Chapter 42

The Truth Behind The Lies

 

After getting Jessica to Taeyeon, I walked up the stairs and passed through the hallway. I searched through all the open doors for Wooyoung and couldn’t find him. Then I went to peek inside a closed door, hoping to find Wooyoung and not anything else. Once I opened it I could see Wooyoung’s face from the small light that was on. I slowly walked over to him and sat right beside him on the bed. He didn’t say anything; instead he slowly moved his face closer to mine and gently kissed my lips. I could tell from his breath that he had a few more drinks. The smoke from his cigarettes was barely noticeable. He fell on top of me and began to my jeans. I didn’t stop him this time as he slid them off. Now I was only in my underwear as he began to take off his shirt. I helped him, losing myself in his every touch.

 

In between kisses he was able to undo my shirt. Now I was only in my bra and underwear. He began to slowly kiss me on my neck, making me gasp. His lips moved with aggravation. Suddenly he was forcing it. His tongue moved quickly for me. I begged him to stop.

 

“Woo, please. Stop for a minute,” I begged.

 

He didn’t stop. He kept going, unstrapping my bra. I tried to hold it from falling.

 

Then after much effort I was finally able to make him stop. He was angry when he looked at me.

 

“I don’t get it, Tiffany. You do it with Jessica, but not me? This whole time I thought it was because you weren’t ready, but I was completely wrong.”

 

“No, Woo,” I tried to explain.

 

“How long did you know him for Tiffany, before you gave it all up to him? Were you even in love?”

 

I couldn’t say anything; so he continued, “I can’t believe you would do this to me, Tiffany. Again, you promised,” he whispered the last part.

 

“Woo, with Jessica it just sort of happened,” I explained.

 

He scoffed, frustrated, “wow, really?”

 

I nodded, “I’m sorry.”

 

“No, Tiffany. You’re not. You really aren’t. You’ve said that way too many times I don’t believe you anymore.”

 

“Wooyoung, please…”

 

“You know what? We’re going to finish what we started,” he said, moving closer to me.

 

I put my hands on his chest, stopping him.

 

“Wait,” I said.

 

He moaned as I continued, “do you love me?”

 

He just looked at me in disbelief, “don’t tell me you’re taking your mother’s advice,” he finally said frustrated.

 

“I don’t want to, but she’s right.”

 

 “Ugh, Tiffany, when is your mother ever right? Besides did Jessica tell you he loved you? I mean, how did you know he mean it?”

 

“I just knew,” I said too quickly for his liking, but then realizing myself that what I said was true. I did just know. With Wooyoung I always had to think-force-myself into thinking he loved me and meant what he said, but never really knowing.

 

He looked at me in frustration, “this is ridiculous Tiffany. I’ve waited too long for this and it won’t stop now,” he said.

 

He forced his lips on me and I tried to push him off me.

 

“Wooyoung, stop it!” I yelled, “get off me.”

 

He wasn’t listening.

 

I started to punch his chest to see if he would get off, but he wouldn’t even budge.

 

Finally after much effort I was able to slide from under him. I grabbed my jeans and slid them on and quickly re-strapped on my bra. I quickly searched for my shirt and then found it. I did not know how I was able to do what I did so quickly. I’m just assuming it was my adrenaline.

 

As I was about to open the door Wooyoung grabbed my hand and yanked me into his chest and forced his lips on me again. I pulled away, this time with much more force that he thought I could manage. He fell back on the bed and I quickly opened the door and ran out pulling my shirty on before anyone could see what happened.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

By the time I got to the front door of my old apartment, I couldn’t get myself to knock. Yuri had been right. My mom had been right. They warned me and I didn’t listen. I deserve this. I deserve everything. I thought to myself as I began to cry.

 

Suddenly the door opened and there was Yuri, standing over me.

 

“I’m so sorry, Yul. Can you every forgive me?” I pleaded my voice breaking.

 

“Oh, Fany-ah. I told you, I told you,” she said, tears forming in her eyes as she bent down as far as she could and out her arms around me.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next morning I woke up to a violent knock that startled me.

 

“Tiffany! I know you’re there. I need to talk to you!” Wooyoung yelled.

 

Yuri was already up and looked over at me, “stay here,” she ordered and went to go open the door.

 

“What do you want?” I heard her say.

 

“I didn’t ask for you, Yuri. I need to talk to Tiffany,” he said his voice calmer.

 

“That’s not going to happen.”

 

 “Yuri!” he yelled, getting angry.

 

“Do not yell at me…You had your second chance with her, to make things right and you blew it. Now go,” she said.

 

“I’m not leaving until I talk to her,” he said sternly.

 

“Do you want me to call the police? To tell them that there is a girlfriend beater passed out on the yard that just got his kicked by a pregnant woman?”

 

“Go ahead. I’ll still talk to her.”

 

I could hear Yuri sigh.

 

“Fine, but if she doesn’t want to talk to you I won’t force her to. ,” she finished and I could hear her footsteps approaching.

 

“Fany-ah,” she began as I looked up at her.

 

“I know,” I said getting up and walking to the doorway.

 

Once I got there I closed the door behind me and was now outside, face to face, with him.

 

“I’m sorry, Tiffany. What I did was uncalled for. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I’ll make it up to you. I promise,” he said, giving me his puppy dogface that I would have fallen for so long ago.

 

“Don’t Woo. Don’t pretend to be sincere.”

 

“I’m not Tiff. What I’m telling you is the honest truth…I was drunk.”

 

“Woo…I gave up everything for you, again and you proved to me, yet again, that you only want one thing from me.”

 

“That’s not true. I love you and you love me, remember? I want to spend my life with you. This isn’t some infatuation, Tiff. It’s not.”

 

“Yes, it is Wooyoung. This is exactly what our relationship is; an infatuation and I don’t love you. I thought that I did. I thought that what we had was real, because I hadn’t felt the way I feel about you with anyone and now I know why. It’s because I never loved you. God, I was so stupid for thinking that I did and just because you say it doesn’t make it sure. I guess what I’m saying is that I was in love with who I wish you were, but not anymore. Now I know who I truly love and that I clearly made a huge mistake by letting him go.”

 

He looked me in disbelief, “how can you say that? How can you say what we have isn’t love? And how Jessica is the guy for you?”

 

“Because he would never hurt me, never and because I made love with him and I felt it when I was with him. I felt protection, security. I felt everything with him and because he loves me too and when he says it I know he means it. I don’t have to try and force myself into thinking he does, I just know,” I finished, confidently. Not caring what he would say or do.

 

He just looked at me and then his eyes tightened, “you’re wrong, Tiffany,” he aid then walked past me and left.

 

I went back inside after watching him leave in his car, and then I was startled when I heard a shriek coming from the bedroom.

 

“Yuri?” I said, entering the room.

 

“I think my water broke.”