Chapter Eight

Faking Innocence

Taeyang pushed himself up from the ground and smiled, "Oh...hey Minzy!"

"Who's he," Jay asked as he stepped forward.

She glared back at him, "None of your business!" She then looked back to Taeyang glaring, "What are you doing here?"

"Uhh...we were just in the neighborhood and saw that there was a party so we decided to stop by," he lied.

"Really," Minzy asked not believing a word he said. "Or did you read my text?" His eyes widened, letting her know that she was right. She coughed a laugh as she shook her head, "Unbelievable!"

"Sorry, I was just..." Taeyang started to feel bad that he had read her text.

"You were just being a pest and reading other people's texts," she spoke raising her voice.

"Whoa, calm down. I'm sorry okay," he said lifting his hands up in defeat.

She sighed as she looked at her phone and realized what time it was, "Crap I need to go."

"Where you going," CL asked as she approached the group.

Minzy turned and gave her friend a half smile, "Sorry girl I got to go before they find out I'm not home."

CL pouted as she nodded in understanding giving her a friend a hug, "Okay, thanks for coming. Come visit me again okay?" She pulled away looking Minzy in the eyes with all seriousness, "And sooner than later or I'll come over there and kick your got it?"

Minzy giggled as she nodded embracing her friend once more, "I love you girl!"

"Love you too," CL smiled as she pulled away. She turned to Jay and intertwined fingers with him, "Let's go back inside."

He nodded as he looked over at Minzy, "I'll see you later."

Minzy put on a fake smile, "Yeah, see ya!" When she turned the fake smile faded as she began to walk away.

"Hey what was that," Taeyang asked as he fell into step with her.

"What was what," she asked as she began to shiver realizing that she was in the cold with a mini dress on.

Taeyang realized her shivering and took off his jacket and slung it over her shoulders, "Here wear this."

But she refused it, pushing it back to him, "No that's okay."

"No it's cold, just wear it," he argued as he placed the jacket on her shoulders once more. He looked back to see Top following from a distance wondering what he was doing.

"Where are you going," Top mouthed.

Taeyang reached into his pocket and secretly tossed the keys back at Top, "Go and wait at the car," Taeyang mouthed back. Top nodded as he did what he was told.

"Okay this is me," Minzy said as she stopped at a small black car. She handed Taeyang's jacket back to him, "Thanks."

He pushed it back to her, "Just keep it for tonight and bring it back to me tomorrow."

She pushed it back to him once again, "Well then here you go. It's already tomorrow!"

He shook his head at her stubborness, "Look just take it and I'll get it from you at school."

She shook her head shoving the coat up against his chest, "Don't Taeyang. I don't need your kindness."

Never once had he met such a stubborn girl like her, "Well can't you just take it for once. Not for your sake, but for me? It will make me feel guilty."

Minzy sighed as she pulled the coat back, "Fine, how about you come and pick it up from me on Sunday?"

"Why Sunday?"

She pulled out her phone and quickly started to text, "If you want your coat back meet me at this place at ten am sharp."

Taeyang's phone went off as he looked to see that he had received a message from her. When he shifted his gaze back up, Minzy was already in her car getting ready to leave, "Hey wait..." But her engine roared drowning him out as she drove off.

"Hey man let's go," Top called out as he pulled up along side Taeyang. He nodded as he jumped in taking out his phone and reading the address Minzy had sent him. "It looks like you do have a challenge," Top spoke up after riding for a little while in silence.

Taeyang shrugged his shoulders, "Don't worry I got this."

Top laughed as he nodded, "Okay whatever you say."

 

Taeyang walked around the corner and spotted Minzy sitting on the bench wearing a nice yellow Sunday dress with his coat in hand, "Hey Minzy I'm here right on time."

She grinned as she extended her hand forward, "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Where are you off to?"

"No where," she said as she rose to her feet.

"No where? It looks like you're going somewhere," Taeyang called after her. Minzy didn't say anything as she walked away. He followed close behind and watched as she walked into a small little Christian church, "Oh so she's Christian."

After waiting for a little while he walked in and took a seat in the back. He scanned the room, impressed to see so many people fit in such a small little chapel. His eyes found the front where there was a preacher talking and he found it very interesting as he talked of faith. As the preacher finished his sermon he watched as the choir stood on their feet.

His mouth dropped open as he saw Minzy standing next to Dara. They smiled at each other and began to sing their song of worship. Taeyang was surprised to see Dara there. He didn't know she was a Christian or could sing. But even more shocking was the fact that she knew Minzy. It seemed as if they were good friends singing their hearts out together. "Minzy who are you," he breathed as the choir continued to sing praises.  

 

Author's Notes:

Just in case, if you didn't know, when I say Jay I'm referring to Jay Park in here. Anywho, thanks for reading! <3