Chapter Five

Faking Innocence

Taeyang grinned at the address he had as he walked into school, "Hey man what are you reading to make you grin like that?"

He chuckled as he put his phone back into his pocket, "No reason, hey do you wanna go to a party tonight?"

"There's a party? I'm down," Top smiled.

Taeyang smiled and nodded, "Good, but I have no idea what kind of party it'll be."

Top's smile faded not sure of what Taeyang meant, "Huh? What do you mean by that?"

"Exactly what I mean. I don't know what kind of party it's gonna be so just be prepared," Taeyang said as he patted Top on the shoulder before heading over to the table Minzy always sat at.

She sighed seeing Taeyang sit across from her, "What do you want?"

He looked at her a little confused and pointed to himself, "Me?"

She nodded a little annoyed at his playing dumb, "Yeah you. What do you want?"

"I just wanna eat lunch is that too much to ask," he coughed a laugh as he bit into his sandwhich. Minzy rolled her eyes and continued to eat. "So what are you doing tonight?"

Minzy coughed up the food she was chewing on, "Excuse me?"

"What are you doing tonight? Do you have any plans?"

"Yeah I do."

"Really? Shucks I wanted to see if you'd wanted to catch a movie or something," he frowned.

"Look you're handsome and all but..."

"So you think I'm handsome," he grinned.

She sighed as she continued, "But I don't have time for dating or anything. I don't wanna hurt your feelings, but I just can't."

"Are you taken? Is that the real reason why?"

She laughed as she shook her head, "No not really."

"Not really? What's that supposed to mean," he asked.

"Wow you're just a curious guy aren't you?"

He nodded as he popped the last of his sandwhich into his mouth, "Yes I am. But if you don't wanna go out just to watch a movie, not a date. Then can we at least be friends?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "I'm pretty content by myself."

"But everyone needs a friend."

"I have enough."

"Do you?"

She nodded as she finished up her lunch, "Yes I do, so don't worry about me."

He placed his hand over hers to stay her as he starred at her with serious eyes, "But I want to be your friend."

Minzy gave him an appreciative smile, "Trust me you wouldn't want me as a friend.

Her words caught him off guard as he watched her walk away. What did she mean by that? He felt as if there was something behind that, as if it was some type of warning.

He got up to go after her when Dara blocked his way, "What are you trying to do?"

"What do you mean," he asked confused by her question.

"Why are you bothering her?"

He shrugged his shoulders as he dumped his trash, "We're just friends."

"Leave her alone," she glared.

"Why?"

Dara's gaze softened as she looked to him with pleading eyes, "Taeyang please just leave her be."

"Give me one good reason why," he demanded.

"She's been through enough she doesn't need a punk like you to go and ruin her life," she sighed.

"A punk like me ruin her life," he coughed a laugh in disbelief. "Look Dara I don't know what you're trying to pull here but we're only friends."

"Are you sure," she questioned. He gave her a serious look confirming that he was telling the truth. "Okay keep it that way," she nodded before walking away.

Taeyang scratched his head in frustration at what had just happened. Now he seriously had to find out why Minzy was distancing herself and why Dara was protecting her.

"What's going on man," Top asked as he stood next to Taeyang.

Taeyang could only shrug his shoulders not knowing what was happening either, "I have no idea. Just make sure that you look good tonight we have to make a lasting impression at the party tonight."

 

Author's Notes:

You know what I wasn't going to use Dara any further than the first 2 chapters, but I couldn't help but change my mind and bring her back haha. Hope you enjoyed both of the updates! <3