Chapter 41

The Truth Behind The Lies

 

Graduation day, a day that I thought would never come, but it did. It was now.

 

“No, more high school, can you believe it?” said Wooyoung, sneaking behind me as I put on my graduation cap.

 

“I know. Freedom,” I smiled as he kissed me.

 

Suddenly we were on his bed kissing each other deeply. He slid his hands under my gown, passed my dress underneath. He was slowly sliding my underwear off before I stopped him.

 

He moaned and stopped kissing me.

 

“I’m sorry,” I said.

 

“You always say that,” he said, in frustrated tone that reminded me of his tone of voice that night. He noticed then sighed, “I’m sorry. You want to wait. I get that. I just want you so badly, Tiffany. Can’t you understand that?”

 

“I do…that’s why…tonight. I promise.”

 

He smiled and agreed, “Ok, tonight. It’s a deal.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Yuri Kwon,” announced Principal as she accepted her diploma, stomach showing through her gown. Finally it came to me. “Tiffany Hwang,” soon enough all the names were announced and the ceremony was over.

 

Once it finished my mom insisted that Yuri and I take pictures together regardless of what our status as friends was. Once we finished, Wooyoung and I headed to a party.

 

“Finally, it’s over. I thought the Principal was never gonna finish reading that list. For a small town GG High sure did have a lot of seniors,” Wooyoung said he drove.

 

“I know, but at least it’s done now. Over with,” I said.

 

I was nervous now. Knowing what I was planning on doing with Wooyoung this very night.

 

“Yeah, now we can just enjoy the rest of the night…together,” he said, glancing my way with a smile.

 

I only nodded.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Ok, so whose house is this again?” I shouted once inside over the music which was literally bouncing off the walls.

 

“Gyuri Park’s, you don’t remember her?” Wooyoung shouted.

 

“Oh yeah, I barely even talked to her,” I said, now remember.

 

She had English with me and Yuri, but we never really got to know her.

 

“Come on, let’s have some beer,” he said, grabbing my hand and heading toward the backyard.

 

It was around 11 when I saw Jessica and Taeyeon show up. Jessica looked a little buzzed. I hadn’t ever seen him that way and was a little worried. I tried to keep an eye on him, but someone kept coming up to talk to me. I figured it was a last attempt to get to know one another before we went off to begin our new lives.

 

It was 12:30am when Jessica approached me and Wooyoung. We had stepped outside to get some air. Wooyoung was smoking a cigarette while I stood, leaning against a tree, waiting for him to finish.

 

“Hey, looky here. It’s Tiffany and her bf, Wooyoung,” Jessica said, walking closer towards us drunk.

 

“Hey, dude. Might want to lighten up on the alcohol,” said Wooyoung, putting out his cigarette then going over to hold up Jessica.

 

“Nah, I’m ok.”

 

“Jessica. Do you want me to go get Taeyeon to take you home?” I asked, hoping for a yes.

 

“No, but what I do want is for you to want me.”

 

“Jessie...” I tried to stop him before saying things he would regret in the morning.

 

“You know what Fany-ah. I don’t get you. At first you don’t date me because of my clingy former ex, and then we finally get together, you SLEEP with me on Christmas and then you wait until I’m completely in love with you to go back to your ex. Do you get that Wooyoung? Here I thought she loved me, you know? She slept with me and I thought it meant something, but I guess it didn’t. So I don’t know. I don’t know about you, Fany,” he finished, falling to his knees.

 

I looked over at Wooyoung who was staring at me in complete shock and anger. I could see his eyes tighten as we made eye contact and without a word he left.