Chapter Thirty Seven

Faking Innocence

Taeyang slowly came to, to soft kisses being pressed against his lips. "Wake...up...sleeping beauty," Minzy breathed against his lips.

Grinning he began to kiss back as he pulled her into his arms, "I don't want to wake up from this." 

The pair began to make out with such heated passion before Minzy pulled away. "Let's get married." 

He sighed as he nodded, "Of course we will..."

"Let's go right now," she cut him off. "Let's fly to Las Vegas and have a quick little wedding and drink the night away," Minzy cut him off. 

"Uh..." he didn't know what to say. "Minzy I think we should include our families don't you think?" 

She rolled her eyes at him, "Why should we make such a big deal out of it? I said small and quick."

"And I want big wedding planned out," he interjected. "And it is a big deal because we're getting married!" 

"Isn't the bride supposed to choose how the wedding should go," she fired right back. 

"But not when the bride doesn't give a damn about how the wedding should be," Taeyang growled. "Minzy we can't just have some quick cheap wedding when we are both prominent people! How would that look on our families?" 

"I don't give two s about how it looks. It's my ing life and I will do as I ing please," she spat with fury. "So are we doing this or what," she asked through gritted teeth. 

He grew silent as he thought about her words. Sighing he looked at her with compassion, "Minzy is that what you truly want?" It was her turn to ponder his words as she sat quietly. "If it is I will jump on that plane and fly with you. But if it isn't I need you to be honest with me?"

"Honestly?"

"Honestly," he nodded. 

She bit her lower lip as she hung her head low, "I can't decide." 

"What can't you decide?" 

"To tell you the truth," she sighed. 

"What is the truth," he asked as he felt his chest tighten. 

"I shouldn't have proposed to you," she frowned. 

"Why?"

Gazing up at him she locked eyes with him, "Taeyang I am dying. There is no cure. I know very well how chemo therapy works and I have decided that I will not be doing any of the treatments. I've already informed the doctor that I want to live out the rest of my days as I see fit." 

"So you're saying...you want to give up," he coughed in disbelief. 

"That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm telling you that I don't want to spend the last of my days dwindling away even more sick in bed with no life left at all. Didn't you hear what the doctor said?" 

"I heard him. I heard there was a chance," Taeyang countered. "Don't you even care about our son?" 

"Of course I ing care about my son! You have no ing right to say that," she glared at him. "If anyone has a right to point fingers it's me. I tried to let you go and live your ing life peacefully. But your annoying kept running back!" 

"Is that why you kept pushing me away," he gazed at her. 

She inhaled deeply, "Partly for you and partly for me. I couldn't ask you to promise a life with me when I myself didn't know how long I would be around."

"And our son? You would let him live without knowing his father," Taeyang added

She sighed as she continued to reveal her past plan, "I was going to let Se7en raise our son as his own until our son was old enough to take over my family fortune and business."

"So you're saying I wasn't a part of the plan," he scoffed.

She sighed as she shook her head, "Your part was to go and find happiness with someone that will be able to spend the rest of their life with you. To start a new."

"You're one selfish lady that's for sure," he was offended.

"I know," she softly spoke. "I know it was cruel to count you out. But I felt that you and my son both deserved a chance at happiness. I don't expect you to understand my way of thinking. Just understand that when I thought about it, it was for the both of you."

Taeyang went quiet as he soaked up her words, "You must really love me a lot huh?"

She chuckled at his conclusion, "I love our son more."

Turning to look at the woman he called selfish, he couldn't see any ounce of selfishness in her eyes, "That's why I love you even more."

Minzy bit her lower lip as she laughed, "You're so ing cheesy it makes me want to vomit."

"But you love it," he snuggled her tightly in his arms loving her sarcastic groan. "You love this cheesy guy..."

"I seriously don't know why," she mumbled into his chest.

"What was that," he teasingly began to squeeze her tighter in his arms. "You know you love me!"

The pair giggled as they snuggled up tightly in each others' arms. Sighing as Minzy began to lightly trace her fingers across his strong arm, she grinned as he buried his face into the crook of her neck, "Taeyang?"

"Hmm," he hummed. 

"Let's plan for a wedding in the spring, for new beginnings," she softly said. 

"Sounds good to me," he replied before planting a sweet kiss onto her. 

Taeyang was in awe as he went to a few places with Minzy as she relived some of her past times with him. Standing hand and hand with him, Minzy stared out into the horizon. The two watched as the sunset across the pacific ocean. "You know I stood out here a few times during my treatment days thinking about my future," Minzy began to say as she intertwined her fingers with his. "I used to whisper a deseperate prayer to God through the sun. I thought that the sun was God's eye. It was him giving us warmth as he watched over us through the day. Knowing that he could see me I thought just maybe if he could truly see what state of living I was in he would take pity on me." Closing her eye as she relived it, "I hoped standing out here on the sands he would know that I was in need of a break. In need of the strength to make it through to see another day." 

He squeezed her hand making her glance over to him. Giving her a comforting smile he nodded, "I'm glad God kept his eye on you." 

Grinning at his heart felt notion she sighed, "The funny thing is that myselfishness got the best of me on my last chemo treatment." 

"How so," he wondered.

She chuckled as she shook her head, "Since I'm no longer keeping secrets from you I guess it's alright to tell you the truth." Inhaling deeply she turned back to see the last glimpse of the sun light. " I prayed that God would give me not just another, but another day with you." 

"I thought I was the cheesy one in this relationship," he teased.

She laughed as she turned back to him, "It wasn't cheesy, it was the truth. It was a wish that seemed to come true." 

He couldn't help but match her smile as he lightly tugged to pull her into an embrace, "I guess we're both living in a dream." 

 

Taeyang felt like he was on top of the world as he awoke to the beautiful woman laying in his arms. Watching her rest peacefully he never thought this day would ever come. "What," Minzy mumbled as her eyes fluttered open. 

He grinned he watched her bury her face into his chest, "It's time to get up." 

"Already," she yawned as she wrapped her arms around his waist pulling herself as close as possible to him. "I don't want to." 

"I don't either, but if we want to get married in the spring like you said we have three months to do so," he reminded her. 

Her head popped up in realization, "Three months?! Spring is coming that soon?! We need to get up and get back home." He chuckled as he watched her stumble out of bed and into the bathroom. "Get up sleepy head we have a wedding to plan," she called out from the bathroom. 

"Gladly," he yawned as he rolled right out of bed.