Chapter 20

The Truth Behind The Lies

Last chapter for today..... Hope you like all the chapters I've posted.... Comment please....More chapters coming up.....Wait for the other chapters....

 

 

“What’s going on?” I asked as they both looked at me.

 

“Fany…”

 

“No, Yul, what is going on?” I said sternly.

 

“Tiff, calm down,” said Wooyoung getting up from my bed.

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

 

“Yuri wanted to see me and…”

 

“No, I mean, what are you still doing here in Wilmington?”

 

“I know what I told you, but my cousin lives here and so I decided to stay. I have nowhere else to go,” he said looking at the floor.

 

“No, Fany. He’s lying to you. He came here for you and I know it,” Yuri said looking at me.

 

“Can I talk to you, alone?” asked Wooyoung ignoring Yuri.

 

“Why? So you can take advantage of her again? I don’t think so. I’m not gonna let my best friend make the same mistake twice,” scolded Yuri to Wooyoung.

 

“No, Yul. It’s ok,” I said, knowing this would upset her more as she shot me a look and then walked past me and slammed the door behind her, leaving Wooyoung and me alone.

 

As I stood there, staring at him while he stared back I suddenly felt scared and regretted my choice of having Yuri leave.

 

 “Yuri is really upset,” he spoke suddenly.

 

“Yeah, she is,” I said.

 

“I’m assuming you didn’t tell her,” he said.

 

I nodded and then we continued to stare at each other until he finally spoke out again.

 

“Are you still with him?”

 

I looked at him in disbelief, “Of course, why wouldn’t I be?”

 

“I just figured that you told him and maybe…”

 

“Well, I haven’t and neither will you,” I said.

 

“I know, but lie do catch up to you, believe me I know,” he began as he walked closer to me, “and so does temptation and passion,” he continued, making my blood rush as I sniffed his cologne. “And first love always come back to you, no matter how hard you try to make it stop, it won’t.”

 

With that he moved away from me and walked out the door, leaving me to stand there, knowing he was right. No matter how hard I tried to stop loving him I couldn’t.

 

“Tiffany!” Yuri called out.

 

“Yeah?” I said as she walked in.

 

“Are you ok?”

 

“I’m fine.”

 

“…I’, sorry,” she said looking at me with tears in her eyes.

 

“For what, being a great friend? I’m the one who should be sorry.”

 

“I know, but I just walked out on you and I shouldn’t have.”

 

“Yul, it’s ok.”

 

Hoes over bros?”

 

“Hoes over bros,” I said smiling.

 

“Speaking of bros, do you want to talk about your situation with Wooyoung?”

 

“Not now… I need to talk to Jessica.”

 

“Ok, just let me know when you want to talk.”

 

I nodded and then pulled out my phone and dialled Jessica’s number.

 

“Baby, where have you been?” he answered.

 

“Hello to you too,” I said.

 

“I’ve been waiting for you.”

 

“I know, I’m sorry, Yuri and I got into an argument and we had to work things out. I’ll be there in fifteen minutes ok?”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Hey, Yoong,” I said as I walked up to the door of the Jung’s house as he was putting up Christmas lights. “Isn’t it a little too late to be putting up Christmas lights?”

 

“Hey, Fany, yeah, but it’s better than not having any on Christmas Eve… Jessie’s inside,” he said.

 

“Ok,” I said, walking into the house.

 

“Why hello you must be Tiffany,” I heard Mrs Jung say as she came out from the kitchen.

 

“Hi,” I said.

 

I walked up the stairs and I had been inside his room before but I didn’t want Mrs Jung to know that. When I got to his door, it was slightly opened, I saw him at his desk, frustrated on whatever homework he was doing. I knocked lightly on the door and he looked up at me.

 

   “Hey,” I said smiling.

 

“Hey,” he said coldly.

 

“What are you working on?”

 

“It’s supposed to be Calculus, but it’s in a totally different language. God, when will I ever need to know this, it’s stupid.”

 

“Hey, it’s okay. Let me see this,” I said looking it over the test review. “It’s easy, look just figures it our step by step,” I said trying to make him understand it.

 

We spent about two hours working out problems and by the end of the two hours I was sure that he knew how to do them.

 

“Finally, thanks Baby,” he said, finally smiling.

 

“It was no problem. Besides, I did owe you,” I said winking at him as he smiled.

 

“Oh, did you think that was paying me back? Because that wasn’t,” he said, then he pulled me into a kiss, “this is.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next day, Yuri and I were in first period when I saw him again.

 

“May I help you?” asked Miss Gonzales.

 

I looked up from my notes and saw that she was talking to Wooyoung.

 

“Yeah, I’m Wooyoung and I got switched into this class,” he said to her then he glanced around the classroom and then gave me a glare.

 

“What is he doing here?” Yuri asked me in a harsh whisper.

 

I didn’t answer. I just continued to look at him as Miss Gonzales introduced him to the class.

 

“Well, class. We have a new student. Wooyoung Jang.”

 

“Hey, Wooyoung,” I heard the two tiest girls of our class, Gyuri and Hyuna say as they flirted with him.

 

“Hey,” he said, and then looked at me. I guess he thought I had a look of disbelief and jealousy on my face because as he walked past me to his seat, which was thankfully in the way back and a few rows across from me, he said, “Jealous much?”

 

Yuri heard him say this and called out, “Conceited much?”

 

“Is there a problem Miss Kwon?” asked Miss Gonzales.

 

“No, I’m sorry,” Yuri said embarrassed as Wooyoung laughed.

 

Then came fifth period, Yuri was right, Wooyoung had changed his schedule so that we had all the same classes together. So far, I was able to manage not sitting next to him but I was hoping it would stay that way especially in fifth. I wouldn’t be able to face Jessica and Wooyoung together.

 

“Hey, who’s that new kid?” Jessie asked as Wooyoung walked in and explained to Mrs Mendoza how he had had change his classes, like he had done the previous classes.

 

“I don’t know and I don’t care,” I said, not paying attention until Mrs Mendoza mentioned my name.

 

“You can sit by Tiffany. Jessica, I’m sorry but you’ll have to move up here,” she said.

 

“What? Why?” Jessica moaned.

 

“Because Wooyoung doesn’t want to get behind and Tiffany can help him.”

 

“Mrs Mendoza, I can….” I began to say but interrupted.

 

“I don’t want to hear it, Tiffany. Now, Jessica come on.”

 

“Can’t he sit behind her? Just move that desk back here,” Jessica said pointing at the desk.

 

Mrs Mendoza didn’t say anything, but just stood there thinking about it.

 

“You know what, that wouldn’t be a bad idea,” she said beginning to rearrange the desk.

 

I began to get nervous as Wooyoung stood there by Jessica and me. That was one of the worst situations that could have happened to me. Thank god, Christmas break was in 2 days.

 

Luckily I had survived fifth period. Jessica and Wooyoung had talked, but only a ‘hi’ and ‘where did you transfer from’. Now I only had to survive the rest of the school year.