Chapter 32

The Truth Behind The Lies

Sorry for the late updat... I just have loads to do...Hope you like the update.....

 

I dialled Yuri’s number, hoping she’d answer.

 

“Yul, come on, pick up,” I said to myself as I heard phone ringing on the other end.

 

“Tiffany?” Yuri answered.

 

“Yul, thank god. Listen, I’m on my way to the hospital…Jessie got into an accident.”

 

“Oh, no! Tiff is he alright?”

 

“I don’t know, Yul. I don’t know.”

 

“Well, just go to him okay. I’ll be ok.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yeah, I can wait.”

 

“Thank you, Yul. I’ll get home as soon as I can.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Bye.”

 

“Bye,” she said then I hung up my phone.

 

When I entered the hospital, I saw Jessica.

 

“Jessie?” I called out.

 

He turned around as I reached out to give him a hug.

 

“Are you ok?” I asked concerned.

 

“Yeah,” he answered as we pulled away from our hug.

 

“What happened?”

 

“I was making a right turn on a green light and then Taeyeon grabbed the wheel and turned it to the oncoming traffic. Luckily, I only got a few stitches. Taeyeon didn’t get so lucky.”

 

“How is she?”

 

“She is still unconscious.”

 

“I’m glad you’re ok.”

 

“I am too.”

 

“Well listen, I would stay, but I was on my way home to see Yul. Something’s wrong.”

 

“I understand. You should go.”

 

“Are you sure you’re ok? I mean…”

 

“I’m good. I’m just gonna stay here and wait for news on Taeyeon.”

 

“Ok. Well, let me know if there is any change on her condition and if you need anything.”

 

“Thanks Tiffany.”

 

I looked at him one last time before I reached out to give him another hug. As I held onto him I whispered into his ear that, “it will be ok.”

 

As I released myself from his grasp, he pulled me into him and kissed me, surprising me completely.

 

“Thank you,” he said.

 

We stared at each other for a few more seconds until I looked away from him and started to walk to my car.

 

On the drive home I kept thinking about this kiss. I wondered if the kiss meant something or if it meant nothing at all.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When I got home I heard Yuri crying. It was like déjà vu. As I entered our room, I saw her lying down with a picture of her and Yoona and right beside it, a picture of her and Nickhun.”

 

“Yul, what’s wrong?” I asked, taking a seat across from her on the floor.

 

“Something happened, Fany-ah. Something terrible,” she said, continuing to look down at the pictures that lay in front of her.

 

“What is it? What happened?”

 

“I thought I could tell you Fany-ah, but the more I think about it. I can’t, I just can’t,” she said, her voice breaking.

 

“Yul, you have to tell me. No matter how bad or horrible it is. We’ll get through it together,” I said, but she did not respond nor did she look up at me, “Yul.”

 

Then she looked up at me and said something that shocked me, more than it had when she told me she could be pregnant.

 

“Yoona’s dad ra- me,” she said, and then broke out crying uncontrollably.