Chapter 18

The Truth Behind The Lies

 

“Fany, are you ready?” Yuri asked me through the bedroom door.

 

“Yeah, I’ll be there in a minute,” i said grabbing my pepper spray from my drawer and putting it into my pocket.

 

 “Tiffany.”

 

I turned around quickly to see Jessica.

 

“Yeah?” I asked closing my drawer.

 

“Are you okay? I mean, you were drugged tonight,” he said concerned.

 

“I’m fine Babe... You know for a guy who says he doesn’t play a romantic sure does worry a lot,” i said smiling as a smirk formed across his face.

 

“Well, I am trying,” he said coming closer to me.

 

“Yeah, I can tell,” I said as I leaned in to kiss him.

 

“Uh, hmmm...”

 

We both pulled away from the kiss and turned our heads to see Yoona.

 

“Yuri’s waiting,” he said.

 

Jessica and I both laughed as he exited the room.

 

“I guess we both got carried away,” Jessica said as he kissed me on the neck.

 

“Mmm...” I groaned as he continued,” Haha... ok stop Babe, Yuri and Yoona are waiting,” I laughed as he stopped.

 

“Ok, but you have to promise me we’ll continue this when we get back” he said.

 

“I promise,” I said.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

“Ok, so what movie do you guys feel like watching?” Yuri asked as we looked at the screen.

 

“Boys on the run sounds like a good movie,” Jessica said.

 

“Yeah but what about The Hitcher. I love thrillers” Yuri said smiling.

 

“What do you think Yoong; the only other good ones are A Cinderella Story and Bring It On Again?” I asked Yoona.

 

“It doesn’t matter, besides all these movies are on DVD anyway. How about one that one? Christmas is just around the corner how about the new releases?” he said.

 

“Ok, what about Fred Clause?” I asked.

 

“Ok” they all said in unison.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

“Can I get four tickets to see Fred Clause,” Yoona said through the window.

 

“So, how are you doing Yul?” I asked.

 

“Better, now that Yoong knows,” she said.

 

“Ok, I got them, let’s go,” Yoona said handing us our tickets.

 

I took a quick glance across the alley, and didn’t see anyone.

 

We were already halfway through the movie when I received a text message.

 

“Baby?” Jessica asked as he heard my phone vibrate.

 

“It’s just my alarm, I forgot to disable it,” I said after he turned back to face the screen. I read the message.

 

“Meet me now!”

 

“I need to use the restroom,” I whispered to Jessica.

 

“Ok,” he said back as I got up and left the room.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

“Excuse me,” I asked the doorman.

 

“Yes,” he replied.

 

“If I wanted to go out for some air can I come back if I have my ticket?”

 

“Of course,” he said.

 

“Ok, thank you,” I said leaving the theatre.

 

I quickly walked to the alley and didn’t see anyone.

 

“Hello? Is anyone her?” I called out.

 

“Tiffany?” I heard the voice say.

 

His shadow came into view in the dark.

 

“Yes, who are you? And why do you keep calling me?”

 

“It’s me, Tiffany. Wooyoung,” he said and he came closer to the light.

 

My heart stopped as I saw him, my jaw dropped. I couldn’t believe that it was him. His voice sounding so familiar and then I remembered something that I hadn’t that night. Hi face, his face had been in shock and tears had fallen from his eyes.

 

“Wooyoung?” I said my eyes watering.

 

“Yeah, Tiif it’s me,” he said coming closer.

 

I backed away.

 

“What’s wrong?” he asked confused.

 

“What’s wrong? I haven’t seen you since that night where you almost killed me and now you just show up here in Wilmington. How did you think I would react?” I said wiping away my tears as I tried to keep my voice stern.

 

“I don’t know, are you happy? Excited?” he said.

 

“Well, you’re way off because the way I feel right now doesn’t even come close to that,” I said.

 

“I can change that,” he said coming closer.

 

I backed away again and held up my hand.

 

“No,” I said shaking my head, “I’m not falling for that anymore. You played me too many times before and I’m not gonna let you do it again.”

 

“Played you? Tiff, is that what you think? I never played you.”

 

“Yes, ok. You did,” I began feeling the tears build up, “You fed ne lies after lies and you made me feel sympathy for you. You made excuses for every little lie you told me. You made me think that you were the only guy for me and the worst part about it all was that I was stupid enough to believe that.”

 

“Tiff, you were and won’t ever be stupid. I did whatever I could to protect you to make sure you wouldn’t get hurt.”

 

“Yeah, well if talking to some guy is getting hurt and you almost killing me isn’t then you might want to rethink what your idea of hurting is,” I said.

 

“Tiff, I’m sorry that it happened. I didn’t mean for it.

 

“Let’s say that you didn’t mean for it to happen. That it was truly an accident. That still gives you neither reason nor excuse to not visit me at the hospital and to avoid me, ok. And let’s not forget about what led to that accident. You were forcing me to have with you when you knew that I wasn’t ready. You knew that I felt sick, but no you continue to force yourself onto me.”

 

“Tiff, I’m sorry. I was drunk and what do you mean I knew you weren’t ready? You told me you were.”

 

“I know I did. I told you but you should have known that I wasn’t,” I said.

 

“Tiff, I’m sorry. Can you forgive me?”

 

“No,” I said shaking my head, “I will never be able to.”

 

“Tiff, please. Can’t you just forget about that night and remember all the good times we had with each other. Remember the night on the bridge? When I gave you the promise the ring? I told you’d always find me there, that I would be there for you. Do you remember?” he said coming closer, this time I didn’t back away.

 

“Yes,” I said, thinking back.

 

“Or how about the time we first met in gym class? All those jokes about Mr Barton, do you remember?”

 

“Yeah,” I said thinking back as we both giggled.

 

“Or how about the time we shared our first kiss at Shelly’s party on the beach or the first time you told me you loved me?” he said.

 

I barely realized that his face was only a few inches from mine.

 

“Do you remember?” he asked.

 

“Of course I do,” I said.

 

“Tiff, I love you. I always have,” he said leaning in and kissing me.

 

I tried to pull away but I stopped myself and I kissed him back. Before I realized what I was doing my cell phone started to buzz. I pulled away and pulled my phone out and saw that it was Jessie calling.

 

“Babe, I’ll be right there,” I said.

 

“Where are you?” he asked.

 

“I stepped outside for some air, I’ll be right there,” I said.

 

“Ok, don’t take long,” he said.

 

“I won’t,” I said hanging up.

 

“You seriously can’t be considering staying with him,” Wooyoung said.

 

I turned around to face him.

 

“Not after what just happened,” he said.

 

“What just happened was a mistake” I said.

 

“Do you think Jessica is gonna buy that when I let him know that I’m back,” he said.

 

“Don’t get Jessie involved in this, he doesn’t deserve this,” I said.

 

“What? He doesn’t deserve to know your past? He doesn’t deserve to know that your first love is back? Or about the kiss that just happened?”

 

“Exactly, now I need to leave and you need to go. Go back home,” I said.

 

“Home, right, what home?”

 

“What do you mean?” I asked.

 

“Daddy finally kicked me out. I knew it would happen sooner or later but I just didn’t know he’d send me presents when he did,” he said lifting up his sleeve and showed me a cigarette burns across his forearm.

 

“Oh my gosh,” I said as I remembered how badly his dad would beat him. He would always show me his bruises the morning after they happened.

 

“Yeah, well he wanted to make sure these would stay so I can remember him, but anyway you have to go back. So go back to your new life,” he said.

 

“What about you?”

 

“I’ll go and take care of mine,” he said smiling then disappeared into the dark.

 

I sighed then started to walk back to the theatre.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

“Fany, where were you? You missed almost the whole ending of the movie?” Yuri asked me on our way out of the theatre.

 

“Oh, well the lines to the restroom were long and I needed some air so I went out for a short walk,” I said casually.

 

“Well we missed you,” Yoona said.

 

“Yeah I missed you,” Jessica mumbled to me as he looked at me as if he knew I was hiding something.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“It’s late,” I said yawning when we got back to our apartment. I looked at the clock and my eyes widened as I realized it was read 3:30 am.

 

“It is,” Yuri said.

 

“Ok well I guess it’s about time for me and Jessie to get going,” Yoona said.

 

“Ok, goodnight,” Yuri said kissing Yoona lightly on the lips.

 

“Goodnight, Baby,” said Jessica leaning in to kiss me.

 

“Goodnight,” I said.

 

He whispered into my ear and said, “You owe me.”