Chapter 45

The Truth Behind The Lies

Jessica and I looked at each other and Yuri noticed as Yoona looked over at us as well.

 

“Do you two know who she is?” she asked, surprised.

 

“Umm...” Jessica didn’t know what to say as Yoona shot him a wide eyed look.

 

“Oh, don’t you give him that look Yoong... who is she,” she demanded.

 

I couldn’t help but giggle at her reaction.

 

“Tiffany Hwang, why are you laughing? I know you know who she is? Why isn’t anyone telling me?” she said getting annoyed.

 

Yoona finally spoke up as I continued to giggle as did Jessica.

 

“Calm down, Yuri. She’s just a friend.”

 

“What kind of friend?”

 

“She... she’s been struggling with anorexia... I’ve been helping her though it... We’ve never been anything more than friends... She’s like a sister to me,” he said, truthfully.

 

“Is she pretty?”

 

Jessica started to clear his throats as Yoona eyed him.

 

“She’s... attractive. But like I said, we’ve never been more than friends. You don’t need to worry,” said Yoona.

 

“He’s right,” Jessica said, “we’ve never been more than brothers to her.”

 

Yuri sighed, “Ok, then. I believe you... but are you sure she’ll be ok with Angel?”

 

“She’ll be fine. If I didn’t think she would be I would have never called her.”

 

“But... I really don’t want to leave Angel,” said Yuri.

 

“Yul... you just got engaged. You deserve a few hours with your fiancé,” I said.

 

Then we heard a knock on the door. Yoona answered.

 

“Hey, Seohyun,” said Yoona.

 

Yuri’s jaw dropped a little as did mine. Seohyun was attractive.

 

“Hey,” said coming in.

 

We all exchanged hellos and after a few minutes of getting to know Seohyun she seemed ok.

 

“Well, we should get going,” said Yoona.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Once at Soshi club, we walked to the nearest empty seats, where conveniently I spotted Wooyoung with another girl. Once he saw me he started to come over.

 

“Hey, Tiffany,” he said.

 

“Hi,” I said, casually.

 

“Hey Wooyoung,” said Jessica, “Listen, I’m sorry about what I said the other night.”

 

“No damage done,” he said, eyeing me.

 

“Jessie we should get going,” I said quickly.

 

“Wait up, Tiffany. No kiss?”

 

“No,” said walking away from both him and Jessica.

 

“Fany-ah,” I heard Jessica call out from behind me.

 

“I’m sorry. It’s just Wooyoung and I broke up.”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry.”

 

“No, it’s ok.”

 

“If it makes you feel any better Taeyeon and I aren’t together anymore either.”

 

“It does,” I said smiling.

 

He smiled back and we stared at each other for a while until I heard my name.

 

“Tiffany Hwang, is that you?”

 

I turned around and it was Eunji.

 

“Eunji?” I asked surprised.

 

“How have you been, Tiffany? I haven’t seen you since what, last year?”

 

“I know.”

 

“So, who’s this?” she asked referring to Jessica, “Your boyfriend?”

 

“Oh, no... This is Jessica... my friend.”

 

“Hi, Jessica,” she said smiling at him, clearly attracted to him, “I’m Eunji. I used to go to school with Tiffany. We were like best friends before well you know.”

 

“I’m not sure I do, but it’s nice to meet you.”

 

“Same here… so Fany I just saw Wooyoung. I didn’t know he came here. After the accident I never heard from him. Have you talked to him?” Eunji was always the one to ask questions. She was the main gossip girl.

 

“Umm… yeah I have actually.”

 

“Really? What did he say? I couldn’t imagine facing an ex who almost killed me, much less talk to him.”

 

“Yeah, well… that’s over with,” I said.

 

I noticed she caught the attention of someone and said, “Well, I should get going. It was nice catching up with you. We should do it again.”

 

I nodded as I watched her leave.

 

Then I turned back to face Jessica.

 

“What was that about Wooyoung almost killing you?” he said confused.

 

I was always dreading the fact that I would have to tell him the truth about my past with Wooyoung, but I knew it had to be done.

 

So I took a deep breath before I spoke.

 

“Last year… when Wooyoung and I were dating… one night… he took things… too far with me and… it ended with him running a red light through anger… a car hit us and I was in the hospital for a few days.”

 

“He hurt you?” he asked shocked.

 

I only nodded, as his face became angry.

 

“I can’t believe him,” he said.

 

“Yeah, that was a long time ago.”

 

“And he came back? For you, didn’t he?”

 

“I don’t know,” I said.

 

“He almost killed you. Son of a b**ch. I’m going to hurt him so bad right now.”

 

“No, Jessie. It’s ok.”

 

“Fany-ah, I can’t let this go. I can’t believe you never told me this before.”

 

“I wanted to, but then he came back and we were together. I just figured I’d never go back with him so I wouldn’t have to tell you,” I explained.

 

“Wow, Fany. You still went back to him knowing this.”

 

“Yeah, you were… but at least you ended things before they went that bad again.”

 

I nodded looking down.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Fany, Jessie, come on,” called out Yuri as she led us back to our seats.

 

“Here’s to the next Mr and Mrs Jung,” said Jessica as all four of us raised our glasses then drank our drinks.

 

Yuri and Yoona then shared a kiss and were still smiling at each other once they finished.

 

“So when’s the wedding?” I asked as Jessica looked away from and to them again.

 

“Yeah, when is it?”

 

“August, 13,” said Yuri still smiling at Yoona who nodded.

 

“Yup, August 13.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yuri and Yoona decided to leave, saying that they should check on Angel, leaving Jessica and me alone, until Wooyoung showed up.

 

“Hey, guys,” he said.

 

“What do you want?” I asked annoyed.

 

“Jessica can I talk to Tiffany for a minute?”

 

“I’ll go only if she wants me too,” he said, looking at him with anger from the new information he knew about him.

 

“He stays,” I said, surprising both him and Wooyoung. Jessica smiled at me and I smiled back at him as I could see anger and jealousy build up in Wooyoung from the corner of my eye.

 

“Fine,” he continued in disgust, “just hear me out, Tiffany.”

 

“I already have and I told you how I feel. Nothing changed.”

 

“What if I tell you I have information on your brother? New information that leads to the person responsible for his death?”

 

I looked at him with wide eyes.

 

“What do you know?”

 

“I’ll tell you… but first you need to do something for me.”

 

“What?”

 

“Come back home with me.”