavy as Dara's words echoed in his mind. Taking courage, he pushed her words out of his mind to focus on the paper in hand. Ripping it open he took out the letter and read the words from the young woman he was searching for moments ago. 

 

...FIVE YEARS...

It's funny how we can go through life repeating the same mistakes until we finally learn that we can't expect a different result if we keep doing the same thing. This was the thought that played many times in his mind, especially at a time like now. The smirk played upon his full lips as the cool liquor brushed against them. Inhaling the one thing he could depend on for but a small escape, he drank it to the very last drop. 

"You're too far gone to have another," Top huffed as he swiftly took the bottle before Taeyang could reach for it again. "Let's get you to bed," he suggested.

But Taeyang disagreed as he tried to grab the bottle to miss, "Give me the ing bottle! I'm drinking in the comfort of my own ing home so I can pass out wherever I damn well pleaseee..." Acting as though he was still put together, he stood abruptly onto his feet to feel a sudden rush of dizziness. Stumbling back into the bar, he glared over at Top to stay him, "I'm fine! I don't need you to ing baby sit me!" 

"I'm not here to baby sit you. Unless that's the reason why you called me here in the first place," Top growled reminding Taeyang. 

Letting out a sigh of relief, he waved him off, "I'm sorry for ruining our reunion. I thought...I thought five years was enough time." Taeyang was past control of his tongue as his feelings spilled so freely. "Sorry for not calling or ever checking up on you after all this time," he broke down as he fell to his knees. "I'm so sorry that I was so selfish of a friend to leave you..." 

Embracing his trembling friend Top sighed as he held him, "There's a lot of things we both did to be sorry for." 

 

Taeyang awoke to the cool morning air and got dressed for his big day. Placing his cuff links in, he nodded in approval before leaving his home. Driving through the streets, he ignored the memories that tried to catch up with him as he drove faster down the streets of Seoul. Arriving to his destination, he parked in front of the dreaded fortress of a building to be greeted by a line of various business men. Stepping out, he was flanked by them as he walked into the building. It was as expected, being greeted with deep bows of respect all but by the one man awaiting his arrival. 

"Hello father," Taeyang bowed deeply before standing tall before him. 

"Welcome home son," his father gave a slight proud grin.

Taeyang followed his father into the main conference room, where they took their seats to prepare for a meeting. One of the many meetings Taeyang had grown accustom to doing via telephone or through computer from his over seas travels. But even if it just another meeting, being in the conference room in person made him feel out of place. 

"Son," his father leaned over to him. "Don't be upset, but there will be someone else taking Mr. Gong's place today due to him falling very ill..." 

His father's voice fell to deaf ears as the doors opened his breath was taken away. It was as if time had froze and his heart had stopped beating. There standing before him was his past. A past that he had not seen nor heard from in five years. Watching breathlessly as the figure glided into the room, he looked upon the face of his doom. 

"Welcome back," she spoke so effortlessly to him with a smile of confidence that he seemed to lack at the moment. 

"M...Minzy," he choked out her name in disbelief. 

 

Author's Notes:

When the feeling comes you go with it and you freakin write! Haha Speeding up the story. Finishing stories is the name of the game or at least getting more chapters out.