Chapter 4

The Truth Behind The Lies

Just want to let everyone know that I love all the members. Whatever their characters here doesn't mean it's true....Just want to apologize to everyone for making some characters bad. This is just a story....

 

 

“Hey, Tiffany,” said Jessica and he sat beside me in the library.

 

“Hey,” I said.

 

“What are you reading?”

 

“Nothing, just some books for English class,” I said covering up the crime photos that had been released.

 

“Listen, I’ve been thinking. You’re really good at Calculus. I, on the other hand, at it. How about you tutor me?”

 

“Tutor you?”

 

“Yeah, if you don’t mind, you’d really be helping me. If I fail our next test, I’m off the team.”

 

“I don’t know. I’m not really good teacher,” I said.

 

“It doesn’t matter,” he said smiling. “Besides, it’ll be good for us to get know each other.”

 

“Isn’t that why we’re going on a date?” I laughed.

 

“Is that the only reason why we should spend time together? I like you Tiffany, and I really want to get to know you. And a part of me believes that you like me.”

 

“I do and I will tutor you, but no promises,” I said smiling.

 

“Okay great. I’ll see you,” he said and got up from his seat and kissed me on the forehead.

 

As he walked through the door I noticed him stop and stare at someone. I decided it was nothing and continued to search for clues of what could have really happened the night my brother’s death.

 

Yuri told me that he proposed to her hours before his death at 12:23 AM outside our backyard. They ruled it suicide, but what I can’t figure out is that he was found dead in the pool and the bullet was in his chest. He died from drowning and not from the shot. But why would he shoot himself outside and if so why would he shoot himself in the chest where it’s not certain you will die instantly. The shot wasn’t even close to the heart. As I thought this I felt someone standing behind me.

 

I turned around and was face-to-face with Kim Taeyeon.

 

“What’s going on between you and Jessica? Are you two like a thing now?” she asked.

 

“Umm… not exactly,” I replied.

 

“Well listen, I just thought you should know that Jessica and I have been dating since grade school and just because he wanted some space doesn’t mean that I’m gonna let someone like you get in the way. You hear me? Stay away from him,” she said and turned to walk away.

 

“You ever think maybe Jessica wanted space because he was tired of being bossed around,” I told her and she stopped as I continues, “I don’t know you Taeyeon, but you seem like a great person, however, Jessica’s a big boy and I’m pretty sure he knows what he wants and he obviously doesn’t want you.”

 

She turned to look at me.

 

“Stop okay. You don’t know what you’re talking about. You have no idea what happened between us. So don’t go making these assumptions on things you know nothing,” her voice rose as she said this. The librarian rushed over to us and told us to be quiet. “There’s no need. I’m outta here,” Taeyeon said and walked out.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Tiffany Hwang. How are you this evening?” asked Jessica as he handed out his hand. I grabbed it and he spun me around.

 

“Wow! I never thought you to be the romantic type,” I said smiling.

 

“Well, I’m not, but you look like a young lady who digs that kind of stuff,” he said.

 

“Lucky for you, I am,” I said as we began to walk.

 

We were silent for a while, until he said.

 

“Would you like to dance?”

 

“Dance? Here?” I asked confused.

 

“Follow me,” he said and grabbed my hand as we ran into the dark.

 

“Jessica, where are we going?” I said and laughed as I felt grass tickling my feet.

 

“Just trust me,” he said.

 

After what felt like five minutes we were standing on cement, with only the light of the moon letting me see Jessica’s face.

 

“What is this place?” I asked.

 

“This…is the Rivercourt,” he said.

 

“Okay, that pretty much sums up where I’m at.”

 

“You’re funny, Tiffany. I like that about you.”

 

“Really? What else do you like about me?”

 

“How about we leave that for our second date?”

 

“It’s a deal,” I said smiling.

 

“Great, now that’s settled. Shall we dance?” he said handing out his hand.

 

“Let’s,” I said and grabbed his hand and we danced in the moonlight in the middle of the Rivercourt, whatever that was no music.

 

He held me close; our hands clasped together, my head on his chest.

 

“Tiffany,” he whispered.

 

“Yes,” I said looking up into his eyes.

 

“Can I kiss you?”

 

“Come here,” I said and pulled him into a kiss. “Next time, don’t ask,” and I pulled him into another kiss.

 

This time losing myself in him, letting all the horrible memories of this past year flash before me and letting them disappear as I continued to kiss him reminding myself that he wouldn’t hurt me or make me do things I didn’t want to or wasn’t ready to do. We were both lost into each other that we didn’t notice the lights on. I pulled away from him and was able to see what the Rivercourt was. It was a basketball court. I was going to tell Jessica that it looked amazing but I don’t think he would have heard me. His eyes were glued onto someone else. I looked toward the direction that he was looking toward and saw who he was looking at.

 

Kim Taeyeon, her eyes were red, tears were still running down her face. She continued to stare at both Jessica and me. I looked away from her and pulled my hands away from Jessica. He looked at me and I could tell he was confused at this point. I turned around and began to walk away from him. I figured there was nothing to say.

 

“Tiffany!” he called out.

 

I stopped, and then turned to face him, trying not to show my tears.

 

“Just wait for me, please?” he begged.

 

I didn’t know what to say. By the way he was looking at Taeyeon I could tell he still had feelings for her. I didn’t know what their history was like but I knew what mine had been and I wasn’t willing to repeat it.

 

“Tiffany?” he asked again.

 

“I’ll see you at school,” I said and walked away.

 

I could hear some words between the two but not that much to make it clear.

 

“Taeyeon, what are you doing here?” Jessica said.

 

“How could you bring her here? This is our place?”

 

“There is no more ‘our’. Not after what you did,” Jessica said.

 

“Jessica don’t you dare put all the blame on me when you know how I felt about her,” Taeyeon shouted with anger in her voice.

 

“About who? Tiffany?”

 

“No, Jessica before Tiffany.”

 

I didn’t hear the rest of their conversation and after hearing what I had I didn’t think I’d want to.

 

I walked to the apartment. It wasn’t a far walk, about ten minutes. I figured I needed one anyway. When I got inside I could tell Yuri wasn’t home form her date with Yoona. They probably wondered what happened to Jessica and me because we were supposed to meet them after dinner.

 

I took a shower and got ready for bed. As I lay on my bed I began to cry uncontrollably. Wondering how my life could have led to all of what it had. All this pain that would never go away no matter how hard I tried to get rid of it. Only a week in Wilmington, and I already had my heart broken. I could only wonder what my future here held.

 

Then I heard Yuri and Yoona outside the door.

 

“Aww, Yoona. Stop it,” Yuri said laughing.

 

“Okay, okay, I’ll stop. So what do you think happened to Jessica and Tiffany?” he said.

 

“I don’t know. I tried calling Tiffany’s cell but she never answered or called back.”

 

“Hmm…same with Jessica.”

 

“I’m sure their okay.

 

“Yeah, come here,” said Yoona.

 

I didn’t hear anything but smacking so I tried not to listen anymore.

 

“Well goodnight, Pretty Girl,” I heard Yoona say.

 

“Goodnight, Yoong.”

 

“Yoong? I like it,” Yoona said laughing.

 

I heard Yuri fumbling through her keys and then opened the door.

 

“Tiffany? Are you home?”

 

I began to cry again, not wanting to, but I couldn’t stop. I could hear footsteps and then light shone on my face.

 

“Tiffany? What’s wrong?” asked Yuri dropping her keys and sitting beside me on the bed as I sat up.

 

“I don’t know Yuri. But I’m just so tired,” I said.

 

“Of what?” she asked.

 

“Of everything, boys, school, Nick’s death/murder, everything, I just can’t deal with anything anymore. I just can’t,” I explained as tears began of all.

 

“Tiffany, tell me what happened,” Yuri said.

 

“Nothing, nothing happened,” I told her.