Chapter 44

The Truth Behind The Lies

 

It had only been a few days since Angel was born and Yuri was exhausted. Angel would never stop crying. Yoona had moved in, but things were complicated. Yoona insisted that they move into a bigger place, such as the beach house, but Yuri refused. She hated her memories there. Then one night, Yoona approached me.

 

“Fany-ah, I was wondering if you could do me a huge favour and babysit Angel for tonight.”

 

“Of course, may I ask why though?”

 

“Since Yuri has been pregnant and with Angel here now, we’ve never really had a chance to be with each other. I just think tonight would be a good night for us to go out.”

 

“I understand.”

 

“Thank you, Fany. Oh, and Jessie’s supposed to stop by tonight to pick up his shirt,” he said going over to Angel’s room to tell Yuri.

 

“Got it,” I said.

 

Once Yuri and Yoona left, I the TV hoping that Angel would fall asleep to it, but she didn’t, so I turned off the TV and some music. It still didn’t work, so I turned that off and rocked her in my arms back and forth and sang her to sleep. I was still singing when I heard a light knock at the door. I quietly put Angel in her crib which we had moved to the living room for the day and opened the door.

 

“Hi,” he said.

 

“Hi, come on in,” I said whispering.

 

“Thanks,” he whispered walking in and going over to Angel’s crib, “I heard you singing. I almost fell asleep to it. I didn’t know you could sing.”

 

 “I can’t,” I said embarrassed.

 

“Yeah, and I can’t play basketball,” he chuckled as did I.

 

“Oh, you came for your shirt, right?” I said, remembering.

 

“Yeah, but don’t worry about it. I’ll get it,” he said, walking over to the room.

 

When he came back he went over to Angel, which was right beside me.

 

“She has Yuri’s eyes,” he said smiling as he watched her sleep.

 

“Yeah,” I said watching her too.

 

Then I felt his hand over mine, and then he quickly moved it away.

 

“I’m sorry,” he said, “about what I told Wooyoung. I hope that didn’t ruin your relationship. I didn’t mean for it.”

 

“It doesn’t matter now,” I said.

 

“Did he say anything about it?”

 

“He was kind of upset. He thought he would be my first, so it surprised him a bit,” I said, unsure if this information was information I should share with him.

 

“Wow, well again, I’m sorry for having he find out that way, but things are good between you two now I hope?”

 

“Well actually something happened that night that made me realize something.”

 

“Really?”

 

I nodded just as the door opened.

 

“Fany-ah,” said Yuri, excited as she came over to me, “Yoona proposed.”

 

My eyes widened.

 

“Oh, wow, congratulations,” I said, giving her a hug.

 

“Congratulations, big brother,” said Jessica as Yoona came inside.

 

“Thanks...my best man,” said Yoona smiling.

 

“What? Really? Thanks man, it’s an honour,” said Jessica, now smiling.

 

“And you’re my best friend, automatically making you my matron of honour,” said Yuri.

 

“Thank you,” I said.

 

“Well, we should celebrate,” Jessica chimed in.

 

“Of course,” I said.

 

“We should,” Yoona agreed.

 

“What about Angel?” said Yuri, staring at her daughter sleeping?

 

“I’ll call my mom. See if she can watch her,” said Yoona getting his phone out and calling. After a few second he hung up, “she’s not answering.”

 

Then he dialled another number, “Hello Seohyun? ...Yeah, listen are you doing anything right now? ... Do you mind watching my daughter, Angel, for a little bit? ... Ok, great. Thanks ... yeah that’s the address... ok, I’ll see you, bye,” he finished and then hung up.

 

Yuri eyed him. “Who’s Seohyun?”